Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

well i just lay back and say time will tell, play some games , going out in the sun , going for a swim in the lake with tha friends, meeting tha ex. gfriend again, watching tv , renting dvd's c'mon people there are tons of stuff to do while ya wait wink_o.gif

Glad somebody doesnt sit at their desk staring at the screen all the time. rofl.gif

Like i said, im new to the forums and i have no time to go through years of forum to get caught up but when i saw some demo i saw something that made me kinda sad,

One thing that really bothered me about OPF was that annoying little menu you operated with the mouse wheel on the bottom right, i was sure they would have devised a better way to turn on helicopters and open crates by now, is that annoying little box gonna be there in AA?

One thing im also concerned about , what if AA falls to the wayside like flashpoint did, it really was a masterpiece but sadly hardly anyone played it, 250 people was about max on Gamespy was all i knew about. honestly im a little worried ill have a hard time finding it when it does get published in the U.S

I hope like hell that little action menu is there,sure it was a bit annoying for those that are impatient or aren't used to it,but I can't imagine OFP without it,alot of people wanted to get rid of it because they whined it was too complex,sorry their minds can't handle it but it opens many doors,on vehicles it decides which seat you can get in,its a huge plus for community members because they can script many actions you can do with a vehicle into it,like opening things and deploying,many things,so I hope like hell they don't get rid of it simply because a few impatient people can't take the time to get familiar with it,same thing with the command system,I didn't find it hard at all,and yet I hear people whining about it alot,saying its not user friendly,it is,but it makes you THINK,oh dear me..you have to get familiar with the menu and learn what does what...oh the crime!

I think dedicated stores may carry it,I had a hard time finding OFP:E in many stores,including the infamous 'wal mart' but I only found it at GameStop,the staff seemed to actuallly be made of gamers too. I don't think AA will have too much problems,everyone goes by graphics and crud so I'm sure that will get more people,and of course the veterans will generally want to get it,I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

what if AA falls to the wayside like flashpoint did

OFP has been out for 5 years now, and the playerbase is still huge.

Also, not everyone uses Gamespy. OFP's multiplayer is very unfriendly in the ways to find games, so you need to find a good server, download the addons needed and stick with it, and you'll have tons of fun and get to know your fellow squadmates much better then Jump In and Play type of games out there. OFP is not popular sure, but after 5 years it's not doing too bad.

OFP has been out for 5 years now, and the playerbase is still huge.

Not huge enough. I don't know a single person around me that has OFP. In fact, it was only by good fortune that I happened to get my hands on the game myself. When I bought it I knew nothing about it and had no idea if it would be any good at all. It was one of the few games that was left on the shelves during a Walmart closing sale.

When Elite came out I never found it in any of the stores I visited. However, I later found a single used copy in a GameStop.

I hope ArmA's publisher has a nice little ad campaign so I can watch the pretty adverts on the TV.

Don't get your hopes up,somebody may be trying to distribute the demo for money,and get themself a nice law suit against em. Though it matches with Q4,I wouldn't get my hopes up too much about this date wink_o.gif until we can get an official solid date.

Is it for sure eJay? In the article it says that this is from "LEM's press release" but there's no information about ArmA at official LEM's site at all. And what is more OFP's publisher in Poland was Cenega. And on IDEA's site there was some information about cooperation between Cenega and IDEA:

Quote[/b] ]

01. 03. 2006

IDEA Games is proud to announce a worldwide publishing agreement between CENEGA PUBLISHING and ALTAR games covering their upcoming sequel to the UFO series under the title UFO: Afterlight. Please visit the publisher’s website for more information.

Source: IDEA

Just my speculations and doubts...

But it would be good news if LEM was to publish ArmA instead of Cenega...

Not related to ArmA  banghead.gif

The FlashNews surprise is not specifically related to Armed Assault

So, not totally related to, but a little anyway ?

Related about Bohemia with a publisher (dreaming) ?

Aaah, I can't wait, you makes me suffering every day BIStaff inlove.gif

i suppose the ArmA release is not this year... i cant believe that BIS could release the game this year if they wont have a publisher yet.

I'm really sick of these old E3 "new" pics and vids u can see every single week a "new" one... OFP is getting smaller and smaller and if the dont hurry up ofp is dead and the community is thantoo small to get ArmA a really success...

sure i will buy the game but im not wondering if i can hold in my hands in 2007.

Is it for sure eJay? In the article it says that this is from "LEM's press release" but there's no information about ArmA at official LEM's site at all. And what is more OFP's publisher in Poland was Cenega.

Yep, definitely. LEM sent this info directly to GRY-ONLINE. LEM will write this on site as soon as possible.

And Cenega is OFP publisher in Poland, but it looks like they resign from distributing ArmA.

Seriously guys, if the waiting is THAT frustrating, go outside and enjoy the nice weather. I know I have (and will) enjoyed it.

Quote[/b] ]Yep, definitely. LEM sent this info directly to GRY-ONLINE.

Yeah nice, thanks for Info EJAY. smile_o.gif

i thought that this is a forum where u can tell ur opinion... sorry for my mistake

Seriously guys, if the waiting is THAT frustrating, go outside and enjoy the nice weather. I know I have (and will) enjoyed it.

Some of us are armchair warriros on duty 24/7 biggrin_o.gif

Thx for info, I don`t have much time to surf and search even though I`m from Poland wink_o.gif

My guess is that they'll release OFP for free so everyone can (legally) DL and play as a PR-stunt for ArmA.

My guess is that they'll release OFP for free so everyone can (legally) DL and play as a PR-stunt for ArmA.

No way, Codemasters wouldn't like that idea.

Some of us are armchair warriros on duty 24/7  biggrin_o.gif

Others among us live in Alabama. help.gif

(Lemme just say enjoying the weather could only mean enjoying the jazz played over the Weather Channel's Local on the 8's)