txalin

William Porter's Blog

Sahra size is 8x8 Km with a lot of water inside the square, Nogova is 8x10 with not much water inside the square, so Sahra is smaller than nogova.

We should ask William about the other islands close to Sahra

Sahra size is 8x8 Km with a lot of water inside the square, Nogova is 8x10 with not much water inside the square, so Sahra is smaller than nogova.

Unless the grid size has been changed. Also, if you zoom out in OFP the grid size changes to a larger one too wink_o.gif

There is only two grid sizes, 100m & 1000m

Negative.

When you increase map size to 25.6km x 25.6km from 12.8km x 12.8km you'll see that grids increase too. So the grids in ArmA screenshots can be and probably are 256m x 256m.

Try a_lone_wolf's WRP double ot WRP quad addons and you'll see wink_o.gif.

a_lone_wolf's site

Sahrani is just a Small island!
Well i will give you a new hope then.

The actual Sahrani size is only 64 KmË› or 16 % of the 400 KmË› announced. So the new hope is : what is the 84% remaining ?

Is Sahrani only the begining of an archipelago conflict?

Here the actual scale of Sahrani island made with all the intels avalaible :

e905b003006f9d8363e8a449e787t.jpg

Full size here

Plus:

Sanctuary pointed it : William said it on his blog. Sahra is just a small island in a bigger archipelago wich must be fully accessible without any loading.
well this is what the island creator told me some time ago, i posted in other thread.
lol, funny what everything you (fans) are able to find and talk about wink_o.gif Sahrani is based on real satelite datas but the shape whas modified to fit our campaign and ideas

I agree with it! because..

The south part is where we are, and the north part belongs to a old-style communist holdover from the Cold War called the ‘Democratic Republic of Sahrani’ which is actually not far from here on another bunch of islands.

I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.

I think Sahrani is just a part of all crap

Compaire! Rotate! AND See.. it makes sense!

I have 1 word for you... GUADELOUPE! (Rotate 180ÅŸ)

<a href="http://bravocompany.home.sapo.pt/ArmA/guadeloupe.jpg" target="_blank">

Goggle View</a>(1024x768)

If you wish to believe in a load of speculative crap then that is up to you! Personally I prefer to go by the official word from BIS and Placebo. William Porter is merely trying to create a story that is why he quotes more islands in the archipelago. Where would all the reinforcements come from otherwise? Use your brain and stop assuming every sentence from every possible story is a fact that will appear in ArmA.

Also if you spent more time researching facts instead of spaming and name calling in these forums you might just have a better idea of what is actual fact and what is fiction. Grow up and stop posting crap in these forums!  usebrain.gif

Wow. How much time have you lot been wasting finding all of this stuff and putting into a nonsensical, silly idea database that is really dumb? crazy_o.gif

If you wish to believe in a load of speculative crap then that is up to you! Personally I prefer to go by the official word from BIS and Placebo. William Porter is merely trying to create a story that is why he quotes more islands in the archipelago. Where would all the reinforcements come from otherwise? Use your brain and stop assuming every sentence from every possible story is a fact that will appear in ArmA.

Also if you spent more time researching facts instead of spaming and name calling in these forums you might just have a better idea of what is actual fact and what is fiction. Grow up and stop posting crap in these forums! usebrain.gif

pipe down Red kite..

when i said crap i ment in a good way. Not offending.

Unfortunatly you don't tell me what to do.

looks like you dont like to hear other people opinion, too bad.

Tryed to join some info (in a good way) and looks like its not apreciated, at least im not attacking others like you do.

Im speculating aswell so we all come into a conclusion. The end of conversation.

BIS might use some Real islands and change them abit.

This is a possibility. Some of the roads have almost the same lines. Cities are located in almost same places.

Im not telling they are using it, i just tryed to locate our/(william) island.

edit:

Wow. How much time have you lot been wasting finding all of this stuff and putting into a nonsensical, silly idea database that is really dumb? crazy_o.gif

to answer your question: maybe 40 mins

at least i try to find something and not criticizing smile_o.gif

maybe i spam with silly/dumb/imature.. bla bla bla yammer.gif, but i do not spam attaking others.

looks like you dont like to hear other people opinion, too bad.

Tryed to join some info (in a good way) and looks like its not apreciated, at least im not attacking others like you do.

Im speculating aswell so we all come into a conclusion. The end of conversation.

On-Can.gif    rofl.gif  Bravo - You crack me up!

Your speculations are presented are fact. They are just speculations. Perhaps right, perhaps wrong.

On-Can.gifrofl.gif Bravo - You crack me up!

nothing better to say? tounge2.gif

anyway I hope someone makes a good racetrack island for Arma wink_o.gif

Just find out how big Nogova is and then increase it to 400 km^2 and you can get an idea of how big Sahrani will be.

edit: Placebo said something along the lines of the engine handling things while streaming, allowing you to make islands as big as you want.

They have no reason to lie about the size of the island. It would just backfire at them the day the game hit the stores. You don't sell games by lying.

Absolutely. Metal Gear Solid 2 taught us that you sell games not by lying, but by releasing a careful selection of screenshots and media that mislead the consumers as to the true contents of the game.

I'm just joking around here.

8x8 km compared to nogova's 8 x 10? That's a step in the wrong direction. I'm pretty sure BI would not introduce islands that are actually smaller than the islands in their previous games.

Well, either way, I'm glad that sahrani has such a beautiful figure. Nogova was shaped a bit too much like a damn brick.

Guys, calm down before the Moderators get wind of this 'fighting'.

Also;

@CsonkaPityu

Quote[/b] ]Just find out how big Nogova is and then increase it to 400 km^2 and you can get an idea of how big Sahrani will be.

edit: Placebo said something along the lines of the engine handling things while streaming, allowing you to make islands as big as you want.

I thought that was for Game 2??

The streaming was created for OFP:E, so it will also be used in Arma.

The streaming was created for OFP:E, so it will also be used in Arma.

ah...cool. THis game gets better and better.

I wonder if Willi has met any of the locals yet? I wonder if he could get a photo of one of them and Frank...

Stop bickering please, it's completely counter productive.

There is only two grid sizes, 100m & 1000m

Negative.

When you increase map size to 25.6km x 25.6km from 12.8km x 12.8km you'll see that grids increase too. So the grids in ArmA screenshots can be and probably are 256m x 256m.

Try a_lone_wolf's WRP double ot WRP quad addons and you'll see wink_o.gif.

a_lone_wolf's site

That is a hack to increase ofp limit, it result in a miss scaling map grid.

See square 128m and big square 1280 (128x10) :

4c22afb77567cf017badc2257929.jpg

Actually it was 128m per grid in OFP1 afaik.Anyways,all i want to know how you derive your 1km scale for that other small pic.Keep in mind that icons on the map dont get smaller when zooming out but actually fill a larger space

EDIT:Nvm,I guess one can derive that from the roads

EDIT2: In any case the 1000m on the pic in the post above fill about the same size as your 600m in your other pic imo.

Meh.. anyways,ill leave it at that.The easiest way to solve this would be of course BIS saying something,its not like they have time to make a complete new island if they want to release the game anytime soon,so no WIP-excuse there

Right the small square are 128m and the big square are 1280m

the 1 km square isn't fully drawed because the view is too zoomed. I just use the grid wich is accurate

8x8 km compared to nogova's 8 x 10? That's a step in the wrong direction. I'm pretty sure BI would not introduce islands that are actually smaller than the islands in their previous games.

Ingame map with Sahrani island is 419.4304 km2.

8x8 km compared to nogova's 8 x 10?  That's a step in the wrong direction.  I'm pretty sure BI would not introduce islands that are actually smaller than the islands in their previous games.

I think that's pretty definitive  wink_o.gif

Thankyou for ending the argument Medvidek.

They keep the other islands secret.

YEEESSSSss!

The word from 'The Man'.  Thank you!

Guest Ti0n3r

The blog has been updated. Nothing major though.