txalin

William Porter's Blog

uhm BF2 dropped bomb on OFP® parade ? lol ...

that's like say ET:QW kicked BF2 ass ...

comparing games with development time difference longer than 1 year ... comparing arcade vs "sim" ... comparing game where You limited to 1+some equip vs "any" equip ... comparing small maps vs huge maps ... comparing little of vehicles vs tons of vehicles ...comparing small visibility vs distant visibility ... comparing XBOX360 game vs XBOX game ...

not only BF2 looses in most of categories (ignore MP code as OFP/OFPR wasn't primary MP game) ... but it will be funny see how BF2 runs on old XBOX ... smile_o.gif

My God is that magazine fully retarded, "Oh look BF2, shiny graphics! more accessible for gamers....that are 10"

Magazines that even try to compare a sim to a arcade should burn.

maybe ur dumb or u didnt check it or ur super inteligent

hmmm

If you want to call people dumb perhaps you should check your spelling wink_o.gif .

Hmm...I see what you mean bravo 6..a bit confusing at first,I wonder why the nothernmost portion of the map is blurred out,perhaps the Russian base is there?

Curious as to what that gray spot is on the northern portion of the map thats not blurred,by one of the clouds,perhaps all that gray is a city? Gee I can already see Jurassic Park mods commin..

mayamoti maybe you should play me on a dm any island you choose yay.gif

LOL from that google image it looks like a Jurassic Park type island biggrin_o.gif

uhm BF2 dropped bomb on OFP® parade ? lol ...

that's like say ET:QW kicked BF2 ass ...

comparing games with development time difference longer than 1 year ... comparing arcade vs "sim" ... comparing game where You limited to 1+some equip vs "any" equip ... comparing small maps vs huge maps ... comparing little of vehicles vs tons of vehicles ...comparing small visibility vs distant visibility ... comparing XBOX360 game vs XBOX game ...

not only BF2 looses in most of categories (ignore MP code as OFP/OFPR wasn't primary MP game) ... but it will be funny see how BF2 runs on old XBOX ... smile_o.gif

well lets end this, all we have to do is to take a copy of that thing, go inside the bathroom, and relax, just remember that when you finish your business there is a better and more earth friendly opinion then toilet paper right on your hand whistle.gif

"My God is that magazine fully retarded, "Oh look BF2, shiny graphics! more accessible for gamers....that are 10""

"dunno, but maybe BF2 are born to be slag?"

"OFP was a singleplayer game with some multiplayer support added later to the game. Bf is a multiplayer game for the ... socially challenged, who want to vie for e-dominance and ownage, You know the kind of computer nerds who watch pure-pwange. "

"not only BF2 looses in most of categories (ignore MP code as OFP/OFPR wasn't primary MP game) ... but it will be funny see how BF2 runs on old XBOX ... "

Arghh, *Considers starting vote for new forum rule to stop the words/abbrevations for Battlefield 2 and Flashpoint to be in the same post*

Seriously, stop it, for the good of Flashpoint-ness, pleease sad_o.gif

Just because it's not totaly realistic, doesn't mean the people who play it are idiots.. There are plenty of idiots who play all games.. Not everyone likes completely realstic games, not everyone likes arcadish games.. The comment on Pure-Pwnage, that whole show is a deliberate joke, incase you didn't notice.. You think people on TV act like that when they're not acting?

Yes, the media have screwed up, as they do a lot, by seeing "BF2 has real weapons in it, it must be realistic", but the media screws up all the time, for example : http://www.wbns10tv.com/?sec=ho....78.html is one of the most annoyingly misinformed, paranoia inducing articles I've ever read..

If you read a proper gaming magazine, not just a news paper or press release (who'll claim that the game brings the dead back to life if it'll sell more copies, in most cases), you'll see far better informed opinions.. Why? Because those writers are smarter? No, because thats what they do, they play and write about games, so of course their opinion is better..

*Sighs again* *Burns ranting hat* There, no more ranting smile_o.gif

- Ben

Just because it's not totaly realistic, doesn't mean the people who play it are idiots.. There are plenty of idiots who play all games.. Not everyone likes completely realstic games, not everyone likes arcadish games.. The comment on Pure-Pwnage, that whole show is a deliberate joke, incase you didn't notice.. You think people on TV act like that when they're not acting?

Yes, the media have screwed up, as they do a lot, by seeing "BF2 has real weapons in it, it must be realistic", but the media screws up all the time, for example : http://www.wbns10tv.com/?sec=ho....78.html is one of the most annoyingly misinformed, paranoia inducing articles I've ever read..

I play a large variety of games, including counter-strike, battlefield, and all those games. I agree with your first point 100%. I will admit I have used 1337 speak before. However, I think a lot of the flashpoint community doesn't realize that the entire thing is in good fun...NOBODY is serious when using it. It is just a silly, fun thing to do that lightens up the mood and gives the opposing enemy a little chuckle. And most people that play mainsteam games that play mainstream games play with maturity and intelligence. Obviously there are a few exceptions, but this is because it is mainstream-there is bound to be one idiot in a crowd of 500.

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif On that "leet speak" article. "Parents in the dark over mysterious internet language" rofl.gif

4 IN 1 and DBR_ONIX you both missed point of my post ...

it was ... don't compare something what is waste of time to try compare ... BF2 is not OFP and vice versa ...

one is shootemup arcade second is close to military simulator ...

it's like apples and oranges ... similar shape different taste smile_o.gif

yeah , i wish William post some nature shots (rivers, streams, waterfalls, forrests, animals, sunsets&sunrise, distant storms etc.)

You know all that stuff where beauty is captured in that short moment smile_o.gif

Or a single screenshot with all of those things, a deer drinking from a stream in a forest, with a waterfall behind, at sunrise inlove.gif

It's probably a dream which will not be realised in Arma. We've had no evidence that proper streams or rivers will feature, nor that we will see animals larger than a butterfly : (

A question: if both countries are on Sahrani island, where is international border? Was it even mentioned?

From this picture :

Sahrani

I'd say its the point where the 2 pieces of land are joined by a narrow bridge of land? Or maybe the border is somewhere further up.

I'd say its the point where the 2 pieces of land are joined by a narrow bridge of land?

I was thinking the same thing.

4 IN 1 and DBR_ONIX you both missed point of my post ...

it was ... don't compare something what is waste of time to try compare ... BF2 is not OFP and vice versa ...

one is shootemup arcade second is close to military simulator ...

it's like apples and oranges ... similar shape different taste smile_o.gif

never disagree with you and never compare them, like many ppl said, just because i like Ace Combat, did that really made me an idiot who keep saying "i am an ACE"? just to point out that while we hated someone to compare them, there are always idiots who stand up in the line and start shouting crap, and the best way to due with those F##koffs is to ignore them, so relax m8, and find something on the blog to talk about, or our nice mod will put it to an end wow_o.gif

btw just because i disagree what you think BF is fun, it doesnt mean that i think you are an idiot(in fact i do think it is fun sometime, just by watching wink_o.gif ), just to clear it out

A question: if both countries are on Sahrani island, where is international border? Was it even mentioned?

Does it really matter?

I'd also sugest the thin joining of the two main sections. logical choice really.

It's updated again. He removed the old pictures. sad_o.gif

Removed the pics but added one new one. At least the blog is being regularly updated.

Guest Ti0n3r
That looks like a pretty nice place for a DM wow_o.gif