Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

@masternet: Thunderbird introduced other tracers now, hopefully those bugs will vanish now smile_o.gif

Ok Here is my list of bugs:

-I can't see the tanks (T80 in this case) throuht GLASS windows.(Try the Montignac Pub) They are invisible.

-bodys explosions are great but a little bit overdone and can you match the color of the blood with Ofpec_blood?

Great Mod Thanks !!

Quote[/b] ]I can't see the tanks (T80 in this case) throuht GLASS windows.(Try the Montignac Pub) They are invisible

I always thought that everything was invisble through the windows of that pub.(also on the second floor) But when you are standing the behind that window, the enemy will see you.

p><p>I don

I have installed patch 4.5 but I have the same errors with tracers in some missions multiplayer like DM-RUINS.

Without the mod works fine.

I've reinstalled FlashFx 3.5 + patch 4.5.    

Thanks. http://forums.bistudio.com/oldsmileys/rock.gif' alt='rock.gif'>

Ok, if the same problem happens on both Y2K3 and FFUR, it must be a tracer config thunderbird84 used from Y2K3 (I think)... better wait till TB sees this.

first off quoting images usualy results in the death of the offender wink_o.gif

secondly yes ive had people complain about the "tennis ball" for me to but what yall dont understand is.. thats how the tracers work. they leave the gun at the same time the bullet does and follows the bullet the entire path.

unlike wolfbanes tracers (which i used on the tanks) that spawns a good 80m away from the player and follows the bullet so far before falling away.

that is the way bn_880 scripted those tracer rounds is to spawn at the end of the gun.

but what gets me is ive only had 2 people complain but in this topic i see even more people complaining about it.. and what i dont get it.. you see it for exactly 0.02 of a second. and yall overreact like the thing hovers there for a day and a half.

its bam gone. bam gone. its not that big of a deal. if you want tracer rounds then your gonna have to deal with the "tennis ball" 2 one thousands of a second effect. look at it this way. its a reminder that the tracer rounds actualy work smile_o.gif

These mods are really starting to significantly improve the OFP experience. A couple of observations:

1. Sometimes now after a friendly is killed and you approach them, they will repeat their death animation a few times.

2. I am getting a really long list of commands popping up as options (I think for hand signals) that bury all the regular commands way down the list.

3. My US nades still explode on impact.

Otherwise things look good and I look forward to the final update.

Was there ever a sound pack made that gave Russian accents for East orders?

The tracers are FINE. The tennisball thing is never noticable unless you are specifically looking at it.

The US nades will ONLY explode if you have the powerful cpu config or similar config set. It will not work on a lower setting.

I agree with the handsignals swamping the other commands

the grenade bouncing only work with the config with body explosions smile_o.gif

Tanks through glass window is an ofp engine limitation I believe.

You can see all Bis vanilla units throuht glass windows.

With FlashFx I can see the two BMPs, but not the t72, shilka,t80, uaz (units tested)

I'm also experiencing the repeated death animations described by triumph above.

Thanks.

Ok I know now that the repeated death animation as to do with the new version of ofpec_blood.pbo cause I replaced this file with an older modified by me (blood still permanent but less cpu intensive) and the problem is gone.

I was wondering if I replaced the Marine Assault pack addons in this mod with those of Version 1 (not sure of what version is included in the mod no readme wink_o.gif )  would that be ok or will it cause any errors.  I only ask this becuase I found many MP missions that do not load correctly or load at all with the version included the pack.

FFUReastpara.jpg

FFURResistanceSquads.jpg

ffurpolice1zd.jpg

btw. thx to FDF for permission on the handcuffs (no fear, you'll get credits in the readme too smile_o.gif ) and to andylee for help on scripts

Awsome! biggrin_o.gif

Again i dont know if anybody saw my post, so I ask again my noob question.

Does the Army Spec Ops in the 80´s use the MP5 SD in Operations?

I did some search on the web but I got nothing conclusive.

I believe that the army never officially contracted the HK MP5, although special forces had some freedom in choosing their weaps and sometimes opted for that submachine gun. Now I think they mostly use the M4.

@ Matra: why not do a google search and then tell us, i am sure you could find something about this there. and if so we'll take this change into consideration smile_o.gif

ok, thunderbird told me that he was really busy last night and achieved to finish quite a few modifications and fixed (hopefully) everything

atm we are thinking about including a more military language into the game, so if you guys think that some expressions or phrases should be change to more military ones, please post here smile_o.gif

I believe that the army never officially contracted the HK MP5, although special forces had some freedom in choosing their weaps and sometimes opted for that submachine gun. Now I think they mostly use the M4.

Ype thats what I found too.

Though, they sometimes used the MP5 in urban ops mostly in operations with hostages etc, , and for combat outdoors and close quarters in the 80´s I thing the main weapon was the Colt Model 733 Commando,witch is an CAR-15 (XM177E2) improved.

The M4 was on service on 1989.

Colt Commando

A2F12_1.jpg

Is it possible to reduce the time it takes to issue orders? E.g. speed up the time it takes for an officer to say an order and for each of the units to respond?.

@wilson: BIS has done its best on that alreadym we are not going to change that atm

@Matra: seems we'll introduce the MP5 anyway, as Thunderbird talked to someone who knows that pretty sure wink_o.gif

@Extraction: unfortunatly not possible

screens:

FFURM1A1Sight.jpg

FFURtracersUS.jpg

FFURLightinCities.jpg

Not possible what you mean by that not worth to make rock.gif

The Police units have the handcuff option right so why not is it not possible to make the Spetnaz and US SF units compatible with that too would be cool wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]seems we'll introduce the MP5 anyway, as Thunderbird talked to someone who knows that pretty sure

Ok biggrin_o.gif , i like the MP5!

I only raise that question cause I think that in some missions they didnt use the HK ;), like BIS Clean Sweep I, II that are a full assault.

But in missions like Lone Wolf etc they do.

So MP5 its ok.

BTW, great shots tounge_o.gif

@Extraction: it depends on what you think is important for them.

if we would give them the handcuffs, we'd have to remove binocs or NVGs, so we decided not to change something

The things you do is great, all the cool things to improve the gamepaly and realism. But one thing bugs me (maybe i mentioned it earlier, i can't remember) and it is those soft brown clouds that float gently in the air when the bullet hits the ground. You see them all the time 'couse you shoot all the time, and everybody seemes to like them. I think they suck, and if you can make realistic splashes and blood and tracers and all the other things you could change them to something realistic. Can that be done? wink_o.gif