Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

When seeing all those E3 articles I felt sad, that ArmA wouldn't turned out how I expected.

But now that i've seen the Mapfact view on the game, I'm happy with it again, ArmA is going to be what I wanted it to be, and I fully trust BIS with this.

How ever, whats with the animation of the gunner in that AH-1W ? (http://www.mapfact.net/Material/News/Mai06/ArmA/ArmA_03.JPG) The pilot's head is sticking out, and so are his legs.

don't worry, wink_o.gif "they will fix it, they fix everything.."

I had begun to lose faith in BIS. Good to see they listen to the community...and one of the few game developers that do smile_o.gif

Yes, and Workshop project is a good example of it. Seems like Codemasters is still sponsoring the event. Hmmm...

When seeing all those E3 articles I felt sad, that ArmA wouldn't turned out how I expected.

But now that i've seen the Mapfact view on the game, I'm happy with it again, ArmA is going to be what I wanted it to be, and I fully trust BIS with this.

How ever, whats with the animation of the gunner in that AH-1W ? (http://www.mapfact.net/Material/News/Mai06/ArmA/ArmA_03.JPG) The pilot's head is sticking out, and so are his legs.

That's a problem with the proxies; the Abrams had the same problem with heads sticking out, where they shouldn't, but they will be fixed.

Basically: BIS already knows all the problems that are seen on the screens and will try to fix them.

That's a problem with the proxies; the Abrams had the same problem with heads sticking out, where they shouldn't, but they will be fixed.

Basically: BIS already knows all the problems that are seen on the screens and will try to fix them.

Yep. Rastavovich explicitly told us that the preview has lots of bugs and that they know most of them...

Very, very good report there. I've been having doubts lately but now it's is all gone.

Quote[/b] ]The AI wasn’t that impressing in the demo, but Rastavovich assured us that this will change for the final product.
Quote[/b] ]Join in Progress is possible for multiplayer games, but there is no need for fears. If anything, this can still be prevented by locking the server.
Quote[/b] ]One important point in the Multiplayer development is that BIS will surely develop both a Linux as a Windows server version. They also invented a new system to prevent cheaters. The server configuration will have the option to determine which addons, given a certain signature, should be loaded into the game. This should prevent ‘cheater addons’ from being activated.
Quote[/b] ]Mission makers will be provided with the so-called “library†– a type of mission giving you the option to look up and test the strength values of weapons and addons right from within the game.

So many improvements and yet there are more.. notworthy.gifofplover.gif*

*(This one should really be added to the emoticons-list. It's really cool, good work on that)

Guest Ti0n3r
*(This one should really be added to the emoticons-list. It's really cool, good work on that)

Agreed smile_o.gif

Btw, damn it's nice to see that 'Linda' and the 'library' made it into ArmA ofptractorlover.jpg

Agreed smile_o.gif

Btw, damn it's nice to see that 'Linda' and the 'library' made it into ArmA ofptractorlover.jpg

That tractor is EVIL mad_o.gif

has anyone seen the 160mb video yet on ofp.info? I'm downloading it, but with a crappy 30 kb/s connection this could take a while...

has anyone seen the 160mb video yet on ofp.info? I'm downloading it, but with a crappy 30 kb/s connection this could take a while...

pic 1, pic 2, pic 3, pic 4, pic 5

This Pics (maybe color) look more real and natural then the rest from the pic's link

PS- <span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>There are 2 New videos</span>

<ul><span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>VIDEO DEMO 1 (160mb)</span> -> this looks crappy and not natural.

<span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'>VIDEO MP DEMO 2 (25.5 MB)</span> -> this looks more natural and realistic!!!

you mean this?

yeah saw those , looked ok, but the mp demo was a bit repetitive when showing off the new "squad command list" tounge2.gif

but i liked the menu's , very simplistic and functional. Kind of like ofp but a bit "flashier". smile_o.gif

I've noticed the new sounds on the tanks and i like them alot! Just when i played one of those videos showing the m1a1 in 3rd person view the commander mg muzle flash was on all the time, even when not firing. I think thats the thingy Bis is trying to fix when it comes to multi gunner feature? Or it could have been my computer not showing the video correctly somehow.. my comps been acting weird lately tounge2.gif

@Ex-RoNiN hahaha whats so evil about the tractor? When i used to do mission making alot i always throw in vehicles that could be used to take cover from or to drive around from A to B. Once in Mp i actually landed a Apache chopper on a enemy soldier causing him to get crushed and die! rofl.gif

Yeah the civilian vehicles are very dangerous, i got myself killed once in Coop by a friend who accidentally was trying to drive the trabant and come and pick me up but he ended up roadkilling me... crazy_o.gif

So far BIS still states that they are looking for Q3 release, but the recent E3 video showed the representative saying 3 months of development. Who's right? Probably Q3 is too early but thats because the developer would push it back, not because of development.

So what is so far the most likely date now? Still Q3? Q3 ends on June 30th, and they said they are 75% done. They started working on the game in April of 2005. If it took one year and one month of development to make 75% of the game, that means that there is still 3 months of development on that matter. But then again, its not an EXACT percentage smile_o.gif . I bet, that the IDEA games representative said 3 months because based off the previous development of 75% in 13 months, that must mean 3 months for 25%. Then again, the last 25% could be the easiest or the hardest or whatever so, BIS still has 1 month and 10 days to finish the game in Q3...

Q2 ends on the 30th june, not Q3.

A releasedate can`t be told until an publisher is found.

According to wikipedia on Fiscal Year

Quote[/b] ]

* 1st Quarter: October 1, 2005 – December 31, 2005

* 2nd Quarter: January 1, 2006 – March 31, 2006

* 3rd Quarter: April 1, 2006 – June 30, 2006

* 4th Quarter: July 1, 2006 – September 30, 2006

but that brings the debate on whether they mean Fiscal or Calendar year.

According to wikipedia on Fiscal Year

Quote[/b] ]

* 1st Quarter: October 1, 2005 – December 31, 2005

* 2nd Quarter: January 1, 2006 – March 31, 2006

* 3rd Quarter: April 1, 2006 – June 30, 2006

* 4th Quarter: July 1, 2006 – September 30, 2006

but that brings the debate on whether they mean Fiscal or Calendar year.

Calender year. July - September.

If they really only have 15 people working on the game i think it will take a while... without knowing the state of mission development and other game contents Arma looks like it could use atleast 6 more months, i really hope it will be has polished has possible and that we (including BIS) wont have to go thru dozens of patches like before wink_o.gif .

Wow... after what I though was an E3 press fiasco, and then this odd way of presenting breaking news via the modding elite of Operation Flashpoint, I realized that I have wasted my time giving input for things that will get fixed anyways.

I think I need to cut down on the amount of comments I make! smile_o.gif  It may be summer, but I have important jobs to do, jobs that need to be done before I can play Armed Assault.

I'm just going to say the BIS is like an abusive, but sexy girlfriend (or boyfriend if you swing that way) in a postponed relationship.  There's so much sexual tension I can't stand it. wow_o.gif

Uh yeah, so I think I'll try to spend less time posting like crazy, it's bad for my psychological health. whistle.gif

EDIT:: Arrg, whatever, I just want to say that I like BIS's continual experimentation with the command system. I'm comfortable with learning new key configs, though I'm sympathetic with the people who liked ~-3-2 and ~-3-1!!!

And no, I've never had a real girlfriend. tounge2.gif

Eeee,back you,or I shall beat thee with thy rubber shoe! o.o; Still,funny way to say what BIS is..funny and sad at the same time,me likes you. *gives Friedchiken a noogie* Yeah leaning will definatly be in,it was in OFP:E,why take it out? Looking is easy,shooting..oh wait..shooting AND hitting the target,thats another thing. Still..AA is just gettin better and better,hope to see the multiple gunner thing in action soon. biggrin_o.gif

Though its kinda sad imho when people compare AA to games like GRAW..to be honest the way things in GRAW look are unrealistic,you take a drive in a field or something like that or a town,I seriously doubt you will see everything ultra shiny and all that nonsense.

The player in the videos from magnumland is bad.... verry bad... no good promotion..

well, something looks good. If I was Publisher and knew only the videos, I would also have no interest. wink_o.gif

Wow... after what I though was an E3 press fiasco, and then this odd way of presenting breaking news via the modding elite of Operation Flashpoint, I realized that I have wasted my time giving input for things that will get fixed anyways.

I think I need to cut down on the amount of comments I make! smile_o.gif It may be summer, but I have important jobs to do, jobs that need to be done before I can play Armed Assault.

I'm just going to say the BIS is like an abusive, but sexy girlfriend (or boyfriend if you swing that way) in a postponed relationship. There's so much sexual tension I can't stand it. wow_o.gif

Uh yeah, so I think I'll try to spend less time posting like crazy, it's bad for my psychological health. whistle.gif

EDIT:: Arrg, whatever, I just want to say that I like BIS's continual experimentation with the command system. I'm comfortable with learning new key configs, though I'm sympathetic with the people who liked ~-3-2 and ~-3-1!!!

And no, I've never had a real girlfriend. tounge2.gif

Have you been drinking again? tounge2.gif

Yeah , he's was shooting his own people, fired shells at infantry and he even tried to kill a corpse tounge2.gif

From what I saw in the vid :

- Some gunsounds could be better.

- No crouching anymore when picking up a weapon?

- It looks like the demo lags when zoomed in.

- I saw a jumping tank that concerns me a bit. (6:33-6:40)

Other than that... Great work!

Especially the animations are awesome!

So, when we can expect the Game 2 press movie? wink_o.gif

good job ppl notworthy.gif

edit:

I love the new MP video rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yeah , he's was shooting his own people, fired shells at infantry and he even tried to kill a corpse

Sounds like the things that I also want to do in the ME to find out what´s new biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I didn`t like in MP Demo the running animations, look at 2:22 min, it looks like this soldier is retarded or something.

I like the new animations but the running animation looks like its a person unused to wear all the equipment..

But overall I´m very satisfied with the result. I never had much worries but this is much better then I hoped for!

What about different animations for different weapons? Is it possible with the new animation-system?

Quote[/b] ]I didn`t like in MP Demo the running animations, look at 2:22 min, it looks like this soldier is retarded or something.

I like the new animations but the running animation looks like its a person unused to wear all the equipment..

But overall I´m very satisfied with the result. I never had much worries but this is much better then I hoped for!

What about different animations for different weapons? Is it possible with the new animation-system?

That running could be a running for cover..

looks like the soldier is limp or hurt (could be an animation for that).. and/but the shadow don't match to the running movements.

ps- it's indeed much better then i hoped for too