Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

Has anyone mentioned the blood effect where it goes like 40 feet in the air?

I knew I blew the guy apart but that's quite high. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yep, once I blown a truck full of GI´s, it look like 4th of Jully unclesam.gif , fireworks of blood everywere, higher than my AH-64.

Is there anyway I can use desert cammo units and tanks in FFUR 4.3? I think in the previous version I could use all the HYK guys and stuff but now I can only use the woodland camo units.

Sometimes when people explode the blood remains to pour into the air about 6ft - like a fountain and doesn't stop.

Please note the sound glitch when fireing smoke shells in the M1A1 Abrams (maybe other tanks too)

CAN ANYONE SEE THIS POST?rock.gif

you guys don't want to see a real movie about the blood fountain i guess, Thunderbird tried to keep it as realistic as possible.

and if you're lucky you can get the patch tonight

smile_o.gif

Yeah I can see your post, but I don't have an answer for you wink_o.gif

I am currently working on the installer for the final pack. I am scripting in new stuff that will allow you to choose your configuration (high, medium, low) during the install instead of having to add it manually afterwards. I am also going to add in an automatic download integrity checker to make sure the file you downloaded isn't corrupt. This will guarentee that the problem is with your computer and not the pack when it comes to addons and configs.

EDIT: Tom, I think TB is making a few last minute changes to the pack so maybe not, but if luck holds then yeah, we should see it tonight hopefully.

Fantastic! Damn you guys are friggin smart!

Btw, any chance of steerable parachutes for all units? (sorry i have no idea how difficult that could be  smile_o.gif )

& the blood fountains only happen when satchel  charges go off in a very large croud (or a nuke heheheh)

Also, i find that when i install the game I never get the start menu icon, which means i have to manually find the exe - is this supposed to happen?

"you guys don't want to see a real movie about the blood fountain i guess, Thunderbird tried to keep it as realistic as possible."

Naa, thats ok thanks!! biggrin_o.gif

Hi,

I have a scripting related question :

When I deletevehicle units in the mod, the units are deleted but the weapons are lying on the ground without ammo.

Is there something I can do about that?

This has probably been asked before, but I don't want to go through 50 pages trying to find the anwser:

Can I install this mod for my OFP, even though I already have Y2K3? Also, what is the difference between Y2K3 and FlashFX? And are the AI changes in FlashFX significant?

I don't think I'll be using the default M16s in FlashFX if they use JAM's M16 sound...I hate having to fire the M16s using JAM, the sound is terrible. It's so annoying, I don't even want to fire my rifle...I love HYK's M16 sounds, though.

Quote[/b] ]Can I install this mod for my OFP, even though I already have Y2K3?

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]Also, what is the difference between Y2K3 and FlashFX?

The main diference is, Y2K3 use addons representing Year 2003 and Flash FX years 1985.

Quote[/b] ]And are the AI changes in FlashFX significant?

I think that depends of what u mean by significant, in my opinion they bring more realism to the game experience.

Quote[/b] ]I don't think I'll be using the default M16s in FlashFX if they use JAM's M16 sound...I hate having to fire the M16s using JAM, the sound is terrible. It's so annoying, I don't even want to fire my rifle...I love HYK's M16 sounds, though.

hum rock.gif , dont have a clue.

Quote[/b] ]And are the AI changes in FlashFX significant?

I think that depends of what u mean by significant, in my opinion they bring more realism to the game experience.

I mean, are they obvious? Or are they just subtle, little things?

Can I install this mod for my OFP, even though I already have Y2K3? Also, what is the difference between Y2K3 and FlashFX? And are the AI changes in FlashFX significant?

you can install it, you have to run ofp with 2 differnt shortcuts thou.

and the biggest differnce is Y2K3 is "modernizing" OFP as FFUR replaces the units with those from the same, 1985 era.

thunderbird84 keeps the 1985 theme and i did a more modern theme.

FlashFX Units Replacement Pack Patch 4.5 released:

<span style='font-size:7.5pt;line-height:100%'>

Quote[/b] ]Hi all

Here's the patch 4.5, which fixes, updates and innovates few things.

Here's the list of changes :

-All BIS War Quotations (42 sentences) which appear at the death of soldiers have been replaced by quotations more suitable for the cold war crisis.

-US grenades (smoke/frag) have new realistic textures based on real photos.

-Animations replaced by the best ones ever done, Added lean and rolling animations in 3 positions (up, crouch and prone).

To use it in game you've to press "the sprint key + left or right".

-Bugs fixed

-Editable configs introduced

-This patch regroups all patches, so you won't need any patch except this new one and the full pack 3.5.

-Soviet Helecopter pilots replaced by new models

-You've the choice between several configs.

I'm currently trying to come with a script which will allow to the AI the use of lean animations in game. Tony Ranger is also working on it.

The incoming full pack 5.0 will be the last huge release of the FFUR mod and will allow you to choose between several configs during the installation.

Big thanks to

-Locke@germany for the new animations

-Sanctuary for his great work on animations

-Tony ranger who's helping me on the AI script.

Special thanks to the FFUR team, which incidentally has also taken on a new member who is an ex-British Army soldier.

-Tomislav "The Main Adviser"

-Reven "The Manager"

-Dan "Adviser and beta tester"

And also to all people who support us and follow us. smile_o.gif

Enjoy it

Thunderbird84 - Leader and mod maker of the FFUR project.

Europe rides again... wink_o.gif

</span>

Screenshots:

Download:

Patch 4.5

FFUR 3.5 (Required)

You will only need Pack 3.5 and this patch to get completely updated. It is retrocative for all the other patches.

Great, I wonder how you can make a script that detect corners...anyway great job, dl now.

Bouncing grenades are gone?

They explode by impact.

only the russian ones should explode by impact because of their shape, american ones are more round so they can roll, russian ones have pear shape and so Tb decided to give them not that possibilty to roll, but if you wish we could let them bounce a bit smile_o.gif

No, really it doesn't matter how far I throw them.

Anyway, I gonna check my installation...

***edit***

Reinstalled the mod from scratch, fullpack 3.5 + this patch and still no bouncing nades I tried the low CPU config and the Powerfull one without exploding bodies.

Am I the only one?

<span style='font-size:7.5pt;line-height:100%'>

Quote[/b] ]

I'm currently trying to come with a script which will allow to the AI the use of lean animations in game.

</span>

If you can pull this off and not have a bunch of massive bugs that screw up the missions, I will salute you!