txalin

William Porter's Blog

Islands in VBS2 and Game 2 will be over 100x100km's, that will put jets and a aircraft carrier to good use smile_o.gif

IF there are jets (no ones been able to say jets yet). placebo said planes over and over but that's not jets. When ask about jets, they says "planes will be in the game" You wouldnt look at a f-16 and say "look at that plane". This could just be a word game too whistle.gif

Hey coderdfox, It's Rg from the PR community (moved on a while ago though, but I remember your name).

Either way, jets will be in the game.......mods, mods, more mods.

I see this thread has been promoted to a 'sticky'. Could this mean something?  whistle.gif

Yo dude, Havent been playing for while, too busy at work to "F" off. xmas_o.gif Plus all the noobs and tubes.

well I hope there is Jets, at least the A-10 and other ground attack jets. I would love to see the addition of cargo planes too.

Yo dude, Havent been playing for while, too busy at work to "F" off. xmas_o.gif Plus all the noobs and tubes.

well I hope there is Jets, at least the A-10 and other ground attack jets. I would love to see the addition of cargo planes too.

Do you actually still play it? I haven't touched PR since 4-6 months ago and don't plan on ever going back, lol. No mod can turn it into a decent game (at least in my eyes). Maybe I'll see ya when ArmA comes out.

Islands in VBS2 and Game 2 will be over 100x100km's, that will put jets and a aircraft carrier to good use smile_o.gif

IF there are jets (no ones been able to say jets yet). placebo said planes over and over but that's not jets. When ask about jets, they says "planes will be in the game" You wouldnt look at a f-16 and say "look at that plane". This could just be a word game too whistle.gif

airplane is the correct term for any fixed wing aircraft be it jet, prop, turobo prop, or rocket powered.

air·plane (âr'plān) Any of various winged vehicles capable of flight, generally heavier than air and driven by jet engines or propellers. whistle.gif

when i look up and see an F16, i say oh look an F16! which just happens to be a Jet Fighter Aircraft, followed by drooling tounge2.gif

From yesterday I can't see the header of the blog and the last pic posted there. Is it me or......

Klavan

I saw this roleplaying comment earlier:

Quote[/b] ]Hey William,

I don’t know if you remember me, I’m David Armstrong, we served together on the island of Everon fighting against general Guba back in the 80’s. I was training together with you on the island of Malden when it all started.

Anyway, I was checking for some names of people I server with on google(I still have that end-war book that everybody signed), and bumped into you blog. You are actually the first person I encountered. Robert Hammer, Sam Nichols or James Gastovski didn’t show up any good results.

It’s nice to see you are still in the army. I had to trade the active field for a desk-job because of an accident with a tank (you perhaps heared the rumor that a guy thought there were 4 backwards gears and only one forward gear on an M60, to run faster from the enemy, well that was me…) I was driving backwards, when suddenly I switched gear and started to move forward . I couldn’t stop fast enough and so I fell into a river from 5 meters high. I was lucky to make it alive…

I read about the Sahrani situtation. I even take small part of it. I’m choosing and buying the food for you guys. I have to admit, the one supply of burgers from McDonalds wasn’t quite what I expected. I presumed they would arrive still warm, but the plane had a delay… so sorry if you had to eat cold McDonalds burgers… Seems like you guys enjoy the local food(from what I saw back from those burgers). So I ordered some nice monkeymeat. Apparently it’s a real “delicatesse†over there. I hope you will enjoy it.

I have to leave for now, General O’neil just noticed me writing this, so I better quit if I don’t want to loose my job.

Take care!

David

Heh, would be nice to know more about what happened to Armstrong, maybe during the campaign.

Guest Ti0n3r

LOL, that's BS. Mr. Porter is 25 years old biggrin_o.gif

LOL, that's BS. Mr. Porter is 25 years old biggrin_o.gif

Apparently hes 45... rofl.gif

yeah , something is not right.. (Cold war crisis and this recent war in Sahrani).. theres some years of difference between.. William couldnt server army at that time.

Quote[/b] ]so I better quit if I don’t want to loose my job.
Hope it isn't. I don't want to be playing ArmA and See "Jonny is loosing connection"

I see this thread has been promoted to a 'sticky'. Could this mean something?  whistle.gif

If you look in the Offtopic Forum in the Ask a Mod thread you will see someone requested it.

If you look in the Offtopic Forum in the Ask a Mod thread you will see someone requested it.

And there was me thinking that the blog was about to 'hit the gas' and switch to overdrive!  doh.gif

I saw this roleplaying comment earlier:
Quote[/b] ]Hey William,

I don’t know if you remember me, I’m David Armstrong, we served together on the island of Everon fighting against general Guba back in the 80’s. I was training together with you on the island of Malden when it all started.

Anyway, I was checking for some names of people I server with on google(I still have that end-war book that everybody signed), and bumped into you blog. You are actually the first person I encountered. Robert Hammer, Sam Nichols or James Gastovski didn’t show up any good results.

It’s nice to see you are still in the army. I had to trade the active field for a desk-job because of an accident with a tank (you perhaps heared the rumor that a guy thought there were 4 backwards gears and only one forward gear on an M60, to run faster from the enemy, well that was me…) I was driving backwards, when suddenly I switched gear and started to move forward . I couldn’t stop fast enough and so I fell into a river from 5 meters high. I was lucky to make it alive…

I read about the Sahrani situtation. I even take small part of it. I’m choosing and buying the food for you guys. I have to admit, the one supply of burgers from McDonalds wasn’t quite what I expected. I presumed they would arrive still warm, but the plane had a delay… so sorry if you had to eat cold McDonalds burgers… Seems like you guys enjoy the local food(from what I saw back from those burgers). So I ordered some nice monkeymeat. Apparently it’s a real “delicatesse†over there. I hope you will enjoy it.

I have to leave for now, General O’neil just noticed me writing this, so I better quit if I don’t want to loose my job.

Take care!

David

Heh, would be nice to know more about what happened to Armstrong, maybe during the campaign.

I kinda liked the one from Biker Babs  nener.gif

Google normally have this kinda effect but if we wait and let it load all info we might have an focused image.

Since the objective was to post a nice image of the island there is no reason why they didnt load all info.

Does anyone know why there's a part that we can't see clear? (link)

i think its very strange, maybe something they want to hide for now? icon_rolleyes.gif

Does anyone know why there's a part that we can't see clear? (link)

i think its very strange, maybe something they want to hide for now?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Have you ever tried using Google Earth? Only certain parts of the planet, such as major cities, are photographed in the really high resolutions. Other, less important, sections are not so clear and appear blurry. Part of the picture was made blurry to give this fake picture of Sara the authentic "Google Earth" look with low resolution areas.

Go ahead and give Google Earth a shot. It's fun to find your own home.

I wonder what rank Armstrong is now?

Think He'll be incharge of forces on Sarah? rofl.gif

Also that blog entry makes him sound like a right idiot!

btw , from what ive read william is in the early 20s ... so he would have been 3 years old serving alongside armstrong on everon ... ? rofl.gif

btw , from what ive read william is in the early 20s ... so he would have been 3 years old serving alongside armstrong on everon ... ? rofl.gif

I thought the same while i was reading it. biggrin_o.gificon_rolleyes.gif

John R. @ May 08 2006,15:03)]

I thought the same while i was reading it.  biggrin_o.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, me too.

Guys, when ArmA does come out, why not start up an unoficial compotion to recreate the 'Photos' seen in the Blog as best we can!? biggrin_o.gif

...or maybe not. I know I'll ry it out any way.

Also, whats all this talk about May 10? huh.gif

GET READY  

Fri, May 10, 7:30

10 may is Wednesday? nener.gif