Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

There is something about Arma on that cover? For that matter there is something about Tomb Raider, MS and Intel?

Wonder why I never saw it .... tounge2.gif

There is something about Arma on that cover? For that matter there is something about Tomb Raider, MS and Intel?

Wonder why I never saw it .... tounge2.gif

you must stop focusing on that object in center rofl.gif and let your eyes slide to corner right bottom smile_o.gif

Nice new screenshots!

Only thing I dislike is this blue'ish colors..., same like OFP.

http://lee.plankton.ch/ArmA_04_org.jpg

Why not more like this?

http://lee.plankton.ch/ArmA_04_edit.jpg

MfG Lee

Honestly the fog I think always looks off in every game, and in my opinion the white sky would not be such a good option within the use of fog to 'cover up' less high defined objects at long range, it would mean unless you had the fog turned off which would indeed show long range blocky looking objects very clearly (ugly looking) every day would be a white-ish grey sky with objects less visible than before constantly.

Ive seen and experimented with this in Ghost Recon, it was always a balance and really on the clear sunny days the best fog option seemed to be the blueish colors, which still sort of 'clouded' distant objects that were blocky looking but retained the sharpness of everything else all while maintaining a good 'sunny day' feel. The worst part about the grey color fog is that it will turn most moderate to longe range distance objects toa grey color, turning the entire setting to a more black-and white atmosphere, aside from objects at close range.

edit: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES

Nice new screenshots!

Only thing I dislike is this blue'ish colors..., same like OFP.

http://lee.plankton.ch/ArmA_04_org.jpg

Why not more like this?

http://lee.plankton.ch/ArmA_04_edit.jpg

MfG Lee

Agreed Lee H Oswald, the blue-ish skies of ofp are a bit disappointing. The sky that has more white in it looks vastly superior. Take special note of the hills in the background; they look more natural and real in the second picture. Same goes for the buildings really.

One more thing I’m wondering about. If armed assault is supposed to be set in the near future, will the ACU make an appearance?

Arch.

I like the white tint more. all blue just doesnt seem right.

Guest Ti0n3r

HDR could have been turned off. They could have used an unfinished sky. I wouldnt worry.

HDR could have been turned off. They could have used an unfinished sky. I wouldnt worry.

If all else fails... mod it? wink_o.gif .

If all else fails...  mod it?  wink_o.gif .

.....Or adjust your video card/monitor settings!  tounge2.gif

anyone that has this mag can you scan the ArmA article in for us?

Copy%20IMAGE_00003.jpg

The blueish sky would look perfectly ok during certain dawn and dusk periods and that original shot have rather subdued look to it, like it could be during one of those periods of the day.

I'm impressed by the new shots, jaw dropping stuff. yay.gif

Holy Crap! Those new screenshots are totally mind blowing mang. It's like watching three suns set at the same time in a field of flowers. notworthy.gif

everyone take a good look at chipper's post and see if you have that magazine. we need that scan of Arma!!! it even says "exclusive"  banghead.gif

BIS I think you hit the head on the nail, I showed my buddy the screenshots and he thinks it's for the Xbox 360

RalphWiggum Posted on April 15 2006,19:43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

damn it! move that girl away! we want ARMA photos on the front page!

There's more than one photo on that cover? whistle.giftounge2.gif

Woah, wait. The date on the website's post says April 13th. According to the post, the PC Format issue arrives on newstands next Thursday, so I guess it's not out yet.

Keep your eyes open.

What country is PCFormat published in?

Also, there are times in OFP:E when the sky looks whitish, just as your doctored graphics shows. I'm thinking that it was overcast.

a few pages back ppl were taling about ADA, who works for BIS, well here he is in his true form. ROFL

ada14xh.jpg

sorry i had too

Im gonna buy that PCFORMAT mag straight away! is this months!?

and PCFORMAT is in UK but it could be worldwide? inlove.gif

Yes, PCF is available outside the UK. I bought every single issue from 94 to 2000 here in Norway.

So how about those scans, gentlemen? smile_o.gif

not out until thursday ? or alst thursday. gonna go have a look now at the shop:).maybe a scan will appear on image shack who knows ? smile_o.gif. reading last months as we speak ,nice piece abou blue ray v hd -dvd.

posted on 13th ,so that would make it out on 23rd

Quote[/b] ]All Good Newsagents as of next Thursday.