txalin

William Porter's Blog

I wonder if those guys are AI, in which case I also love the fact that they are looking around, not staring straight ahead.

This feature was already implented in OFP wink_o.gif

Hmm, you're probably right but I never noticed it. I recall the AI would look around whilst standing still but not whilst walking or running.

Certainly combined with the new animation it looks very realistic, which is something that couldn't be said for the OFP animations.

Hmmm...video is O.K. (big O big K smile_o.gif ), but one thing bother me.

You can see on video that shadow of a soldier changes - depends on the move but the shadow of the tree is still, even when the tree is "waving" because of the wind. It`s a really small thing, but would be nice if the shadow wasn`t so much static. Wonder how will it be when the weather is random, it`s obvious that the shadow should be in other place when it`s noon and when it`s 6 p.m. for egzample.

EDIT:

or is the shadow of the tree "moving" too?

Now i`m not sure because the camera is shaking all the time confused_o.gif

yeah those shadows are most likely placeholders. Shouldn't be a big problem to fix.

That video is obviously just a small showcase for their awesome patrolling animations. Also, lighting and shadows in general look pretty good. That soldiers actually look like they would walk on ground, even the one in the distance. Double thumbs up.

(wonders if those patrols are part of way points, or something more creative and dynamic whistle.gif )

Textures are really, really great. Look at the wall on the bottom. It is good shaped, with some regular patterns biggrin_o.gif And shadows of soldier in far is accurate i think notworthy.gif

(wonders if those patrols are part of way points, or something more creative and dynamic whistle.gif )

I'd say they are wp's. One guy is just standing there near the hedge looks like a stop wp wink_o.gif . I really like the atmosphere being generated by the update gfx's though. Cant wait for the real deal (vid @ E3 hopefully).

pop9qc.gif

In-game movie finally...and hope for more on E3.

Wow, just saw the video, the realism...is...just....too much, and soooo COOL!

Can't wait! pistols.gif

Hauk notworthy.gif

Wow, really beautiful video. Heh, and there I was a few months ago looking at the first pics being released and thinking 'oh my...this looks a bit crappy'. whistle.gif Truelly amazing work, very athmospheric. yay.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Btw, notworthy.gif to the BIS animator. These are the most realistic and life-like animations I've ever seen.

Thats a really nice video, good job on the animations! biggrin_o.gif

Found that doing "mplayer -loop 10 embassy.avi" made me seasick with all that panning, tiliting, zooming and swaying icon_vomit.gif

Found that doing "mplayer -loop 10 embassy.avi" made me seasick with all that panning, tiliting, zooming and swaying icon_vomit.gif

iam already dizzy myself wacko.gif i saw that video like 50 times in a row stun.gif ouch when i come out of video i see monitor swingging.. puking2.gif

The animations reminded me of Jarhead biggrin_o.gif .

Great work on the game! and I think that making the shadow of the trees move with the trees themselves is a matter of animating the shadow lod a bit. though it wont be "real" calculated shwdow, you most likely wont notice it (unles it's really desynched)

Wow....The new video looks really, really good. notworthy.gif

This is the best of all i´ve seen about Arma...the feeling is really good ˇ yay.gif ˇ

this should be a recent video or is it a video from some months ago?

i know blog says May 9th, 2006 so that video was recorded some days before or months?

Quote[/b] ]That almost looked like it was CGI

pssst...... it is wink_o.gif

I am very impressed by what ive seen till now from screenshots and this vid.

The blog is a great idea and after my initial irritation about being left in the dark about Arma I think our Uberverwalter and the others from Bis are doing an excelent job in getting a buz going.

Damn I feel like a kid the evening before Christmas or his birthday.

I dont care about minor things like a shadow not correct or twisted fingers.

We are still looking at stills from an Alpha release and I get very happy when I think about what we will get to game with the upcomming years if this great comunity starts to work with this game.

@ May 09 2006,22:14)]...and I get very happy when I think about what we will get to game with the upcomming years if this great comunity starts to work with this game.

I think thats the best thing about ArmA biggrin_o.gif