Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

Cheekie monkey (CM) released his engagement pack long time ago. In this pack he changed field of view, so you had much wider view, but not distorted. You might check it out, it looks really good! wink_o.gif

I think you can`t copy the islands directly from the cd. i think you have too reinstall ofp. but you could install it into a other folder or PC and copy the original islands then. I think it should be able too choose if you want to have the High Res Islands or not. I want to play OFP in MP and SP, so i would prefer to have the old islands but now its too late. crazy_o.gif

I think you can`t copy the islands directly from the cd. i think you have too reinstall ofp. but you could install it into a other folder or PC and copy the original islands then.

OK, if I install OFP to my laptop or another partition on the hard drive, then I can copy the islands from there. No problem. But...

What do I need to copy? Only the wrp files found in the worlds folder? Or do I also need to copy other files?!? I believe there are some texture files in other folders as well. Are they connected with the islands?!?

Please help me out with this one. I'm a rather skilled scripter and mission designer. But I dont' know anything about islands and how they work.

Well I looked in my Flashpoint folder and found that there might be some replaced data in the DTA Folder and world folder. But iam not sure if they are replaced. I think that you could reinstall FFUR in a other folder and look which files were copied in the original operation flashpoint folder. Or you could ask Thunderbird, he will know which files were replaced.

You won't have to change anything in the installer - just launch it and everything will be installed perfectly.

Thunderbird84 may change the GUI in the incoming release. He will also fix all the bugs and will add a lot of new enhancements. The new pack will be released very soon.

The objects in the new islands have been well placed in the goal to keep the missions and campaings as they were before, but if you want to use the old islands done by BIS (so you won't have to reinstall the ofp again), just put your CDs and find (in the second CD if you've the GOTY version) "DTA". Open it and extract the following files: "abel,cain,eden" to the "DTA" folder in your Flashpoint directory.

The objects in the new islands have been well placed in the goal to keep the missions and campaings as they were before

Ok, thanks a lot for helping me solve this problem. I really apreciate it. About the placement of objects in the upgraded islands I don't agree that they are well made however...

Several houses are replaced. Open houses are exchanged for closed ones and vice versa. They also come in different sizes, making streets narrower and creating huge amounts of problems for mission makers, since the FFUR-pack replaces the original files.

Also the uninstaller doesn't seem to work properly. Some of the scripted effects (like burnscripts for destroyed vehicles) runs even if FFUR is removed from the computer. This causes huge amount of lag on larger maps, making, for example, the Tonali islands virtualy unplayable.

I appreciate the effort to produce this replacement mod (because I really enjoy total conversions) but I think it needs a lot of more work before it can be considered "safe" to install. Until then it should be given a warning label for inexperienced users, who doesn't feel comfortable with installing/uninstalling the entire game over and over again.

Maybe a little notice about this problem should be included at the top of this post until it is fixed?

ok guys, lil announcement, the patch 4.2 is ready and should be eleased very soon.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">*Enhancements and changes*

-Now Leaders and specops of the US army are able to give orders just using handsignals.

-Mi-24 Replaced by Vit one.

-Smoke wall effect improved , now the AI can't see you behind the smoke only if you launch

the smoke grenades and you change quickly and immediately your position, the smoke effect

can only used by the gunner of the heavy tanks.

-New flak effect for the Shilka and the Vulcan.

-New splash effect appears when soldiers run in the water.

-Added smoke sequence to the RPG-7

-Added smoke effect to the machine-guns of heavy tanks.

-The sequence of wound has been improved a lot.

-Now weapons won't stay near the dead soldiers , if a soldier has been killed when he was runing

the weapon'll fall from him

-If a soldier's been killed in the water , his blood'll float on the water.

-Following the request of a lot of people , thunderbird84 replaced the M16 and the M16M203 by InQ stuff

-GUI(s) Improved : the Police of the letters has been changed in the goal to enhance the style of the GUI

and the names of the vehicles,planes...etc have been replaced by complete ones.

-All Bugs have fixed

-and some other enhancements too

HOLY CRAP! That sound freaking great!!!! Great work, release it now! I DESERVE IT!!  biggrin_o.gif

Btw, the hand signals: Does this mean we wont have to wait for our guys to finish saying "1, 2 , 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 move to foxtrot delta six five" (by the time hes finished we are all dead) - if so, fantastic

Nice to hear that. Blood in Water? Weapons fall off? yehaa.

But, can i keep the old m16 somehow?

The 4.2 patch will require version 3.5 and patch 4.0, but after the initial release we'll put together a full pack as we think this should be the final version. Although, there'll be alot of bug hunting to try and make the final version perfect.

And with the full pack, I'll be making a more versatile installer.

And pleeeaaase, allow us to use the old-style ironsights. They are much more realistic than the (really nice) new ones.

Maybe an optional config?

Thanks a lot!

A.

Quote[/b] ] thunderbird84 replaced the M16 and the M16M203 by InQ stuff

YES!! good job guys.

Though, a optional setup would be nice ;)

RELEASED: PATCH 4.2

40348_15.jpg

<span style='font-size:7.5pt;line-height:100%'>

Quote[/b] ]Actually the FlashFx Units Replacement mod is a serious competitor to the Y2K3 mod by my old friend Pappy, although my mod has improved more things so far, and innovated more. I'd prefer not to do too much publicity, to respect the friendly relationship I have with Pappy Boyinghton, who's been a nice person and who has helped me more than once. I also thank you for all your support which has allowed the FFUR mod to stay alive and to continue improving the simulator.

I'm glad to present to you Patch 4.2, which comes with a lot of new enhancements and fixes all bugs.

Here's the list of the enhancements and the changes :

-The US Specops can give orders using handsignals.(I prefered to add this sequence only to specops because the leaders of the US infantry rarely use handsignals in missions contrary to the specops.)

-RPG-7 replaced by the Very High Quality RPG-7V for the east side and the resistance side uses the old soviet RPG-7 in the goal to improve the realism.

-Mi-24 replaced by the last version of vit's Mi-24 , all the scripts have been introduced.

-The US officers carries the M1911 and the specops use the Beretta because at the year 1985 the US army has started to equip its units by the M9.

-New realistic sound for the Beretta M9.

-Voices introduced to the abrahms/M60 (reload sequence) and to the Mi-24 (engine start sequence).

-New Realistic sight for the AH-64 Apache and added new sounds too.

-Smoke wall effect improved , now the AI can't see you behind the smoke only if you launch the smoke grenades and you change quickly and immediately your position, the smoke effect

can only used by the gunner of the heavy tanks.

-New flak effect for the Shilka and the Vulcan.

-New splash effect appears when soldiers run in the water.

-RPG-7 replaced by the Very High Quality RPG-7Ve for the east side.

-Added smoke sequence to the RPG-7 and the RPG-7E.

-Added smoke effect to the machine-guns of heavy tanks.

-The sequence of wound has been improved a lot.

-Now weapons won't stay near the dead soldiers , if a soldier has been killed when he was running the weapon'll fall from him

-Sometimes If a soldier's been killed in the water , his blood'll float on the water.

-Following the request of a lot of people , I've replaced the M16 and the M16M203 by InQ stuff

-Improved GUI : the Police of the letters has been changed in the goal to enhance the style of the GUI and the names of the all the units have been replaced by complete military ones in all languages that OFP can use .

-4 Configs are available , 2 powerful configs (with and without the body explosion) , a Multiplayer config which allows you to play online with all servers without any problem , and finally a Low Cpu Config which allows one to use the FFUR mod without any problem on middle high Cpu ( >1300 mhz ).

-All Bugs have been fixed.

The installation is very easy , just launch the setup and follow each step then everything will be well installed.

Big thanks to

Rommel for his scripts.

Laser for the beretta.

Vit for the Mi24 v1.1

ORCS team for the high quality work.

VME mod and especially to Tony ranger for his help on some scripts.

and special thanks

Tomislav : "Main Adviser" of the FlashFx Units Replacement Mod.

Reven : "General manager"of the FlashFx Units Replacement Mod.

Enjoy It smile_o.gif

Best Regards

FFUR Leader and mod maker - Thunderbird84

PS. Thunderbird84 is working on an extra installer with an editable config and config without the iron sights right now. Expect it soon.

</span>

Screenshots

Download:

Patch 4.2

Pack 3.5 (Required)

Extra File Installer (fixes small bug, required)

Awesome! \o/

Quote[/b] ]

-Improved GUI : the Police of the letters has been changed in the goal to enhance the style of the GUI

Maybe it's my english that's off, but I don't understand.

What does it mean?

As always, wonderful job. smile_o.gif

Excellent as always. Just one question.

How difficult would it be for me to change the Russian infantryin FlashFX with those used in the Y2K3 mod?

Personally, I find those Russian uniforms that much nicer/more detailed.

Yep they are, but Y2K3 uses year 2003 Russia uniforms and flashFX the 1985 CCCP uniforms, for realism sake. At least i think so smile_o.gif

EDIT : Im getting this error after the 4.2 patch "ERROR LOADING LSR.USWP/M9/LSR.M9.P3D (MAGIC)

Oh and I still got the old one at the start "ADDON 'OWP_MI26' REQUIRES ADDON 'OWP_CREW' " I checked and OWP_Crew is there so I need some help guys

I didnt change anything, just install the patch. sad_o.gif

Oh and I still got the old one at the start "ADDON 'OWP_MI26'  REQUIRES ADDON 'OWP_CREW' " I checked and OWP_Crew is there so I need some help guys

To fix this error, just go to Ofp\addons directory and delete both OWP_MI26.PBO and OWP_CREW.PBO from the directory. FFXUR already has both of the files, so it collides with the files you have in the addon directory and produces this error smile_o.gif

great release again !

the shilka and the vulcan.... smile_o.gif wow. but one thing is .. well unrealistic they use explosiv ammo that explodes in the distance, but they shoot at a target even if it is very far away and the ammo explodes hundrets of meters in front of the target.

but changing this would be hard I think ?!

and one little question: will there be editable configs rock.gif

another little thing i noticed: shouldn't the russian pilots wear helmets ? I think those for the HInd should