Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Guest Ti0n3r

Hmm... If I wouldnt know better I'd suspect that the game is being beta tested wink_o.gif

evolution5dq.jpg

Nice BIS, much more then I expected 11 months ago. notworthy.gif

EDIT: Date whistle.gif

the screens look great, they really used alot of bumbmapping.

one thing is bugging me... i dont see any normalmapping of anykind anywhere.

im suprized that they havent used any normalmaps to add even more detail to the models. the soldiers flack vest could really use some normalmapping, ass can the tires on the BDRM and the tracks on the tanks.

the screens look great, they really used alot of bumbmapping.

one thing is bugging me... i dont see any normalmapping of anykind anywhere.

im suprized that they havent used any normalmaps to add even more detail to the models. the soldiers flack vest could really use some normalmapping, ass can the tires on the BDRM and the tracks on the tanks.

Uh they used normalmapping wink_o.gif.

We can see the progress of ArmA's water in this picture sequence. The second insert shows how they've got the waves only breaking on the beach.

arma_sea_progress.jpg

All we need now is a video so we can see the animated waves and lighting effects! pray.gif

and now imagine if You gets chance to edit any ingame shader effects (let say at least like in Oblivion) don't like effect? missing effect? modify or add own shader package smile_o.gif ...

Water and models look very good, but the trees look a little strange. I hope that's the next thing we see improved.

Quote[/b] ]and now imagine if You gets chance to edit any ingame shader effects (let say at least like in Oblivion) don't like effect? missing effect? modify or add own shader package

Indeed. If we can make custom shaders for lets say weather effects, then we'll have some pretty stunning visuals. Here's something that can be achieved by simple editing, Natural Environments for Oblivion.

Water and models look very good, but the trees look a little strange. I hope that's the next thing we see improved.

I agree, the trees need to be changed somehow to "fith" the new layouts and details.

Imagine the trees moving, dancing with the wind (like in OFP elit, but much better)

inlove.gif GO BIS!!! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Ps- im so impressed.

I surely hope options will be fixed... I remember back in the good old days when we set 2 teams... and I smoked the entire area and suddenly in all the fog I got killed... I asked friend how did he see me in all the smoke... and he replied: "what smoke? i have it turned off"... rofl.gif

Its incredible how ugly the new soldiers are the older ones looked much better and much more realistic texture wise now they look like some ones bad cartoon dream.

band.gif

okay the body armor looks very unrealistic it only looks slightly "good" because of the shadow but when its gone = all in shadow its just an drawing which dosen't look like the real thing the colores are all rong. it would have been much better if thry had taken thier time too at least add a few shadowes in the basic pattern and made it look like it was a uniform made of som kinda cloth in stead of just a bad texture. the tanks looks like a dream come true the same I can not say about the soldiers.

STGN

ok wow stgn it blows my mind to know that you think the new arma soldier is ugly.

EDIT: i do wish they added some anti aliasing to the game.

Ohh, my god

lol, not everybody is preaty.. xmas_o.gif

I bet there's some preaty guys out there in ArmA, don't worry. wink_o.gif

You also have militia.. rofl.gif

How this graphics and 60 players, plus AIs, on MP should work, is beyond on my beliefs. crazy_o.gif

But I guess it's more or less possible.

How this graphics and 60 players, plus AIs, on MP should work, is beyond on my beliefs. crazy_o.gif

But I guess it's more or less possible.

Agree icon_rolleyes.gif and i believe some cards will burn for sure... huh.gif

Overall they look very good, i find it strange to see that US soldier wearing 3 colour desert cammo in such environment though.

That mapping on the US soldier cammo.. they should loose it, it looks way too "Doomish" for me and very weird too crazy_o.gif , i would prefer cammo that looks like... cammo wink_o.gif .

The vehicals look perfect, MG turrets on the tanks are still missing, the water is amazing, etc..

The trees looking good to me. Only one thing what I'm missing are shadows. biggrin_o.gif

it is looking fantastic... now to see it moving would be great!!!.  I hope E3 release some new videos. The view range looks about 2-3 k's.

omg omg omg! inlove.gif The pics of the updated the soldiers and vehicles looks wonderful, only thing might be the wests seem a bit more bright than the uniform but maybe its supposed to be that way. Wonder if body armor could be taken on and off? And that would change the looks of the soldier doing it?

Also the http://www.armedassault.com/shots/arma1.png screen has some freakin nice pavements and urban areas. I like the little sombreros or umbrellas? And the sidewalks and roads look really kick ass and of course buildings really show off really good too.