Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

New screens

suckky animations

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics3/aa_screen002.jpg

Old ugly BIS tanks

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics3/aa_screen004.jpg

Suckky shadows, tires on jeep are sucky bug? Soldier textures looks too suckky!

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics3/aa_screen001.jpg

I hope that this isnt real i expected more from Armed Assault.....

You may be expecting too much confused_o.gif , or forgeting that the game is still very large scale so pushing details too much would make it unplayable even on the most powerfull systems.

1- We cant tell how good the animations are without seeing them in motion.

2- From that screen we cant really see how detailed those tanks are though the textures do seem to look better.

3- The shadows wont problably be up to splinter cell standards and im not shocked here, if we have dynamic lighting afecting the environment and 50 or 60+ units there must be a compromise to make it playable with current HW, the textures dont look sucky at all here and i like the lighting reflecting on the models.

So far all i'm seeing is far from "sucky" even being early WIP, considering this game will be a improved Flashpoint with extra content and not a sequel i am very impressed with what im seeing here, if all that matters to you is the best possible graphics and eye candy you are looking at the wrong game, i guess thats the type of posting that demotivates developers from showing us pics and footage of early development of their work thereby i consider that post of yours to be "succky" in every possible way, no ofence meant though smile_o.gif .

I've repeatedly read in this thread "if you're not satisfied with the originals, mod it" (or get and install a mod, in the case of normal players)

One thing that bugged me in "ofp1" was the fact that there was no way to use a mod in an old mission without actually editing the mission, which could be a cumbersome process.

A well known example were the RAH-66 Comanche, released by DKM - where Avonlady made and published a "changed" version of the original ofp missions, from both single missions and campaign. Normally, that is for most mods, this is something that would have to be done by the user. Usually a quite cumbersome job. In the case of missions you hadn't played before, it would also provide spoilers to last a hundred players a whole session.

An option to easily "remap" names from standard bis (which then all missions could use) to a mods' stuff (provided by the mod itself, or written by the user) when parsing a mission would solve this rather nicely*, but I doubt we'll see such a thing in ara..

*as long as you're doing simple replacement, as is spoken about here. Adding UA artillery to a mission/campaign is not an example of this.

"So many great addons, and so few missions to play them in."

- Avonlady

So, until such a solution is actually in place, (which extends to when we're informed of it, for obvious reasons) shut the flapper about "just get a mod". In other words, you can't dismiss the questions/statements about the quality of the artistic work from BIS by pointing to mods.

(I'll keep from delving into how I would implement such a thing - You could probably say I'm straying far enough from the topic already.)

waw - very nice job - textures and objects are good, but I am very curious for HW tounge2.gif

many hills and detailed textures and vegetation - very lovely island - Sara inlove.gif

well done BIS soldiers

is it just me or does BIS release tonnes of prieview vids for VBS1 for upcoming modules so why the hell arent they showing us any armed assault ofp2 vids? confused_o.gif

is it just me or does BIS release tonnes of prieview vids for VBS1 for upcoming modules so why the hell arent they showing us any armed assault ofp2 vids? confused_o.gif

because VBS is a finish simulation and armed assault is still alpha or beta ?

not the upgrades mate as far as we know for them there still being worked on or are in testing, it might be that vbs-1 is BIA and AA is BIS confused_o.gif

not the upgrades mate as far as we know for them there still being worked on or are in testing, it might be that vbs-1 is BIA and AA is BIS confused_o.gif

ah forgot about that hehe

suckky animations

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics3/aa_screen002.jpg

Old ugly BIS tanks

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics3/aa_screen004.jpg

Suckky shadows, tires on jeep are sucky bug? Soldier textures looks too suckky!

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics3/aa_screen001.jpg

I hope that this isnt real i expected more from Armed Assault.....

You may be expecting too much confused_o.gif , or forgeting that the game is still very large scale so pushing details too much would make it unplayable even on the most powerfull systems.

1- We cant tell how good the animations are without seeing them in motion.

2- From that screen we cant really see how detailed those tanks are though the textures do seem to look better.

3- The shadows wont problably be up to splinter cell standards and im not shocked here, if we have dynamic lighting afecting the environment and 50 or 60+ units there must be a compromise to make it playable with current HW, the textures dont look sucky at all here and i like the lighting reflecting on the models.

So far all i'm seeing is far from "sucky" even being early WIP, considering this game will be a improved Flashpoint with extra content and not a sequel i am very impressed with what im seeing here, if all that matters to you is the best possible graphics and eye candy you are looking at the wrong game, i guess thats the type of posting that demotivates developers from showing us pics and footage of early development of their work thereby i consider that post of yours to be "succky" in every possible way, no ofence meant though smile_o.gif .

1. I have seein that animation in video version.

2.Those tanks are old OFP1 BIS tanks and alsou those buildings.

3. Lightning is unrealistic i havent seen anybody shining like a silver on sun.

4. Your comment doesnt change my opinion about shadows.

I wonder how many people forget how easy it is to mod ofp1... and probably how it won't change much to mod for the next game. Don't you guys realize we can just change what we don't like? I mean come on...

Actually that argument can be used for every game. Does Boiling Point have ugly models in places? Hey, just buy it and we, the devs, will release an SDK so you can mod every model in the game. We'll make it real easy to use too! Oh so it is buggy too? No problem, here is the source code, good luck!

That's a ludicrous idea.

I'd rather not have a whole slew of addons added that newbies have to install and learn to manage before they can start playing a decent-looking OFP. That's what I call a flawed, unfinished game. BIS started the AAE initiative, well-intended but a failure, because they realized that installing and managing addons is too much of a fuss in OFP.

I think you're forgetting that 90% of missions and campaigns for OFP1 are without addons, even today the units made in 99-2000 are used simply because they're easy and don't require anything other than a vanilla OFP (especially outside the BI forums where people don't know about every new addon).

I trust that BIS will deliver a well-rounded product, these are just WIP screens after all. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]1. I have seein that animation in video version.

Which video ? There is only an OFP X-Box video as far as I know.

Quote[/b] ]3. Lightning is unrealistic i havent seen anybody shining like a silver on sun.

I do think that the lighting does indeed look realistic. Just check the casted shadows on objects.

Quote[/b] ]2.Those tanks are old OFP1 BIS tanks and alsou those buildings.

We haven´t seen much already, have we ? huh.gif

To turn down a product only because of some WIP screens is not very accurate and a lot of tumbling in the dark.

I´m sure BIS will give us a product they can be proud of and we will love it.

Just wait a bit until some real preview material is shown and then fix your opinion.

Quote[/b] ]3. Lightning is unrealistic i havent seen anybody shining like a silver on sun.

I do think that the lighting does indeed look realistic. Just check the casted shadows on objects.

We haven´t seen much already, have we ?  huh.gif

To turn down a product only because of some WIP screens is not very accurate and a lot of tumbling in the dark.

Just wait a bit until some real preview material is shown and then fix your opinion.

I hope so but i dont want to buy game if its only a effect update... Thats what iam talking about. I think that maybe bis dont have much money or they are loosing popular. Thats why they are giving us old ofp with only one new island, jeep from VBS (non american), and all old OFP island with new trees and textures. Thats what iam afraid of. WE WILL GET OLD OFP WITH NEW MODELS AND EFFECTS THATS IT!!!

nx_illusion.

1. As you are entitled you have made your point, more than once, no need to flog a dead horse.

2. In a free and democratic society you are not forced to purchase any product, if your wish is to not purchase something that is your right.

edit:

No point to continue this discussion, the game wont please 100% of the comunity, sry smile_o.gif .

i really dont know why they would include the old m1a1 tank if they already have kickass looking ones in vbs wtf?!

I think what ArmA is being made for is to show some promise of a future title ( Game 2 ), and to get old Ofp players excited about the game again and get intrest sparked up in a game that is in its last days.

Im not saying Ofp is dead - because we all know that it is far from it, but it is getting smaller, and ArmA, should renew intrest to players that are on the edge of staying or going.

I for one applaud this effort cuz they did not have to do it at all. They could have just kept us waiting for another year or so, begging for pics, and info on the new game, while we sat and twittled our thumbs at our computer desk. Atleast they are keeping us busy untill the new release.

As for the new screens, I think they all look very nice.

yes, this is very possible.

Models from VBS1/ArmA are in Game2's screens.

screenshot one - vehicle on right side is from VBS1;

screenshot two - LAND ROVER DEFENDER - is in ArmA, Game2 and indeed VBS1 too.

voucher is here:

one,two

very easy, but we needn't envy VBS players, because is very expensive software confused_o.gif

tounge2.gif

So alone if speech about animations. On following pictures to be visible, that BIS made new animations. wink_o.gif

In front of what BIS made since OFP 1.0 to OFP 1.96 , i don't really understand this lack of trust in BIS capacities to make a great simulation and enjoyable game.

We haven´t seen much already, have we ? huh.gif

I hope so but i dont want to buy game if its only a effect update... Thats what iam talking about. I think that maybe bis dont have much money or they are loosing popular. Thats why they are giving us old ofp with only one new island, jeep from VBS (non american), and all old OFP island with new trees and textures. Thats what iam afraid of. WE WILL GET OLD OFP WITH NEW MODELS AND EFFECTS THATS IT!!!

Exactly!

OFP with same but improved engine, and some new stuff (islands, campaign). Remember Resistance? A bit of the like, but with some improvement in graphic engine, damage engine, and some of the old limitation removed (ability to fire from vehicle on the move, for example, if I'm not mistaken).

And improved multiplayer (namely, JiP, a very very very important point as lack of JiP was prolly #1 drawback of OFP multiplayer after the socket version fixed most of the old issues).

If you expect more, then you expect "Next generation PC game". Which is not due this year

maybe more screenes from game convention! tounge2.gif will be BIS there? its not e3 but maybe..........?

We haven´t seen much already, have we ?  huh.gif

Its OFP with a new engine... thats worth it right there if they remove old limitations, and make it run better on faster PC's. But they are also giveing a new island... and oviouslly more vehicles then that jeep. What ever gave you the idea we are only getting Jeep? There are other vehicles seen in the screens as well... such as the helicopters (Littlebirds).

ArmA is probly going to cost as much as Resistence.... and all resistence gave us was a new island and campaign. This is going to give us that.... plus a new engine, and many other visible, and system improvement. What the hell else do you want from this?

maybe more screenes from game convention! tounge2.gif  will be BIS there? its not e3 but maybe..........?

We spoke already about this, i do not see BIS on exhibitor list, check this out.

Link to list