Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Yes this forum is a place you can tell your opinion,but griping about a release date won't help anything but irritate other members,like said,if your having that much problem,go outside,waiting all the time on the computer isn't going to help anything but mess up your head and make you more impatient,it will be out when its done,as per OFP,its not dead,its actually quite far from dead,things being released weekly or so,no I wouldn't say its dead,most of the community members that make addons are sitting in wait for Armed Assault. If your sick of the stuff then the answer is simple,don't look or pay attention to them.

www.armed-assault.de

sound like they got a publisher from poland whistle.gif

Not quite, the as yet unconfirmed news is that they have a publisher for distribution in Poland. Not a world-wide distribution deal.

Im pretty sure BIS will find publishers in small european countries. But Id like to know when they will get UK and USA publisher. (So I can preorder and be among the first to receive a copy tounge2.gif )

OFP has been out for 5 years now, and the playerbase is still huge.

Not huge enough. I don't know a single person around me that has OFP. In fact, it was only by good fortune that I happened to get my hands on the game myself. When I bought it I knew nothing about it and had no idea if it would be any good at all. It was one of the few games that was left on the shelves during a Walmart closing sale.

When Elite came out I never found it in any of the stores I visited. However, I later found a single used copy in a GameStop.

I hope ArmA's publisher has a nice little ad campaign so I can watch the pretty adverts on the TV.

Read the bold. It's been 5 years. Hardly any game can boast the playerbase OFP has after 5 years.

Half Life wink_o.gif, C&C series, but you're quite correct... its amazing how much life I've squeezed out of this game

With BB speeds now why doesnt Bohemia just register as a publisher and get a paypal/bank deposit account and well put the spendula straight into thier coffers. More money for upper managements next pay rise and game developement.

With the internet you dont need adds or prime space at the shop just a good roll out on the internet game sites and forums.

After the EA/BF2, Nova/JO experience it might be refreshing to pay the money straight to the people who doing so much more than other FPS games.

Hack, chop, thrust and work forward Bohemia.

Read the bold. It's been 5 years. Hardly any game can boast the playerbase OFP has after 5 years.

No, I don't mean they don't play OFP anymore; I mean that many people have never heard of Flashpoint at all. None of my friends had any idea what OFP was. Sad, huh? So I bought Elite for one of them.

Yup, showing WIP ArmA screencaps to random strangers on the streets, just preaching the good news.

No, I don't mean they don't play OFP anymore; I mean that many people have never heard of Flashpoint at all. None of my friends had any idea what OFP was. Sad, huh? So I bought Elite for one of them.

Yup, showing WIP ArmA screencaps to random strangers on the streets, just preaching the good news.

Do I have to say it a third time? It's a 5 year old game. Ofcourse many people won't know of a 5 year old game! Some games yes have retained it's popularity and presence, but OFP just wasn't that big enough game to retain it.

Ok meymoti

1. The games was supposed to be out as OPF 2 in 2004

2. They have been disapointing us quarter by quarter ever since

3 the forum is called Progress updates

of course people are going to gripe, why dont you stop griping about gripers. do you think they are gonna send you a free copy of AA for defending them?

Nope,but if gripers get out of control they just start "breeding" en mass and become larger and larger,I admit I am basicly griping about them and griping isn't helpful in any way but it gets irritating hearing the same thing over from them,so I'm just going to irritate them with the same thing,basicly my kind way of saying "please shut the hell up". The game itself was declared last summer,or went into production anyway,there was alot of confusion because OFP:E and early Armed Assault looked exactly alike. As for the dissapointments,I can't say I understand,then again I'm not looking purely at graphics and so far we are not sure how things work because we have not seen it,and anybody with a brain would know that things won't function how they do in the press demo,such as the physics and all that. So if they keep up their griping,I will keep with mine.

Progress updates yes,asking over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over when its going to be out doesn't quite fit the topic.

Sorry but that has never been the case.

something called OFP2 is a complete different story than ArmA mate. You need to talk to Codemistas about that pistols.gif

Ok meymoti

2. They  have been disapointing us quarter by quarter ever                       since

3  the forum is called Progress updates

of course people are going to gripe, why dont you stop griping about gripers. do you think they are gonna send you a free copy of AA for defending them?

You see, this is why people might get angry at you.

1.) The game started GETTING DEVELOPED at the april of 2005. IT'S SOMETHING TO KEEP US OCCUPIED UNTIL GAME 2 (WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OFP2) This isn't OFP2, never was supposed to be. ArmA = OFP: Elite on crack.

2.) The game has been delayed a few times, yes.

3.) There are a bunch of progress updates.

But you look at most modern games and..well what game hasn't been delayed really?

People moaning about graphics and then they go and happily watch the simpsons. I don't btw. My point is the simpsons are using worse graphics than a 70's disney animation and yet its the most popular cartoon today.

Its the content folks.

Simpsons sucks monkey balls. They should've stopped that show 4 (or more like 8) years ago, now it's just tiring. And the Simpsons is made with modern computer tech, it's all 3d now, it's just made to look 2d. The Simpsons is the Terry Schiavo of cartoons, put it out of it's misery already.

Oh and ArmA ain't OFP2 it is a spontanously created game, it wasn't supposed to be.

LOL !

SURPRISE DELAYYY ! Now we have to wait until the 17 th july... Bis is definitly the studio of the year for the delays ! rofl.gif

A quote from Maciej Turski (LEM):

"We heard of the great OFP succes in Poland, so we decided to contact Bohemia Interactive, and finally we agreed at E3."

I wonder, how many other distributors contacted IDEA games and BIS, and came to an agreement... wink_o.gif

LOL !

SURPRISE DELAYYY ! Now we have to wait until the 17 th july... Bis is definitly the studio of the year for the delays ! rofl.gif

Nah, 3D Realms are... ever since they started to give us Duke Nukem 2017 pics smile_o.gif

damn, I was gonna say the same thing...

3d realms -> stalker -> BIS

jk whistle.gif