Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

The whole WM is a hoax anyway as most of the tickets went to sponsors and VIP´s and not to the fans. It´s funny to know that most of the financial burden has to be taken by fans through taxes, but they are the last ones to get into the stadions.

Well, I can´t complain though. Cu next friday in Munich tounge2.gif

and on 5th of July in Munich aswell tounge2.gif

I am no soccer fan btw. whistle.gif

Well, I can´t complain though. Cu next friday in Munich tounge2.gif

and on 5th of July in Munich aswell tounge2.gif

So the BW agreed to send soldiers w/o uniforms in the end? wink_o.gif

I am no soccer fan btw. whistle.gif

Arg! And you have two tickets!!! crazy_o.gifwhistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]So the BW agreed to send soldiers w/o uniforms in the end?

No, my brother works for a company that develope security patterns for money and they got a big load of free tickets as they developed some of the security measures for the WM tickets.

Hopefully I will not end up like in Verona where I got some free tickets aswell and ended up next to Walter Scheel and Mc Guyver in the VIP section.

WHat's wrong with sitting next to Richard Dean Anderson? Atleast you'll be safe, should something unusual happen... tounge2.gif

My hearts with the US team but they are gonna have a hard time in the group they are in. I think the game between them and Italy may decide who goes on and who goes home as the Czechs will most likely win the group outright.

"In America, american football is called "football" and european football is called "soccer", but in Europe, european football is called "football" and american football is called "football". Why not just call american football "soccer"? it would be the same, only opposite"

I hope England wins, it will be there 40th anaversery of there last win if so.

I hope England wins, it will be there 40th anaversery of there last win if so.

Oh, didn't realise that until now... 40 years after the legendary "Wembley-goal"... I already see the finals Germany-England biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I already see the finals Germany-England

Yeah and I see them crying again biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

My group stage predictions:

Group A: Germany; Poland

Group B: England; Sweden

Group C: Argentina; Netherlands

Group D: Portugal; Mexico

Group E: Italy; Czech Republic (close group though, US could get through)

Group F: Brazil; Japan (second place is anyones really, Australia or Croatia could get through)

Group G: France; Switzerland

Group H: Spain; Tunisia (another group with an open second place, Ukraine or Saudi Arabia could get through)

"In America, american football is called "football" and european football is called "soccer", but in Europe, european football is called "football" and american football is called "football". Why not just call american football "soccer"? it would be the same, only opposite"

In Europe, American football is called 'American Football'. The word soccer comes from the full name of 'Association Football', so bears no relation to American Football. And it would be silly.

Yeah and I see them crying again  biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Just remind me, what was the score last time England and Germany met? *cough*5-1 to England*cough* wink_o.gif

@Predicitons: Join us! Malden League.

Just remind me, what was the score last time England and Germany met? *cough*5-1 to England*cough* wink_o.gif

When did England win the last penal... ermm the last match against Germany in a tournament? biggrin_o.gif

In Europe, American football is called 'American Football'. The word soccer comes from the full name of 'Association Football', so bears no relation to American Football. And it would be silly.

Its supposed to be silly as its just a joke.

When did England win the last penal... ermm the last match against Germany in a tournament? biggrin_o.gif

when we last played them in euro 2000 and beat them 2-1 i believe smile_o.gif

when we last played them in euro 2000 and beat them 2-1 i believe smile_o.gif

It was 1-0. Okay, but that was not in the "K.O.-phase"... tounge2.gif

You didnt win an international competition since the Wembley Goal. You didnt deserve it so now you got to live with that spell forever!  biggrin_o.gif

Anyhow, this weekend there was already a little introduction to the WC, basically all of the skyscrapers in Frankfurt were used as screens. Leaving the patriotism aside it was realy a great show. Have a look here at this youtube video. I wonder if the real opening show can beat this immensive light show, that went on for three days. If you are in Germany it might be broadcasted tonight again!

unfortunately this is only the end, so you cant see much of the light show!

If you want to watch all of it, use the following link, be aware, there is a german commentator so if you are disgusted by our language..:rofl: . No seriously, there is lots of talk before the show actually starts...(just forward to minute: 10) click me. As I said, this is no video manipulation, and it is realy worth a look!!!! quality is good enough to watch it full-screen! And the soundtrack oh lala, if you arent a football fan yet, you will be after the video

grossbanner_skyarena_480.jpg

Oh, Placebo joined our league, your PR works, Albert biggrin_o.gif

@Placebo: Don't forget to make your preditions!

@all who can read German: Join the kicker-WM-Managerspiel NOW! wink_o.gif

Oh, Placebo joined our league, your PR works, Albert biggrin_o.gif

@Placebo: Don't forget to make your preditions!

Yeah I'll have to try to 1. remember 2. find the time smile_o.gif

Woah, 1-1 Australia vs. Holland.

We didn't really stand much of a chance winning, though. As an amateur goalie (2nd XI undefeated GPS premiers 2004 - 4 goals conceded, 2 from penalties!wink_o.gif, I admired the way Schwarzer saved our bacon. Though it was a pity Viduka missed that penalty too.

Damn, those Dutch are good. wink_o.gif

theres only a few days left to join up and submit your predictions!

14 of us so far more the merrier! smile_o.gif

Predictions for the whole tournament have to be submitted before the tournament has started? Bit annoying, I'd like to study form and such before predicting.

Predictions for the whole tournament have to be submitted before the tournament has started? Bit annoying, I'd like to study form and such before predicting.

Placebo, those are the rules and please respect them as we respect yours here! biggrin_o.gif

But I agree. It is absolutely STUPID to predict the finals alredy NOW before even knowing which teams advance. Why? Because the chances of earning points is distributed unfairly from this stage onward. Most bets are split into several parts so you can only guess the results, but never have to guess who will play against who!

you wouldnt be predicting if they told you who was going to play who, the idea of predicting the group games and then the stages are based on your predictions smile_o.gif

pre·dic·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-dkshn)

n.

The act of predicting.

Something foretold or predicted; a prophecy.

hehe

i can see both sides though

Predections huh? As in who's going to win?

Finland of course. Finland won the Eurovision singing contest which is just AS REMOTE AS Finland winning the football world cup. Also, I think the hell is frozen and Finland will have a nice sunny summer. Book your cabins now! *cough*

/me goes out to clear the yard from snow

Predections huh? As in who's going to win?

Finland of course. Finland won the Eurovision singing contest which is just AS REMOTE AS Finland winning the football world cup. Also, I think the hell is frozen and Finland will have a nice sunny summer. Book your cabins now! *cough*

/me goes out to clear the yard from snow

the world cup should be PLAYED in Finland biggrin_o.gif but there's always the chance the cup would disturb mid-summer celebrations crazy_o.gif

Finland won the Eurovision singing contest which is just AS REMOTE AS Finland winning the football world cup.

With the slight difference that in order to win, you have to be allowed to compete, which may be a slight problem for Finland's upcoming World Cup victory wink_o.giftounge2.gifrofl.gif

Hello All!

Does any one know if there is any opening ceremony this year? If so, when is it?