Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Quote[/b] ]CameronMcDonald Posted on May 23 2006,22:53

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, that's true... it'd be a let down if you switched out of the AI and they immediately died from stupidity.

Well, they have said that the player can choose to wait in the bushes for the AI to finish the mission, which they usually do. While that's not a quote of what was said, it IS the jist.

smile_o.gif

has anybody seen some screens inside a tank or vehicle??? (i know there is a movie with the cockpit view in chopper)

Not shown yet. As many other features...

From what I'v seen on OFP:E I'm afraid other than driver,you won't be able to see inside tanks sad_o.gif

it is possible to see the tank from the inside when you are commander and when you are in driving in a bmp or truck, you can see the inside aswell, so why would'tn we see it in arma?

From what I'v seen on OFP:E I'm afraid other than driver,you won't be able to see inside tanks sad_o.gif

I believe that was due to optimizing the controls for the X-Box controller. I doubt it will be like this in ArmA, as there's no reason why something already there from OFP should be removed.

True..least I hope not,I loved that you could see the inside of EVERYTHING in OFP,one of its best points..

I believe that was due to optimizing the controls for the X-Box controller. I doubt it will be like this in ArmA, as there's no reason why something already there from OFP should be removed.

You'd be suprised!

Alot of sequals in the past have had huge chunks (often the best parts) removed to save money and time to get it released. Example: H&D2 came shipped without coop (how effing stupid can the devs possibly be?) - also the new Rainbow six turned into an arcade game (removed pre-mission planning).

im pretty sure interiors will be in, so far weve seen the inside of uh-60 and cobra. I would be very very suprised if they werent present for all viehicles. The modders lynch mob that would form outside of bis Hq would be something else biggrin_o.gif

Since your able to turn character swapping off alltogether it's not even worth the chat.

We can all proffer words of wisdom about how it's not realistic to swap over for OBVIOUS reasons, including artificial situational awareness, but youc an either turn it on or off. Frankly i couldn't care!

You'd be suprised!

Alot of sequals in the past have had huge chunks (often the best parts) removed to save money and time to get it released. Example: H&D2 came shipped without coop (how effing stupid can the devs possibly be?) - also the new Rainbow six turned into an arcade game (removed pre-mission planning).

I disagree, we know BIS and I know the game engine quite well, and it's an engine feature that is inherited from OFP, this means that no extra work is required to implement it, and would be more work to remove it (even though, in this case, it would barely be any work). I don't see how its even logically possible for BIS to lose money by using something that came directly out of OFP, if anything that makes money less of a problem, especially since the entire ArmA engine ultimately came from OFP. And most other game developers don't have the same concern about their customers that BIS does, and these companies often think more about attracting new gamers than satisfying the people who already play their games - at least that's what I've seen. You're right about how other games do that, but to me those games never offer enough to replace the ones that came before them - wether or not they do that on purpose (possibly to keep selling the originals) I can't say, but that's usualy what happens. However, I can be sure of one thing, once I buy ArmA I will most likely never see my copy of OFP again.

You'd be suprised!

I disagree, we know BIS and I know the game engine quite well, and it's an engine feature that is inherited from OFP, this means that no extra work is required to implement it, and would be more work to remove it (even though, in this case, it would barely be any work). I don't see how its even logically possible for BIS to lose money by using something that came directly out of OFP, if anything that makes money less of a problem, especially since the entire ArmA engine ultimately came from OFP. And most other game developers don't have the same concern about their customers that BIS does, and these companies often think more about attracting new gamers than satisfying the people who already play their games - at least that's what I've seen. You're right about how other games do that, but to me those games never offer enough to replace the ones that came before them - wether or not they do that on purpose (possibly to keep selling the originals) I can't say, but that's usualy what happens. However, I can be sure of one thing, once I buy ArmA I will most likely never see my copy of OFP again.

I REALLY hope you are right. I hope that these devs are willing to JUST improve the game and leave the features that really made the game what it was.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

As Placebo said, if BIS starts to screw with the game, they'd most likely be lynched. I think it's safe to assume that they know the consequences of betraying us... icon_rolleyes.gif

Well they still have vbs2 under way so that could be their saver tounge2.gif Atleast for the military..

Nah,I doubt they would "betray" us..I bet their moreso doin the thing their usually famous to us for..hiding stuff in secrecy.

As Placebo said, if BIS starts to screw with the game, they'd most likely be lynched. I think it's safe to assume that they know the consequences of betraying us...  icon_rolleyes.gif

It shall be the policy of this Nation to regard any changes launched by Bohemia Interactive against any part of the Original Game, as an attack by Bohemia Interactive on the United States, requiring a full retaliatory response upon the developer

Quote[/b] ]JobJenkins222 Posted on May 26 2006,06:11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It shall be the policy of this Nation to regard any changes launched by Bohemia Interactive against any part of the Original Game, as an attack by Bohemia Interactive on the United States, requiring a full retaliatory response upon the developer.

But only to occupy and install a management that is sympathetic to all the needs of the OFP fanatic.. Thinking about that, I'd guess we're pretty damn 'high-maintenance'. And here's BIS with us on our third 'date' tounge2.gif

Something i don't get it => http://mapfact.net/include....tid=523

Why is Codemasters and BIS side by side?

It sounds like they are both working for ARMED ASSAULT.

can someone clear this confusion?

The workshop was regarding Operation Flashpoint. As you know Codemaster is the publisher of this game and it sponsered this event. Thats why there on the 'banner' of the workshop (i think).

Something i don't get it => http://mapfact.net/include....tid=523

Why is Codemasters and BIS side by side?

It sounds like they are both working for ARMED ASSAULT.

can someone clear this confusion?

The workshop was regarding Operation Flashpoint. As you know Codemaster is the publisher of this game and it sponsered this event. Thats why there on the 'banner' of the workshop (i think).

well it makes sense but why in that link they still say

Quote[/b] ]And... the most important thing: the release is scheduled for the 3rd quarter 2006, if the publisher doesn't change it.

Its sounds like they already have a publisher.

Ps- in some other articles they have edited that document, so community don't know what to think anymore.

edit:

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>compair last words!:</span>

http://mapfact.net/include....tid=523

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?special=articles/arma_mapfact.html

strange no?

No, they don't have a publisher, or at least they didn't have one last weekend. This last sentence just means that BI thinks to be done with ArmA in Q3 2006 but maybe the publisher, as soon as they get one, wants to delay the release to make more PR or whatever. smile_o.gif

Yeah, agreed. Bloody delays... sigh. Still every day AA is worked on, more stuff gets Space-Bagged into it. I'm glad they're taking their time.

if that so, i pray for BIS don't get any publishers smile_o.gif

don't want more fecking delays.. nor the community

if that so, i pray for BIS don't get any publishers smile_o.gif

don't want more fecking delays.. nor the community

That is so, I've been there and I wrote the text you're talking about.

Well, if they don't get a publisher, we'll maybe never see ArmA... tounge2.gif