Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Already getting excited here, don´t have tickets but who would want to see the games in overcrowded stadiums without the ability to bbq your own food or even drink your own beer...better leave that experience to the hardcore fans.

The sweden vs. england match makes me kinda fuzzy,

started thinking about buying a car alarm for the first time just in case some hools decide to destroy colognes vicinity:

_232777_car300.jpg

pistols.gif

edit:

Some Councils felt that for some reason the English flag (and other things such as the word Chrisrtmas) could offend non-english people in Britain. It dosen't help that polictical parties such as the British national party use it. mad_o.gif

It's political correctness gone mad! banghead.gif

Reminds me of the South Park episode where X-mas was banned because of political correctness..

Is the whole world going nutz these days? crazy_o.gif

As the forum's "Mr. Right", I predict the United States of America will win the World Cup because Mr. Right knows his soccer* ( pistols.gif ).

*I said soccer so deal with it.

haha Real men say "Football" so you deal with it !!!

I just don't watch TV (I heard about a game called Flashpoint...), it is really frustrating! But I'm gonna watch football, the World Cup isn't responsible for the FIFA's (swiss) capitalists...

Only Budweiser in German stadiums... LOL! crazy_o.gif

lol... only czech beer in germany... now thats a laugh!

Some Councils felt that for some reason the English flag (and other things such as the word Chrisrtmas) could offend non-english people in Britain.

As a citizen of your country, you are forbidden to display the flag of the country you are living in and have the word Christmas banned ??

Really incredible, i wonder what is the name of the highly stupid guy that decided to make this law crazy_o.gif

On topic, according to their last performance in the Korea/Japan world cup, the french team will win the world cup or they will be banned from France biggrin_o.gif

dont ask about british political correctness, its a complete joke...

Festive Lights/Tree instead of christmas...

anyways... I would have said Denmark to win (like i do every time), but for some silly reason they decided not to qualify, so I'll root for the other half of my nationality, and go for England (even though every idiot tabloid in the UK says it englands turn this time, and then we crash out in the 1/4 finals)

What should the media do? tell everyone we are going to get knocked out? I deffinatly think we have one of the best if not the best midfield in the world at the moment. I hope we win and deffinatly we are closer than ever to achieving that but i know i'm going to enjoy both the ups and downs of the cup.

Only Budweiser in German stadiums... LOL! crazy_o.gif

lol... only czech beer in germany... now thats a laugh!

Budweiser Budvar would be fine (I like Pilsener Urquell or Staropramen), but it's Anheuser-Busch... help.gif

Anyway, now the FIFA is in charge. There's an outer security perimeter around the stadium, transforming quite a large area of non-football space into a no-go area for people without a ticket. Within this area only FIFA sponsors are allowed to offer products -- off you go, fan shops, as I mentioned earlier.

In the city they set up two fan stores with FIFA licensed products. Local shops had to buy licenses to be allowed to re-sell world cup products at these sites. CMOT Dibblers will be prosecuted.

The Schützenfest will be delayed because they use the fair ground as a parking lot (car fleet of the FIFA).

The airspace above the stadium is a no-fly area, starting four hours before start of a match -- no helicopters, no zeppelins, no balloons.

Training of the teams? No audience allowed.

The catering people have to wear official dresses: t-shirt (only Coca-Cola resp. Anheuser-Busch) and sport shoes (only Adidas allowed).

The swimming pool near the stadium is now a media center and will be available for public access in September...

As I said, the made me hate this event. First I wanted to buy a ticket for the final match in Berlin, but then I saw how they distributed the tickets. And now this... band.gif

Who won the last wc?  Was it france?  For the life of me i can't remember. I can't remember where it was played, was it in france? lol

It was in Japan/South Korea (2002). In 1998 France won and it was in France. wink_o.gif

@der blaster: How did they distribute the tickets? huh.gif

They gave some to the Sponsors and VIPs, politicians etc and the rest was sold lotto-like and you have to buy it as person, that means that you have to give your personal data so that you can't resell it or give it to a friend when you're ill or whatever.

@der blaster: How did they distribute the tickets? huh.gif

Well, you had to apply for a ticket with some personal data (name, address, date of birth, nationality, credit card number, personal ID number, prefered team...). Afterwards there was a lottery. If you were lucky you got your ticket. If not, well... personal data has a certain value for some people...

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/56583

http://www.datenschutzzentrum.de/allgemein/wmticket.htm (german)

--

I just wanted to go to a counter, pay some hundred EURs and get a ticket. I know... "Dreamer" *sings*

That's sick! In the 21'st century you apparently do not sell your soul to the devil, instead you sell it to the media. Not that there seems to be any major difference between the two entities tho' :P

come on guys only 1 person has joined the malden premier league!! its free and a bit of fun so join up and join the mini league smile_o.gif

http://www.fantasyfacup.com/worldcup/

after you sign up click mini leagues and search for malden smile_o.gif

I applied for it with the username 531 smile_o.gif

I applied, too. Guess my name... wink_o.gif

Back on topic: Germany won 7:0 against some coequal team biggrin_o.gif Two goals in the last 40 seconds whistle.gif

Australia all the way, eh. Did anyone catch the game against Greece? Wasn't exactly an eye-opener, but at least the boys are playing alright.

Australia all the way, eh. Did anyone catch the game against Greece? Wasn't exactly an eye-opener, but at least the boys are playing alright.

Yeah. Australia was pretty good. I can see how much Australia is playing better than about 5 years ago wink_o.gif

We got all these wogs in Australia and we dont have a good soccer team tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]sorry, but your team is just not up to date this year! They wont make it beyond quarter finals!

At least, France didn't lose against Italy 4:1 wink_o.gif, ow and even better, we won against the german Mannschaft 3:0 the last time we played against you... :-D

And 2 days ago, we beat the fourth-best team in the world...

Just Wait'n see...;)

Regards

Thunderbird84