Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

From what I know there was one planned, but it was cancelled... as the FIFA wanted to make sure that the grass stays green crazy_o.gif

From what I know there was one planned, but it was cancelled... as the FIFA wanted to make sure that the grass stays green crazy_o.gif

Yes, indeed.

@ Those who don't want to predict now:

Do you really want to predict everything acurat?

I just though about the colour of the flag, or my sympathy for the country and predicted in this way... Took me 5 minuts for the whole thing. ^^ firefoxlover.gif

And I bet, that my predictions won't be wronger than the predictions of those, who studied all the teams ^^ biggrin_o.gif

Well, predicting right now means that it really is only luck; after the first 1-2 matches of every team it wouldn't be only wild guessing.

ive done my predictions based on the friendlies smile_o.gif

My predictions are now complete, I decided to not predict any draws then it makes the games between sides I have no affinity for a little more interesting smile_o.gif

Anyone know of some good English language internet based commentary for the world cup? I will be able to see the matches on Czech television or German satellite channels but obviously I'd prefer English commentary so I'm hoping the internet commentary will matchup with the pictures on tv/satellite, looks like Radio 5 Live do online commentary but it says UK only sad_o.gif

My predictions are now complete, I decided to not predict any draws then it makes the games between sides I have no affinity for a little more interesting smile_o.gif

Whaaaaaaaaat *becomes histeric*

You predicted France will beat Germany help.gif

*Can't find the words*banghead.giftounge2.gif

I mean, that's even more unrealistic than Germany beats Brasil ^^

if France is in shape then they will beat Germany like nothing!

Rest assured, any team with good strikers and an average defense can beat germany. There is only two groups of teams that wont, those that dont score and those that have no clue about defense. I believe France has a fair chance, if only they are not as tired as they were last time!

For me the dangerous teams are Holland, England, France and Sweden, I dont realy fear the others.

If I look at your predictions I see to mayor enemies for the germans; one is England and the other Argentine. I say with England you are right, but I doubt Argentine is dangerous at all. But we will see!

BTW: want to be entertained? Then read this Article but dont forget the popcorn! rofl.gif

why's everyone underestimating the swedes? in past tournaments they've been nearly the toughest team in group phase.

why's everyone underestimating the swedes? in past tournaments they've been nearly the toughest team in group phase.

Well, if Germany is out, my next favorite was and is always Sweden smile_o.gif

But I never heared something of them during the last months confused_o.gif

Anyone know of some good English language internet based commentary for the world cup?

talkSPORT

Works internationally I think

Cool thanks, I just tried their live feed and caught part of a phone in show so it seems to work smile_o.gif

Only problem with that is Rodney Marsh is the commentator, still he's better than ruddy Jonathan "Robotwars" Pearce.

I'll take Rodney Marsh over Engelbert Schweinenhuntmeister or Jan Pavel Prsdenmesic anyday.

(Apologies to any German or Czech people offended by the names I just invented wink_o.gif)

I'll take Rodney Marsh over Engelbert Schweinenhuntmeister or Jan Pavel Prsdenmesic anyday.

(Apologies to any German or Czech people offended by the names I just invented wink_o.gif)

Ehm...*cough* yes... crazy_o.gif

omg the opening match is like... TOMORROW!! and I'm working from 8:00pm - 3:30am EET crazy_o.gifbanghead.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shashman, I dont like people to cheer AGAINST Germany. Since I still have Moderator rights I give you a warning 4 out of 5 and 24h post restriction starting from tomorrow 17h00!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone else wants to get the same punishment?

wink_o.gif

hehe

i see France had a good idea by playing a freindly lastnight and getting Cisse to break his leg, no big deal i hear you say... but a liverpool fan its a big blow as we were trying to sell him!

and good news about rooney i hear you all say :P

doing a WC sweepstake in work and i pulled out........Costa bloomin Rica

Means they'll choose Giuly who in my opinion is about 5x better than Cisse.

I just noticed your prediction game, i will make mine tonight when i get home, right now i got satellite dishies that need fixing so i gotta run.

were up to 19 members now smile_o.gif

*edit*

oooh 900 posts now smile_o.gif gonna get me one of them custom titles ones day :P

OK, I've requested membership. My user there is Eivind. Betting on the Czech to win...

Quote[/b] ]i see France had a good idea by playing a freindly lastnight and getting Cisse to break his leg

It's a shame that we lost one of our best 'strikers' two days before the start of the World Cup, 'seems that 'Sidney Govou' will replace him anyways.

Fortunately, we still have 'Thierry Henry, Saha and Trezeguet' as attackers, so stay tuned...

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Means they'll choose Giuly who in my opinion is about 5x better than Cisse.

Ludovic Giuly is very skilled but Cissé is 'unique', he's fast and explosive, even if he's often wounded, he usually makes the opposing team's defense feel vulnerable.

ETA -24H

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

i think he make the supporters behind the goals feel vulnerable as thats where 99.9% of his shots end up... in their pies