Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

T-72's,BMP-2's,Mi-17's,UAZ's,Ural's,ZSU-23 and the BTR. (BTR-60 I think...I know it has no turret.)

Thats not BTR, but BRDM-2.

Quote[/b] ]We have two US Marine vehicles,AH-1Z and Stryker...

The Stryker is an US ARMY vehicle. The USMC use LAV series armoured transports and AAVP7A1 Assault Amphibian Vehicle.

Well, the USMC use the littlebirds. So the two gunships are both USMC, so there probably is a marine presence on the island.

And it's not sure if the hind will be in, but there was a seperate thread for it so i won't start dicussing the stuff here.

I'm with GBee regarding the map. There are plenty of features shown on the satellite image and in-game pics that simply aren't on the BIS map. It would require someone with some pretty detailed inside information and damn good mapping talents (not to mention tools) to produce an image like that.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I believe there is a real island out there that was used as a blueprint for Sahrani. Does anyone remember the BIS in-house tool that could create entire islands from raw topographic data? Assuming BIS bought some detailed satellite information, they could easily make a few modifications and release a fake "Google maps" image. This data would also be the basis for Sahrani, which would explain the consistency between the satellite image and in-game screenshots.

That may leave you scratching your head wondering what the upside is. Personally, I spent hours looking for that damned island, and even went to Wikipedia in search of a comprehensive list of small islands in the Atlantic (remember, the island could actually be anywhere). Quite an awesome marketting strategy, you could say.

Well, the USMC use the littlebirds. So the two gunships are both USMC, so there probably is a marine presence on the island.

And it's not sure if the hind will be in, but there was a seperate thread for it so i won't start dicussing the stuff here.

The USMC has NEVER used the H-6 airframe, it is an exclusively Army helicopter. And in fact, the Army only have ~30 of them left, all of which are in 160TH SOAR service.

[Edit] Oh, and the Stryker is only in US Army service too, forming the Stryker brigades. The Marine Corps uses LAV's [/Edit]

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I believe there is a real island out there

someone from bis and placebo in an interview said.

Quote[/b] ]Sahrani is based on real satelite datas but the shape was modified to fit our campaign and ideas.

[edit] oh and Donkey posted the google,prolly an alias for a bis chap wink_o.gif

I think it's highly unrealistic that such a small nation as Northern Sahrani has heavy battle tanks, APCs, other AFVs and Mi17 helicopters.

Judging from the screens it has approximately half the size of Grenada. So Sahrani may have around 30.000-45.000 people with a maximum of 8.000 to 13.000 men available for military service. Comparable real-life nations wouldn't even have a military but only a police force with perhaps a small paramilitary unit equiped with heavier weapons and armoured vehicles.

Same thing with the US-presence on the island. Why so many units from different services? Why the hell should there be Abrams tanks? I think it would be more realistic to have only a small number of Green Berets and/or other military advisors training the Southern Sahranis on the island.

I think it's highly unrealistic that such a small nation as Northern Sahrani has heavy battle tanks, APCs, other AFVs and Mi17 helicopters.

biggrin_o.gif Same thing for the CWC/Resistance campaign.

Well, actually the AH-1Z the only USMC related equipment. The H-6 and H-60 helos, the Stryker vehicle, and the M1A2 tank (? we only see M1A1 tank modell labelled M1A2 so far) are only US ARMY equipment. Not to mention the ACU uniform, because the USMC use their own MARPAT camouflage. So actually we mostly see US ARMY, and not USMC forces in ArmA...

Judging from the screens it has approximately half the size of Grenada. So Sahrani may have around 30.000-45.000 people with a maximum of 8.000 to 13.000 men available for military service. Comparable real-life nations wouldn't even have a military but only a police force with perhaps a small paramilitary unit equiped with heavier weapons and armoured vehicles.

Same thing with the US-presence on the island. Why so many units from different services? Why the hell should there be Abrams tanks? I think it would be more realistic to have only a small number of Green Berets and/or other military advisors training the Southern Sahranis on the island.

The question is good, but be remain in ground: not too magniloquen to expect an game wich can handle a large nation, have several million citizen, and to afford this, are several thousand squre km large in area?

The BIS need to be scaled down, to maintain in playable levels...

I opened a thread a while ago about the US and southern sahari forces and the problems with authenticity of the units seen on the screenshots so far.

Maybe it would be good to continue talking there, rather than in this thread? Just a suggestion.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....l=nyles

Do you think that the surprise is going to be released this night after 12 pm ? Should I sleep ? confused_o.gif

Won't be any suprise for me huh.gifnener.gif

If I knew the suprise, I'd be sworn to secrecy and I also wouldn't want to ruin it for everyone else.

So I can't prove I know the suprise and thus I won't make any claim to know the suprise.

I'm just saying that I won't be suprised.

Just one word. Do you THINK (and not know) it will be big, very big, or very very big ?

Well I think it won't be as big as you hope. I think that you may be disappointed.

I don't even think it will be entirely a suprise.

I think I've said enough wink_o.gif

yay.gif  yay.gif

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

goodnight.gif

ahhh, THIS wait is almost over, at least!

*gets shot*

hmm, wait one hour? Unless they have a timed update, I think it's possible it's a manual update, and therfore during their business hours (whatever zulu time that is). confused_o.gif (c'mon auto-update!wink_o.gif

I doubt it's going up at midnight. I'd bet on noon during there business hours.

calm down biatches !!! :-)

there will be no demo, maybe a publisher or some new pics.

or a wiki page. nothing more !!!

realize that ..........

Looking at this = xmas_o.gif tells me a Christmas release date perhaps?

Quote[/b] ]calm down biatches !!! :-)

there will be no demo, maybe a publisher or some new pics.

or a wiki page. nothing more !!!

realize that ..........

In this case what all that waiting ? why all that annouces ? Why this weekend delay. Why this tree weeks of works ? sad_o.gif