Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

i skipped a few versions of this mod, but just tried the updtodate version, and

i must say i really like what i saw, your mod adds a complete new experience playing

the game, and the lag is very reduced compared to all previous versions (that i played),

even though you have such good effects running smile_o.gif

Great Work, Thunderbird and Partners wink_o.gif

i got three questions, concerning the changes you implemented

1. the look of the bis islands is much different, i know you changed them to other

highres ones, but i thought you have used the ones available in the forums, which i have

been using for a long time, but these islands look different (realer), could you point

out, which versions you used, for the FFxU Replacement Mod

2. is the "clean" editor fully tested, and has no bugs been reported in version 3.5? if

so, are those bugs squashed in version 4.2? I would really like to know, because would be a

shame if so, since using the mod for mission making would be fun

2. which config is the default one installed, i guess it must be the multiplayer one, since

the gameplay is astonishing lagfree, if not so, could you please point out, which config is used as default

thank you again, for the fine pleasure this mod provides smile_o.gif

Edit:

this errorcode came up, as i tried to play my mission, without a mod this doesnt come up

Untitled1.jpg

@honcho: clean editor works fine if everythings is done as told in the readme and followed the installer

default config is the one foe high cpu with body explosion if i am right

what mission was it?

So, I've tried FlashFxUR 4.2 and have to say I am quite disappointed sad_o.gif. Sounds with 7.1 channel configuration piffle and are not so realistic. Blood particles drop shadows. In choppers sometimes goes out of action the "free look" mode. And that (czech) "TODO Translate" is really a disaster. I don't know who did that translation but I am sure that he don't know a czech word. Now I am awaiting for "next-door" ECP mod and I will see. Good luck.

Thunderbird84 told me:

If you wish to make FFUR patch 4.2 work without any problems, you will have to download laser weapon pack, an editable config will be ready very soon. Concerning the distance of flak, I totally agree that isn't very far - I'll fix this minor thing in the patch 4.3 wich will also coutain new replacements of soviet tanks by RHS stuff.

The Laser pack is included in the extra file installer, available here.

Laser Pack

Untitled2.jpg

this error occured, at the beginning of the BIS mission 08: Lone Wolf, the handcodes should only be applied when the player has a group wink_o.gif

Oh and I still got the old one at the start "ADDON 'OWP_MI26' REQUIRES ADDON 'OWP_CREW' " I checked and OWP_Crew is there so I need some help guys

To fix this error, just go to Ofp\addons directory and delete both OWP_MI26.PBO and OWP_CREW.PBO from the directory. FFXUR already has both of the files, so it collides with the files you have in the addon directory and produces this error smile_o.gif

Thanks m8 smile_o.gif

Still got the "ERROR LOADING LSR.USWP/M9/LSR.M9.P3D (MAGIC)"

and I had intalled The Laser pack. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Exellent new patch is out wow_o.gif Is there any other faster mirror because download link is very slow. Anyway great work smile_o.gif

where are you based? The US server should dish out about 4MB/sec to visitors worldwide.... try getting a place in

the European mirror, but it's always busy so don't get your hopes up. Either way,

it shouldn't be slow at all. Try at a different time of day.

where are you based? The US server should dish out about 4MB/sec to visitors worldwide.... try getting a place in the European mirror, but it's always busy so don't get your hopes up. Either way, it shouldn't be slow at all.

Try at a different time of day.

Quote[/b] ]So, I've tried FlashFxUR 4.2 and have to say I am quite disappointed sad_o.gif. Sounds with 7.1 channel configuration piffle and are not so realistic. Blood particles drop shadows. In choppers sometimes goes out of action the "free look" mode. And that (czech) "TODO Translate" is really a disaster.

I don't know who did that translation but I am sure that he don't know a czech word. Now I am awaiting for "next-door" ECP mod and I will see.

Good luck.

an answer for thunderbird to morhoo...

thank you for your feedback about my mod which disappoint ya "too much"... smile_o.gif

and ps : the person who translated in czech is a member of BIS smile_o.gif

And people who want the editable config , here's an extra installer wich allows you to make your

own config basing yourself on the FlashFx Units Replacement Patch 4.2, this extra installer fixes

also that problem with the beretta , so you won't need to download the big laser pack , but

you've only to download this installer

Extra Installer - DOWNLOAD

Enjoy it smile_o.gif

What addons are needed for the newest patch?

I`m sure that I have all needed addons on my HD, so do I have to download the ffurfinalfullpack? rock.gif

@ Mr. Tea: afraid you have to, because of the clean editor and to be sure that everything works as it should

@honcho: i just tested the lonewolf mission with the high cpu body explosion config, maybe try this config (i thought it is the default, but maybe change it)

i'll try it with your campaign when i dl'ed it smile_o.gif

Tomislav -

sorry that i didnt specify the errorcode from above closer, it occured, as i played around with the handsignals, even though being alone

as i ordered (my not present squad) to set a perimeter the errorcode occured

about the errorcode in my mission, my guess is that since i assign actions to the player, these action (or the process of giving it to the player) interfere with added actions by the mod, its just a guess though

I've found some problems with addon free missions, because the object ID's on the map were different.

@ honcho: no, i understood you, i tested the handsignals also i was alone, no error occured

(btw. why does your name always remind me of the simpsons rock.gif)

@Blanco:until now i never had a problem with any objects ids

only sometime if target something the yellow square moves to slowly, but that's more than minor wink_o.gif , could you specify in what missions and what the problem is, then we could see what exactly is wrong

@theeraserhead: unfortunatly not as it is the problem of the addon, but the reason why TB kept it is the effect at night, really awesome if you have some heavy fights at night biggrin_o.gif

tomislav -

i reproduced the mistake with an other mission and the editor, once alone, the action

"movement/set perimeter" produces a debug message, the text of the message

(divisor by zero) suggests that the game cant cope with the not present squad,

thus divisor by zero

Untitled2.jpg

and the other debugmessage i posted, the one that occurs when starting my

mission (Dynamic Afghanistan), occurs also on the addonfree template of Dynamic

War, on that Sanctuary is working, it is the same message, i post the old one again here

Untitled1.jpg

Do someone else than me have problems with the ECP_BLODD.pbo too?

@honcho: now i see, seems as if this command causes a conflict with the ffur scripts, thx for the info

@Mr. Tea: ecp blood addon is not used in this version

Forgive me if this has been discussed, but if I understand correctly the weapons loadouts have been reduced? Because I tested this mod out in "Clean Sweep" and all the enemy AI ran out of ammo fairly quickly and were sitting ducks. Otherwise the mod looks great and runs smooth on my system.

Quote[/b] ]could you specify  in what missions and what the problem is, then we could see what exactly is wrong

It seems to happen on Everon, Malden & Kolgujev.

I tried one of my own addon-free testmissions where I setpos a car on ID from a road.  When I run the mission now with or without the mod the car is setposed somewhere else.

My first thought was ; I must be drunk when I've made this...these things can happen... tounge_o.gif

Then I tried another mission on Everon and the object ID was wrong again... Ok, I tried this 2 days ago and it worked perfect and I remember that I was sober that day  rock.gif

Than the ultimate test, I tried a scriptdemo from Thobson, the joinup script

That script uses an object ID where the squad gather at a fountain in Chapoi, Malden , mapgrid Ef72. Two days ago, the ID from the fountain was 50041, after installing the mod the ID changed to 20851.

You are replacing islands with the hi-res versions, is it possible that the ID's are different on the default BIS islands? And are the islands replaced even when you don't run with the mod?

***edit***

I've found another bug and wow that's a weird one smile_o.gif

I was playing one of my own addonfree missions and after a townbattle my squad gather for M113 extraction. When I board the M113 with the rest of the squad, the M113 won't move because the leader was missed in action but still alive. So I press 5-5 (where are you?) to locate him. He was 101m away from me , but the didn't move any closer. So I jump out to take a look and I've found my squadleader dead as meat on the ground. But...the poor guy was still moving his head (in a death animation) and able to speak smile_o.gif Now that was

weird crazy_o.gif

*edit*

I just had the same bug with the player. I can drop and take my weapon and magazines and I don't hear any sounds, (only radio)

Just for the record, an onplayerkilled script was running in that mission and when this bug occured, the script was not executed, so I suppose the unit was not recognised as a casualty by the game.

Something wrong with the lifebar or bloodscript perhaps?

Maybe important to know, I'm using the lowCPU config.

I uninstalled the 4.0 patch, then 3.5, and then deleted the mod folder. After installing 3.5, and installing 4.2 these are the errors I get:

1. Error loading lsr_uswp\m9\lsr_m9.p3d (magic) - which also prevents cut scenes from playing.

2. Handgun for pilot is missing.

3. Noticable lag unlike previous updates.

Did you install the extra file installer (laser pack included inside)?

Go to page 47 on this thread, and chk Reven's posts... He has 2 posts, one with the link to the extra file installer and one with the link to the laser pack.

In addition i'd like to report a bug i already reported, but it was not fixed on the latest patch -

While viewing through AT/AA weapon's scopes, if "B" is pressed for binocs, the view is switched to normal view and the weapon is stated to be Binoculars, but the weapon ITSELF is not switched to binoculars, so you cant even fire the AT/AA weapon or using binocs view, so you are forced to switch back to any weapon.

ofp_bug.jpg

I dont think so... Im pretty used to switch to binocs from AT/AA scope, and i think it usually switch or maybe just wont let me switch...