Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Guest Ti0n3r

Works for me too.

Anyway, I noticed that you're using the old BIS Steyr model now. Is that a mistake or is it intentional? <--- Nevermind, my bad...

Well, for me the STEYR Model looks different, with some funky new textures on it. Maybe there are several versions kicking around because the G36 and M2 definately aren't audible for me.

some one out there knows how to chang the 3rd person view back to normal size plz do this banghead.gif

@ 1in1class: Maybe if you keep spamming the same question every other post, someone will finsally reply and shut you the hell up.

On another note, the G36 and M2s do have sounds, it must have been an issue with the Zeus CTI Mission I was playing at the time I noticed it. The G36 doesn't have a muzzle flash though.

I'm going to download this, looks much beter than the version I have.

Thanks to you all for this.

Noticed that in the editor you cant see the outro and outro - lose options

editorex0.jpg

Like there. You cant switch between outro - win and outro - lose well you can you just use the keypad seems to work

Wow, now this is what I call a MOD... great work, lads!!!!

The new sounds are right on the spot, everything is great except for one thing that I didn´t like.

The guns now look like they´re zoomed out in first person view when you´re not aiming. The right hand of the soldier is placed in between in the middle of the magazine and grip. I used to own an AK-47 a few years back and it didn´t look that way. It looked more like the view in FFUR 2006.

Is there any way to revert the gun view to FFUR 2006 specs?

Please tell me there is whistle.gif

P.S. Same goes for third person view.

Edit: Argh, same result as the old config

Huh, what do you mean? Tested and worked ok for me huh.gif

The guns now look like they´re zoomed out in first person view when you´re not aiming. The right hand of the soldier is placed in between in the middle of the magazine and grip. I used to own an AK-47 a few years back and it didn´t look that way. It looked more like the view in FFUR 2006.

This has been asked countless times in the thread already (mostly by 1in1class who seems obsessed with the matter and can't stop posting about it). No response as yet, but I'd advise those looking into checking it out to take a look at Cheekymonkey's Improved Engaement Range pack, which also edited the FOV.

EDIT: Just checked the IER pack myself, and found the following defines in one of the config files:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class default{}

class ViewPilotbase: default{};

class ViewPilot: ViewPilotBase

{

initAngleX=8; minAngleX=-40; maxAngleX=+45;

initAngleY=0; minAngleY=-125; maxAngleY=+125;

initFov=1.00; minFov=0.42; maxFov=1.00;

};

So you'll be wanting to look for something similar to that in both the FFUR config, and the BIS Default config and then simply switch the values.

Cool

Do you know the name of the file in FFUR directory?

This has been asked countless times in the thread already (mostly by 1in1class who seems obsessed with the matter and can't stop posting about it). No response as yet, but I'd advise those looking into checking it out to take a look at Cheekymonkey's Improved Engaement Range pack, which also edited the FOV.

EDIT: Just checked the IER pack myself, and found the following defines in one of the config files:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class default{}

class ViewPilotbase: default{};

class ViewPilot: ViewPilotBase

{

initAngleX=8; minAngleX=-40; maxAngleX=+45;

initAngleY=0; minAngleY=-125; maxAngleY=+125;

initFov=1.00; minFov=0.42; maxFov=1.00;

};

So you'll be wanting to look for something similar to that in both the FFUR config, and the BIS Default config and then simply switch the values.

sorry dont mean to spam but dont get this twisted on the "shut the hell up " part wink_o.gif since you got an good ideal of what to do and sounds like it would be nice of you to help this issue out and make an config file with the fix FOV for the 3rd person view of the unit much closer wink_o.gif

Jackal, also gotta say the M4a1, (of course the A2 as well), I wouldn't think the little details such as the blue toggle on the AN-PEQ2 would have made a difference when looking at it, but they do! smile_o.gif Noticed the big difference (lighter and a lot better) in textures between your current M4 and M16 from that of the older. If that's any indication of what the rest of them look like I'm hooked for more.

@FFUR team, I know I asked it and hopefully am not making a mistake somewhere, but I still get the "no entry ffur_M4_reflex" type error right before the GUI screen starts up. Thanks

Jackal326, I can't believe you just insulted 1in1class guy for asking question on the forum. Isn't this the idea of the forum to help each other out? The guy is asking a legitimate question, but ppl keep ignoring him. So, he is trying again. I wish I would know the answer and I would help him, but I don't. If you don't know the answer, don't say anything, but insulting a person for asking questions is just so low man. I thought that advanced member like you should know that.

On topic. Seems like those underbarrel grenades are useless. I was attacked by 4 Russians and I fired 2 grenades at them, didn't even scare them! They were like some sort of water ballons for them. Did anyone have the same problem?

But they do kill.

offtopic: Jackal always was a ****. Something you find out when communicating with him.

I haven't downloaded the v2.0 yet, but I have a question

Why are the enemy AI are all snipers ? I mean, really, I take a sniper rifle, fire, they spot me, I look at them through the scope, they look at me for 2 sec, then take me down with a headshot from 400 meters. Why the heck is this happening ? I know AI is better in FFUR, but super sniping with Ak's/M16 with one shot that kills me from 400 meters that is just unrealistic.

It also depends on their skill level(you can adjust it in the unit placing screen). But yes, it can be irritating at some times but teaches you on how to be sneaky. :P

It seems I may have been barking up the wrong tree with the FOV commands. I just edited them to random numbers and it seemed to have no effect. I'll investigate further to try and find a fix.

@1in1class: My apologises, it seems I was overly harsh with you, though asking the same question lots of times is annoying and clutters up the page.

@AtR: My reply to you can't be repeated here, but I'm fairly sure you know the gist of it.

It also depends on their skill level(you can adjust it in the unit placing screen). But yes, it can be irritating at some times but teaches you on how to be sneaky. :P

I played Bomberman with not moded ffur, it is so easy, but with FFUR it makes it very hard sad_o.gif

yay.gif congratulation TB and ffur team!!!

i have a little problem with the APC explotions: i don't hear anything banghead.gif

and the mbt's turrets always flying too high (50-60m)

Quote[/b] ]and the mbt's turrets always flying too high (50-60m)

Well i remember this script when it was in its first ideas back on the ofepc boards i was assured that its realistic however i still dont think so biggrin_o.gif

Is it possible to make it flip so it doesnt just go down then up maybe create an explosion on it may cause it to spin or flip.

Quote[/b] ]Why are the enemy AI are all snipers ?

Yeah also very anoying. Is it possible to make weapons act like a JAM3 HD weapons maybe with not quite asmuch dispersion but something to stop headshots at 400+metres.

Hi, i've found a few bugs on the spanish install of the FFUR 2006 and ithink that icould had found more...

FFUR2006_Error.jpg

FFUR2006_Error01.jpg

FFUR2006_Error02.jpg

FFUR2006_Error03.jpg

And we continue...

FFUR2006_Error04.jpg

FFUR2006_Error05.jpg

I'll like to know if the MI-17 & MI-24 choppers can be found as stand alone addons somewhere. The MI-24 weapons firing sounds are very very low in DB; i was all happy firing with the APS hand gun when shuddenly... the screen frozzen... and afther some CTRL+ALT+DEL and a few ALT+TAB i was finnaly able of get out to the desktop and shutdown the OFP from there; but now... i can't open the FFUR 2006, i haven't try with the other mods, i hope that they work... and i guess... that a simple Reset or a computer restart will fix this, that i don't know why happened; no previous error message or nothing. Let's C ya

In your second post (the last image with the grenade launcher), the bar in the top right is your "health bar" which decreases when you get shot. That said however, its not exactly accurate as I've mentioned before.

In your second post (the last image with the grenade launcher), the bar in the top right is your "health bar" which decreases when you get shot. That said however, its not exactly accurate as I've mentioned before.

That's because soldiers in OFP often die without their damage being completely 1, for example you could take a fatal shot to the head and it will only do ~0.7 damage, though you'd still die.