Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFx Units Replacement pack 5.0!

Step by step this mod is turning into a a REAL simulation, congrats guys, realy great job.

Any possible dates for relese?

any plans to include the transparent water?

the thing with transparent water is that it is really laggy, and we would have to make two different files as we would have to change eventhandlers on all the units (normally everyone who wants can do it on his own)

@Matra: will be about middle of may, but don't put pistols on me if not, depends on many factors we can do nothing about

Quality! Talking would be nice!!! Btw mate the m16 sound have a bit more bass because it doesn't sound very powerful.

Is it realistic that i shoot 30 rounds on a soldier standing 50 meters away and not hitting once with an ak74 in full-auto mode ? In single-fire mode i hit him without problems. I think this happens after i installed the latest FlashFX Patch.

With every new Upgrade of FlashFX the lag gets bigger and bigger. In one mission i get on standard resistance 40 fps with FLashFX (low-cpu config) i get 8 fps !

The Hand-signals are useless and on some misssions the little menu is filled with "orders" items.

I think its a great addon to the game that a soldier can loose his rifle, but why are all these weapons without any ammo?

With FlashFX the soldiers use handguns more than in the original game. Thats okay, but a soldier with a m21 or m60 fires most of the time their handgun?

Is it realistic that i shoot 30 rounds on a soldier standing 50 meters away and not hitting once with an ak74 in full-auto mode ? In single-fire mode i hit him without problems. I think this happens after i installed the latest FlashFX Patch.

With every new Upgrade of FlashFX the lag gets bigger and bigger. In one mission i get on standard resistance 40 fps with FLashFX (low-cpu config) i get 8 fps !

The Hand-signals are useless and on some misssions the little menu is filled with "orders" items.

I think its a  great addon to the game that a soldier can loose his rifle, but why are all these weapons without any ammo?

With FlashFX the soldiers use handguns more than in the original game. Thats okay, but a soldier with a m21 or m60 fires most of the time their handgun?

No, I also think the recoile values in FFXUR should be devided by atleast 2 to be realistic for most guns.

I think that when you play FFXUR you should not play too big og to heavily scripted missions if you have a slower comp like my self.

Even though it looks dump when a rifle is lost it is realictic that you don't drop all the ammo in the basic, you have to pic the ammo up from the dead soldier first.

STGN

any plans to implement muzzle flash or muzzle smoke? (I don't think its in there already).

Hello,

I recently installed version 3.5 onto a clean install of OFP 1.96. I get alot of errors saying that ofp is missing various .p3d files. The main screen anim that has the ruined vehicles on it is missing the wrecked URAL for instance. I don't know what the problem could be, so any suggestions would be helpful.

can someone please post a screenshot with the contents of their FlashFX mod addon folder? I definitely want to try this mod ...

I think its a  great addon to the game that a soldier can loose his rifle, but why are all these weapons without any ammo?

Yes i can assure you that if you were to fire a ak-47 in full auto, emptying the whole clip, theres a good chance you wouldnt even hit a truck because in real life the recoil is very powerful. Single shot mode is obviously more effective.

Just watch Jeremy Clarkson  wink_o.gif

The weapons are without ammo because the mags aint attached to the gun. You must pick ammo off the dead body that it originated from.

Use the mulitplayer config and that will reduce lag enormously.

They only use their handguns if they have no ammo. Make sure they do because it seems fine to me.

Please don't touch the recoil values...

vote = vote + 1 smile_o.gif

can someone please post a screenshot with the contents of their FlashFX mod addon folder? I definitely want to try this mod ...

if you look few pages before here are pics of upcoming release.

bit if you want to download it now just look on ofpfiles.com, there are nice screenshots with the download (you'd need to dl 3.5 and then the patch 4.5)

if you want you can wait until about middle of may though, as there you'll get another big stand alone release smile_o.gif

Just watch Jeremy Clarkson wink_o.gif

Heh I remember that - he was 10m away from a van and didn't hit it at all after emptying 30 rounds in its direction.

Just watch Jeremy Clarkson  wink_o.gif

Heh I remember that - he was 10m away from a van and didn't hit it at all after emptying 30 rounds in its direction.

Heheheh! Not one hole biggrin_o.gif

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been said, i don't really have time to read all 60+ pages of this thread, but is there any way to move the addons you get with FFUR into the regular addons folder (Res/Addons) so I could get all the units from the addons? For example, moving the CBT pbos into res/addons in order to have all the HMMWVs, M113s etc that you get by downloading the CBT stuff seperately. I tried copying and pasting them in and also changing the pbos from "read only" to "archive" with no luck.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Hello,

I recently installed version 3.5 onto a clean install of OFP 1.96. I get alot of errors saying that ofp is missing various .p3d files. The main screen anim that has the ruined vehicles on it is missing the wrecked URAL for instance. I don't know what the problem could be, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Nobody? rock.gif

Did u install the 4.5 patch?

Er nope, I have been out of the loop for awhile, is 4.5 on the first page of this thread?

EDIT: I installed 4.2 patch, but I still get missing p3d errors, no more CTDs though. Also having trouble with textures, at distance they look okay but up close they are blurred. Water texture is just a light blue too. (That could be DXLL interfearing with custom water from this pack)

I think u should install the 4.5. Its on page 55 of this thread wink_o.gif

A problem occured to my ffur. After installed lsr troops I now get the message HEP Soldiers need HEP Weapons and no mission works which is really strange cause before all worked fine.

@Milkman: make sure that you have not the same addon you have in the FlashFxUR folder in the res or original addons folder (it would be always better to post the exact error message.

@Itseme: there was a problem with the config of the weapons in the laser pack, did you already solve the problem as sanctuary described?

There´s any addon of a CAR-15 with scope? It would be nice too.

Looks great. But you should only be able to play dead if they've shot at your direction or you have dead buddies around you.. When is the next version being released?

Edit: I hope you'll be including all the latest animation replacements? smile_o.gif