Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Latest screenshots available

Is it just me, or are they going a little overboard with the grass? tounge2.gif

I really like this pic. In real life, the brush (bushes+tall grass) really does get that thick, just in my hometown too. Who knows how it could get in a tropical environment. This is the first game I've seen that actually has such realistically thick brush!

In this old screen the grass is visible pretty far. Far enough for me and it blends really nice with enviroment.

I really like this pic. In real life, the brush (bushes+tall grass) really does get that thick, just in my hometown too. Who knows how it could get in a tropical environment. This is the first game I've seen that actually has such realistically thick brush!

yeah good point, the thick brush, im gonna start freaking out and letting of lose rounds if i dont feel safe lol

LOL you spam-masters! tounge2.gif (Oh wait. I've posted 5 times in the last 25min. Damn! I'm a hypocrite! mad_o.gif )

*checks GMT watch*

6.5 hours till possible new pics! xmas_o.gif

How will the grass function in the multiplayer mode?

Since it's rendered till a certain distance from the player, it's not possible to use the grass as cover for any enemy player beyond 100/200 meters.

Since it's rendered till a certain distance from the player, it's not possible to use the grass as cover for any enemy player beyond 100/200 meters.

Aggghhhhh - This subject should be dead and buried, the question has been answered a hundred times.

If you are lying in grass you will be hidden (invisible) even if the grass is not rendered.

Aggghhhhh - This subject should be dead and buried, the question has been answered a hundred times.

If you are lying in grass you will be hidden (invisible) even if the grass is not rendered.

What about hiding only your head but not your body in the grass? huh.gif

No one will know. That is one of the surprises I bet.

It needs som shades though. Right now you can't tell what angle the shot is coming from. crazy_o.gif

Might be because it's a still though.

http://www.arma-zone.pl/modules....pl1.jpg

What is that on his back? I can make out the tripod, but what is the weapon?

also, why are the magazines in his ammo pouch bright red?

The 'weapon' isn't actually a weapon but a laser designator for laser guided weaponary (bombs, missles etc).

Those aren't magazines they are grenades. Grenades are frequently marked with different colour bands to quickly distinguish the type - e.g. HE, Smoke etc

http://www.arma-zone.pl/modules....pl1.jpg

What is that on his back? I can make out the tripod, but what is the weapon?

It's the OFP Laser Designator, my bet is that the model is a placeholder.

Quote[/b] ]...also, why are the magazines in his ammo pouch bright red?

They're not magazines, they are tops of the smoke grenades.

They're not magazines, they are tops of the smoke grenades.

ahh.. I can see that now.

I'll be playing it exclusively coop though and afaik it's still not clear if the grass will obscure the ai l.o.s. This could be a game breaker for me. Getting shot by bots that shouldn't be able to see you behind soft cover in such a lethal game is a major issue for some.

I'll be playing it exclusively coop though and afaik it's still not clear if the grass will obscure the ai l.o.s. This could be a game breaker for me. Getting shot by bots that shouldn't be able to see you behind soft cover in such a lethal game is a major issue for some.

Already answered, you will be hidden to both players and AI.

Do you have a quote or excerpt from an interview confirming this? Because the only thing I've seen is that they we're looking into a conceal system, nothing was implemented yet.

It needs som shades though. Right now you can't tell what angle the shot is coming from. crazy_o.gif

Might be because it's a still though.

It IS shaded, look at the tree, you are looking at the dark side of it. smile_o.gif

Do you have a quote or excerpt from an interview confirming this? Because the only thing I've seen is that they we're looking into a conceal system, nothing was implemented yet.

Yes they said they were going to implement a system for hiding in the grass, and I'm sure they weren't lying tounge2.gif

It has been mentioned in several interviews and by looking at the long grass in recent pics, they would have to otherwise the grass will get in the way.