Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

BIS I think you hit the head on the nail, I showed my buddy the screenshots and he thinks it's for the Xbox 360

Merf...I hope not...*chews nails*

I see 18 but not 18+ it may be like an issue number or somethin...hmm..wonder what it means by "top huh.gif Game 2 huh.gif?" damn I can't read it for crap.

It says something like top secret game 2 info or something like that.

Tried to enhance and sharpen it as much as possible....

PCFormat2.jpg

...Does that read first play of?!   huh.gif

How I read it: I'ts Flashpoint Mk 2! First play of the **** soldier sequel!

PLUS! Top **** Game 2 revealed!

**** = Can't read!    Anyone see it better than me?   wink_o.gif

Sure, "first play of the **serious** soldier's shooter sequel.

Top **secret** Game 2 &&&no idea&&&.

So it reads:  "It's Flashpoint Mk2! First play of the serious soldier's shooter sequel.

PLUS! Top secret Game2 revealed!

Is it a preview by the mag? Or is there is a DEMO?!   wow_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I think it might mean ArmA is game2. I guees time will tell.

I believe we all think ArmA is Game 2 or OFP2*.

All point towards that way but BIS already said it wasn't..

they have 1 site for each name..

.. have they change their mind?

ArmA is more for today's fanbase, while OFP2 will be pushing technology beyond what people have seen in a game. So no, Armed Assault won't be Game 2.

Quote[/b] ]So it reads: "It's Flashpoint Mk2! First play of the serious soldier's shooter sequel.

PLUS! Top secret Game2 revealed!

Is it a preview by the mag? Or is there is a DEMO?!

Usually when I bought PCFormat in the past (I buy PC Gamer nowadays - prefer their style) 'First play' usually refered to the magazines first play, that is to say that the magazine wuld have a play of an early build and then have a page preview of how things are going. I've never seen it in the past refer to a demo on the disks.

But obviously, I would like to be proved wrong of course.

Quote[/b] ]ArmA is more for today's fanbase, while OFP2 will be pushing technology beyond what people have seen in a game. So no, Armed Assault won't be Game 2.

But AA was originally supposed to be OFP 1.5 as it was considered to be an improved update to OFP. Now, as we know that neither the original islands or the campaigns will be shipped with AA, then AA cannot be considered to be an update and therefore cannot be considered to be version 1.5. Therefore the case for v2.0 I think is a valid statement.

Guest Ti0n3r

I think that ArmA is now more of a game than game2 was a year ago (orly?). Right now it looks like the game will have everything that game2 was meant to have. OK, There might not be any multiple gunners and there might not be any roleplaying elements. But I think the rest will be there.

ArmA is still ArmA but it looks like it'll be much more than just an updated Ofp. More like a new game.

This is what I mean;

pcgamer7zp.jpg

If AA would indeed be "Game2" I think it would be for the reasons that:

- They saw that the supossed graphics quality of AA would not cut it so they decided to bring in alot of Game2 features

- They also saw that upon doing that they, could move the "framework" of Game2 into a third game which will be Dx10 and....well released in like 2 years time ++ tounge2.gif

Nope, it says PLUS! Top secret Game2 revealed!

Which means there will be a review of either an ArmA demo or, hopefully, the ArmA beta, and there will be some info on Game 2 - maybe an interview or something

Bottom left of the magazine front, is that age 18+ on a gamer magazine?

Yes.

_39400000_bbfc_ratings_150.jpg

c-uc.gifc-r18.gif

Is it only me that doesn't seem overly impressed with the screen shots? These are the first I've heard of the new replacement to OFP, something I've been waiting for for 4 years now. But they seem to be not hugely different from OFP screen shots.

I appreciate that BI seem to have kept the OFP style - I loved the slightly rough-edged approach as all the focus was on gameplay rather than pointless graphics. But I would have expected something a little more in the 4 years (or more?) this game has been under development.

Can someone please confirm that significant advances have been made. I read pleanty of posters saying "ArmA isn't only an OFP upgrade", but is this just sucking up on these forums?

Either way I'm really excited that my OFP drout will soon be at an end. Bring it ON!

Nick

---------------------

www.nickbailey.co.uk

But I would have expected something a little more in the 4 years (or more?) this game has been under development.

Armed Assault has only been in development for a year (or less).

It might be easier for you to tell us what you expected to see and we'll comment on that.

Although lots of people are now refering to Armed Assault as the sequel, it is not nor never was meant to be that. It is an updated version of OFP designed to fill time until the real sequel "Game 2" hits the shelves. For that reason it does look a lot like OFP just graphically updated (in a major way), with some new units, lots of OFP limitations and bugs fixed. It's not aiming to break any new ground ... the real new innovations should come with Game 2.

All the same, Armed Assault should be a fantastic game like OFP was before it.

Is it only me that doesn't seem overly impressed with the screen shots? These are the first I've heard of the new replacement to OFP, something I've been waiting for for 4 years now. But they seem to be not hugely different from OFP screen shots.

I appreciate that BI seem to have kept the OFP style - I loved the slightly rough-edged approach as all the focus was on gameplay rather than pointless graphics. But I would have expected something a little more in the 4 years (or more?) this game has been under development.

Can someone please confirm that significant advances have been made. I read pleanty of posters saying "ArmA isn't only an OFP upgrade", but is this just sucking up on these forums?

Either way I'm really excited that my OFP drout will soon be at an end. Bring it ON!

Nick

---------------------

www.nickbailey.co.uk

Watch the russians tech demo video, significant improvement is the bridge that collapses dynamically, other then that they probably made the AI less stupid and greased the game engine so its bigger prettier.

They changed the way the game handles objects and terrain s far as i know too, they made it "fully streaming" (i can't imagine what exactly that means). I remember when FDF eastern border map lagged my old comp because the map was so big, it had so many objects and the game handled them all at once (i don't mean rendering - the objects are loaded into the memory) - that is probably changed, which would allow some thick Vietnam maps for example.

BTW if the bridge was dynamically destroyable then it would be possible to make houses that collapse also, which would make me very happy. whistle.gif

Oh and i think that the magazine has the exact same tech demo the russians had and the trackir booth at the GDC - would make sense - so don't get all excited.

Nice new screenshots!

Only thing I dislike is this blue'ish colors..., same like OFP.

http://lee.plankton.ch/ArmA_04_org.jpg

Why not more like this?

http://lee.plankton.ch/ArmA_04_edit.jpg

MfG Lee

sorry to go back again on this..

but if you open ofp and do alt tab you will see the 1st image brighter as it is, ie, you will see the brighter image (edited).

This happens to me when i take a pic the pic is always darker then in the game. Maybe thats why we have that pic.

try to open OFP and do alt tab and look at Bis new pics.. maybe that helps tounge2.gif

Nice new screenshots!

Why not more like this?

MfG Lee

but if you open ofp and do alt tab you will see the 1st image brighter as it is, ie, you will see the brighter image (edited).

This happens to me when i take a pic the pic is always darker then in the game. Maybe thats why we have that pic.

try to open OFP and do alt tab and look at Bis new pics.. maybe that helps  tounge2.gif

Or you just changed your ingame contrast/brightness settings, because it doesnt change here... tounge2.gif

Nice new screenshots!

Why not more like this?

MfG Lee

try to open OFP and do alt tab and look at Bis new pics.. maybe that helps  tounge2.gif

Or you just changed your ingame contrast/brightness settings, because it doesnt change here...  tounge2.gif

Actually that does work for me! But then again I remember having to seriously mess around with OFPs graphic settings to make it look half decent (even with DXDL). If I alt tab in OFP my desk top looks paler also and every other program I open too!   wink_o.gif

Fact is, OFP has a blue'ish look which is not the best if you ask me.

A little more white will make everything look more real.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

as you seen the evolution on the pics we know BIS will not release ARMA like that..

They always make intensive evolutions.

every post is even more realistic..

these new pics may not be recent.. they are for us, but for Bis may not be wink_o.gif

Imagine how will be future pics from their last update smile_o.gif

edit: also think the new and real animations Placebo told were not implemented yet tounge2.gif altough we see soldier digitalized that may not be "the" animations he told. thumbs-up.gif

what i mean is animations in the term of movement, positions, simple movements we havn't seen yet. Their 1st Video might reveal some nasty stuff smile_o.gif

GO BIS!

Fact is, OFP has a blue'ish look which is not the best if you ask me.

A little more white will make everything look more real.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

And I'm telling you that OFP:E's sky changes color because of the HDR lighting, so it probably will in ArmA, too.

are we STILL pointing things out? Almost everything we see has been changed