Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

The MP5 sight and all OPF iron sights are perfectly balanced for use in not only CQB but mid range shooting, they work in a wide range of situations, i doubt anyone would like to see them replaced with a crosshair that zooms in (SWAT4 icon_rolleyes.gif ).

Well, that`s the point...IR sights are balanced ...

It doesn`t mean they`re great.

In rl you have the ability to manipulate your weapon so you might have different fov`s using different ranges from your eye to the rear sight...adjusting the stock and so on...

That`s my suggestion for ArmA/G2: when using IRsights give me the ability to change the fov for ex. by mouse scroll, suggested many times in IR sights thread.

amazing! yay.gif

All we need now is some one to translate this article about armed assualt.

As I already said in another thread, the Tiscali preview is merely an online version of the Score magazine preview from November, which was discussed in this thread.

I aggree with Mr Heatseeker&Co. Keep the current, hotbox-separated look/target system, the you-go-slow-when-you-use-ironsight mode, avoid the zooming mode á la R6, and I, as a realism fan, will be happy with ArmA, even in CQB. Man, I fixed a little urban mission (BKM-mod, Vitrovitica island, the classic Marines pack, ECP 1.085)... nothing special, dozens of marine guys shoot each other, but the fun! I can't play it twice the same way nevertheless the island's urban area is a beta!

And a question: why on Earth does everybody so mad about that multiple-gunner thing? I can tell you, I play OFP for 5 years and have never felt the need for fire from multiple guns... maybe from ships but that's all... I start to be hysteric if I read "multiple gunner pos" again... thank yew

And a question: why on Earth does everybody so mad about that multiple-gunner thing? I can tell you, I play OFP for 5 years and have never felt the need for fire from multiple guns... maybe from ships but that's all... I start to be hysteric if I read "multiple gunner pos" again... thank yew

because when people want to make an addon such as this the second gun in the passenger seat and is only for show which i think you will agree is a bit crap.

the ofp aiming system is the best there is in the market. by that i mean having an aim point that can move a bit around the screen. that funny crosshairsy thing.

in fact the one thing id suggest to make it even better is remove the artificial cross hair completely but keep the free aim system. so if you want accurate aim you have to use iron sights. smile_o.gif

what the, a playground in a wargame? I haven't seen that article before. rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]what the, a playground in a wargame? I haven't seen that article before. rofl.gif

Oh god, please lets not have that big debate al over again - remember the one about having children in OFP was a good/bad idea? Raged for a while a couple of years ago IIRC.

Your right though, BergHoff, its a bit unexpected!

Did you guys notice the terrain detail and the vegetation from those aerial shots? Looks pretty good compared to OFP. Also, was that a road, or a stream in the one shot?

If that's an actual flowing stream, we're in business. Small waterways are going to add a lot to realism. Imagine streams, rivers, rice paddies, etc...

Smaller terrain detail might mean being able to implement realistic trenches and earthworks as well.

I'm getting excited all over again.

Did you guys notice the terrain detail and the vegetation from those aerial shots? Looks pretty good compared to OFP. Also, was that a road, or a stream in the one shot?

If that's an actual flowing stream, we're in business. Small waterways are going to add a lot to realism. Imagine streams, rivers, rice paddies, etc...

Smaller terrain detail might mean being able to implement realistic trenches and earthworks as well.

I thougt it was a river aswell but I think it is the default Resistance 'medium' size road.

The ground textures and sea textures have been improved has expected, combined with the lighting it all looks amazing. Same for the new models, brilliant inlove.gif .

http://ofp.neco.cz/news/pics3/aramatiscal5.jpg

I am also very happy to see that the old buildings are getting a facelift, because i really liked the original CWC style buildings smile_o.gif .

It looks like a road to me.

And just to point out to some people - you realize that if BIS was to add multigunner and copilot positions to the helicopter that you'd have a four man crew for each vehicle?

Just making sure you know that, because adding those two people is that many more polys in game.

Good pics, though. Game engine looks good.

I wonder if BIS attached weapon sounds to the weapon instead of the magazine... hmm... I don't know why I just thought of that.

its not really that many considering the or so 8 guys(even more in addons mi-26 ect) riding in cargo of the helicopter. its a feature badly missing in my oppion espically commanders mg tanks confused_o.gif

is it me or does the water look poor also sad_o.gif

dont get me wrong im still looking forward to it but deep down i have a big feeling alot are going to be disapointed

mmm, this new pics are form the same version as the thee old ones? because in my opinion this pics looks a bit "older" than the other ones, i dont know why, but looks like that the engine is older ons this new screenshots, on the other hand, the first three screenshots of the thread looks better to me, better iluminattion, with more definition on vehicles.

Maybe placebo can say something about this? those screenshots are made with the same version than the three from the first message of the thread or is a older version?

What is the deal with the blackening of vehicles when they are destroyed? Since when does that happen?

Other than that, looks awesome.

What is the deal with the blackening of vehicles when they are destroyed? Since when does that happen?

Other than that, looks awesome.

It's always happened. Blow up a BMP or an M113. The only vehicles that don't turn black off the top of my head are the car classes.

i think he means in real life

i agree abit i have only seen black chared and burned tanks that have had a serious fire. the knocked out abrams in iraq that the americans destroyed with a maverick is good example type of burn/char, but is not really all that comman from what little ive seen maybe im completely wrong.

those screenshots are made with the same version than the three from the first message of the thread or is a older version?

I should think the latest screenshots are old Txalo, taking into account what Placebo said in the previous page of the thread:

Quote[/b] ]

As I already said in another thread, the Tiscali preview is merely an online version of the Score magazine preview from November

those screenshots are made with the same version than the three from the first message of the thread or is a older version?

I should think the latest screenshots are old Txalo, taking into account what Placebo said in the previous page of the thread:

Quote[/b] ]

As I already said in another thread, the Tiscali preview is merely an online version of the Score magazine preview from November

I would have to agree there....also the vehicles are the old version ... no change. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

ok, thx for info smile_o.gif

mmm, this new pics are form the same version as the thee old ones? because in my opinion this pics looks a bit "older" than the other ones, i dont know why, but looks like that the engine is older ons this new screenshots, on the other hand, the first three screenshots of the thread looks better to me, better iluminattion, with more definition on vehicles.

Maybe placebo can say something about this? those screenshots are made with the same version than the three from the first message of the thread or is a older version?

I agree, but I think that Anti-Aliasing and/or detail might be turned down.

**To say 1 thing about multiple gunners. The only thing I would LOVE to see is a turret on fixed wing aircraft. AC-130 anyone smile_o.gif