Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

New screens

The graphics look nice on AA and thats all I need to tide me over until Game 2.

I think BIS releasing a heavily updated OFP to revitalize the OFP online community before the release of Game 2 is a smart move and a move that is beneficial to the fans especially.

love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it

I have a question: How come the BIS units in the pics don't look to be on par with guys like Hyakushiki and Laser, just to name a couple? I'm sure there must be a reason, and I'm just wondering.  huh.gif

I guess because every user made soldier model is still based on the BIS one and not built from scratch, now if you take a good look at these new models and textures, body parts (hands, head, torso, etc) you will notice that they are alot more perfect than anything done previously so i guess your wrong, sry confused_o.gif ... now imagine how good new soldier addons will look based on these pistols.gif .

I cant wait till Arma comes out, its gonna be wild yay.gif .

Grass' lack on screens 5-6 (why? - my small theory)

Possible, that grass will be in forests and on edges only.

Look on screen 3-4, they became made on edges of forests where the grass found.

Possible, that to to relieve processors grass it will will be in areas of forests only.

Quote[/b] ]possible, that grass will be in forests and on edges only.
Quite possibly , based on the jeep pic above.

Or maybe the grass will be limited to the foreground to keep the processsor load down.

Agree with the comments on the BIS units. As long as the base model has improved scope for development then everyone should be happy in the long-run.

suckky animations

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics3/aa_screen002.jpg

Old ugly BIS tanks

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics3/aa_screen004.jpg

Suckky shadows, tires on jeep are sucky bug? Soldier textures looks too suckky!

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics3/aa_screen001.jpg

I hope that this isnt real i expected more from Armed Assault.....

How do you know the animations are "suckky" I mean this is only a screen, a single frame, you rather would need a movie to see how the animations are.

What we already know from OFP (i.e. not ArmA or OFP2):

animations - can be changed; can be improved

models - can be changed; can be improved

textures - can be changed; can be improved

etc, etc....

What is the limiting factor at the moment? - The OFP engine

What is ArmA (OFP1.5)? - an improved engine!

Hence, we have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Case closed your honour!

hey just be glad where getting a new upgraded OFP at all. I mean BIS could of just have not even botherd to make a 'OFP 1.5' and have us wait intill Game 2. Yea sure the animations are the same as the old OFP and the tanks are the same old ones from OFP but just look beyond that and think of all the lovely feautres that will be added to this new OFP. Itll improve game play 10x, what with the ability to walk around on vehicles whiles moving(already in VBS1) and maybe even buildings that you can blow chunks out of (in VBS1 also). So i think thisll be far from 'sucky' just be greatful the BIS guys are putting effort and money into two games for US the fans (and of course to make more money like any normal company) biggrin_o.gif

I wonder wich army this should be? The jeep is a British Landrover.

Nice thing that. wink_o.gif

Dude its Australian Camo'ed. Mighted been made in Britin but Aussie Used wink_o.gif

Another thing. How can you people complain. BIS is making something for us. They can easly say no. We'll quit and realeas game 2 in 2 years.

(img)http://usera.imagecave.com/RainbowPL/new3/2.jpg(/img)

Possible, that to to relieve processors grass it will will be in areas of forests only.

Although if you look at the picture above, in the mid-ground behind the soldiers there appears to be what look like clumps of grass on the plains. I think it would make sense to only make them visable below certain view distances maybe?

The pics where you can see them have all been fairly close-up.

Dude its Australian Camo'ed. Mighted been made in Britin but Aussie Used wink_o.gif

Another thing. How can you people complain. BIS is making something for us. They can easly say no. We'll quit and realeas game 2 in 2 years.

ye i was just away to say that beat me to it hehe it looks similar to the VBS1 ADF pack one smile_o.gif

Most properly just a place holder for some jeep that BIS guys have yet to complete. Inless where going to see the some other Armys from around the world included into ArAs, now that would be original. Instead of the usuall military game formular of: USA vs <insert evil bad guys here> tounge2.gif

Most major countries have already thier own army mods in OFP. And as it comes , user created stuff will be easy to implement in Arma ... yay.gif

It could also be the "car" that the resistance will be using,I mean who knows? Somehow I don't think the US Army would be using anything other than their standard jeeps and humvee's,their too proud of em metinks.

Theres no way it would be the USSR's as they got the UAZ....but remember the resistance had to use the "UAZG's" perhaps theres another team kind of like the resistance but not the same name.....I dunno,guess we'll find out as time progresses......and we all wait for AA and OFP2.........buyin all that food,heaters,blankets and AC's so we can huddle up and not be disturbed when we first play it,then have a heart attack "OMG BF2 graphics with OFP!!!!! ***dies*" and need to be rushed to the hospital,then we get home and start playin then the power goes out due to the bill not bein paid but were broke because of our hospital visit.....man that would suck so bad.

(img)http://usera.imagecave.com/RainbowPL/new3/2.jpg(/img)

Although if you look at the picture above, in the mid-ground behind the soldiers there appears to be what look like clumps of grass on the plains. I think it would make sense to only make them visable below certain view distances maybe?

The pics where you can see them have all been fairly close-up.

I think so, too

Placebo told me that everything is still wip (Work In Progress)

he said animations and models are still being improved so I am sure whem ArAs is released we will see a great game wink_o.gif

I dont find the images "sukky"(WTF!? HOW??) but anyway, Armed Assault will own <-- ! every other game in the business, sim or arcade alike.

yep just like the xbox water im so glad to see inlove.gif

By the look of the swell lines coming in, I'm gonna be too busy ripping the surf up to shoot anything!

*Lightbulb* I've Got It!.. 'Operation Endless Summer' (lost on most I'm sure tounge2.gif )

The shadow's on the tree trunks were pretty impressive also wow_o.gif

'Operation Endless Summer' good one! tounge2.gif but sounds a litlle bit dreamy! biggrin_o.gif

Placebo told me that everything is still wip (Work In Progress)

he said animations and models are still being improved so I am sure whem ArAs is released we will see a great game wink_o.gif

I really hope so......