Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

New screens

hum.. dunno what to think.. crazy_o.gif

\edit: some more good pics could be added :P, also believe lots people will wait till ofp2*

The grass seems to be still bugged also the shadows shine thru it but ofcourse they have still a have few months to fix the grahpic problems.

As for the rest it looks quite awesome =)

I don't think this the final version, it's about half a year until it comes. It think they are trying to fix those bugs right now or have already done it. smile_o.gif

WOW I am amazed.

huh.gif so many negativ comments.

FOR ME ArmA is OFP with a better and redesigned engine. that is all.

but it is WORTH it in my eyes.

think of OPF like it is... but it looks better... and the most important point yay.gif IT WILL RUN BETTER ON NEW COMPUTERS yay.gif than OPF does, I hope.

and the thing about bad animation and old m16 models. ... I don't mind. if ArmA is accepted in the community there will be lots of MODs in a short time. if the support is right ! Think of total conversions like Y2K3 or FFUR ... but running fine on your system with all those nice effects. and I think there will be alot of effects in ArmA we hadn't in OFP (see OFP XBOX movies: Chopper dust e.g.)

even if it is just an OFP UPDATE . I will buy it just to play OFP (ArmA) in a new shape !

I wonder how many people forget how easy it is to mod ofp1... and probably how it won't change much to mod for the next game. Don't you guys realize we can just change what we don't like? I mean come on...

There is an old m16 model there, boo hoo. Lets fire up one of our current m16 models we got (we have many) and replace it. You all know as well as I do it ain't too damn hard to do these kind of things.

And besides, the game is still many months away from release and this is BiS we are talking about for crying out loud! They don't leave us hangin'

So many people are quick on the bashing... If you wan't the game to be so perfect, then just mod it when it comes out! (or just go play a dumbed-down game like BF2. Sure you won't find anything innovative, but hell, at least you got pretty graphics icon_rolleyes.gif )

- Cat

EDIT: Spelling errors...

i just want to know the fire weapon engine!

That will decide ArmA future.

if it is like in CS, i won't play it.

The grass doesn't look that good. The shadows look cool! Could we have some shots of water next time? smile_o.gif

Awsome, i dont know what your all crying about, the textures, terrain and vegetation look incredible to me yay.gif .

Even the M16 looks new, unfortunetly its the only rifle that they seem to have replaced so far but maybe they will replace all the others too.

The models do look a bit strange from what we can tell, the legs look strange and the shoulders a bit small but overall im pleased with what im seeing here lately, very nice notworthy.gif .

WOW I am amazed.

huh.gif so many negativ comments.

FOR ME ArmA is OFP with a better and redesigned engine. that is all.

but it is WORTH it in my eyes.

I guess ppl are expecting too much. This is a remake with updated graphics and make use of newer hardware. If you want truely new flashy stuff you should be looking for "game2".

I like those new soldier models and that ground vegetation is nice. An update to animations, however, is desireable.

The terrain looks amazing, better than any other current game out there - the rolling hills took my breath away. Imagine ripping that up in your T-80... yes you heard right! nener.gif

I wonder what it's gonna have to test the best helo addon (imo) out there: UK ARMY Lynx... of course wink_o.gif Oh the full scale battles I forsee! *Is waxing lyrical now* goodnight.gif

The grass doesn't look that good. The shadows look cool! Could we have some shots of water next time? smile_o.gif

theres no need just download and watch the xbox: video thats just been released and look at the awesome water in it cos arma will have this water too wink_o.gif

Good screens biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

http://www.bistudio.com/pics/games/aa_screen3.jpg

http://www.bistudio.com/pics/games/aa_screen4.jpg

Horrible screens:  sad_o.gif

http://www.bistudio.com/pics/games/aa_screen5.jpg

http://www.bistudio.com/pics/games/aa_screen6.jpg  

If ARMA will look how on screens5-6 this the not best

terrain TEXTURES how with games from before 5 years sad_o.gif

On screens5-6 nowhere mute grass confused_o.gif

Dynamic shadow and units look very good, but texture of terrain has ugly.

I find the 2 last pics quite nice...in one you see how nicely the sun comes in through the window and shines on the floor...on the second you see, what's IMO, very nice terrain...I don't give a shit about how the game looks really...I just want improved engine biggrin_o.gif

yeah they still use the shitty m16 model ewww. hopefully theyll take the time to make new guns.

Well the never said anything about new gun models. ArmA is mostly about a revised engine. Its still the OFP... just the old game with a new engine, and a new island. Either way... id rather they spend their modeling time on the new game which has no name.

But looks like still no bump mapping huh.gif

Only the possibility of BM would be great for modders, I do not think this will attrack many people from other coms/new players confused_o.gif

Pics 3-4 look to be like staged screenshots, the type that you see in the OFP photography thread, but 5-6 look like the true type of gameplay you'll be seeing in 80% of the game, which is fine by me because with the higher viewdistances and improved upon shadows, it will be awesome yay.gif

I'm happy to see some new lightning effects, lets hope they also refined light sources such as street lamps etc. on the new island.

And did I mention that we need a working search light? tounge2.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

damn this looks great! Love the looks of the new island, and also shadows , terrean and indoors looks good to smile_o.gif

can't wait to explore the new island and the improved engine biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]k@voven Posted: July 20 2005,00:30

But looks like still no bump mapping huh.gif

But it looks like normalmapping smile_o.gif .

I have a question: How come the BIS units in the pics don't look to be on par with guys like Hyakushiki and Laser, just to name a couple? I'm sure there must be a reason, and I'm just wondering.  huh.gif

I'm sure BIS is reusing a lot of Art resources from the original game. Remember this is a remake with an upgraded engine. Getting all new art assets takes alot of time and alot of money, and I"m sure they are using that time, money, resources on getting art assets for "the game formerly known as OFP 2".

Overall I'm very happy. And remember OFP has a great moding community, so I doubt it will be long at all till the community has new toys and replacement packs for us.