Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! HMMWV Pack Released

^^^ Are the babies feeding? biggrin_o.gif

Great job COMBAT! team! smile_o.gif

...just wondering, is the name "COMBAT!" based of the old WWII TV show? rock.gif

I see in your truck pack you have a fuel truck that supports. Any plans to make a repair and ammo truck/track in NATO and desert? Or did I miss something.

^^^ Are the babies feeding?  biggrin_o.gif

Great job COMBAT! team! smile_o.gif

...just wondering, is the name "COMBAT!" based of the old WWII TV show? rock.gif

Yep

I am not sure on what addon(s) you are working right now, but looking at the extremly high quality of your addons, I hope you are gonna making an "abrams tank pack" somewhere in the near future!

01.jpg

MfG Lee unclesam.gif

Here is my "review". This is gonna be a versus compared to FK Humvee pack from a while back.

MODELS-

While both are good, the humvees in this pack offer more variety but I like that i can use both and they dont look too foreign from one another (to me).  They are also slightly more detailed on the little things and look less flat in most areas so....

8 - COMBAT!

7 - FK

TEXTURES-

This one is defintely more in your department. Your guys' textures are way more lively and more realistic in my opinion. Less saturated and you also are the only ones with desert textures! FK's are pretty generic but they get the job done, although in some places (interior of AVENGER) could have been better...

9 - COMBAT!

6 - FK

GAMEPLAY-

I like the way the humvees handle more inside these then in FK. They feel more rugged and fast. FK's are like BISvees on steroids, while yours are more like a human to a monkey....

Much less bugs and overall just nicer. The avenger was a long time wanted addon so that is nice to FK. But you guys have those desert textures and overall more shine!

8.5 - COMBAT!

8 - FK

-OVERALL- (Not an average)

9 - COMBAT!

7.5 - FK

----------

GREAT JOB COMBAT! (And one little tiny thing to recommend is GET RID OF THAT TRACER ON THE TOW WHEN IT SHOOTS DOWN THE ROUND! LOOKS STUPID!  crazy_o.gif )

Its unwise to put that much crap on a vehicle in OFP, due to that all the pollies add up and soon create lag, A tank is goinna be 4k polies, each object is gona but 50 to 100, add it all up, its why the other units are not nearly fully covered in gear. Put a company of them on any map larger than desert island, and watch the frame rates drop through the floor. Vehicles are commoy loaded down that badly on exstended missions and long road marches. Usualy before being moved into a combat sistuation all the execess stuff is droped at a secuirty point and the element moves on into operation.. That and high levels of common thieves around waiting for the moment or you to let your guard down, they can't steal anything iif your hualing ass for about 100 miles to your next postion. Saves needing more trucks to carry that stuff. At least they protect some thing you rather not get hit by small arms fire like the cans of cherry juice.

Punture a couple of those over top of a hot running engine, instant fireball.. But this is a game so that issue not work fully.

If CBT makes one hope its not bogged down with so much crap I can't run it on my machine.. Kinda like having the large scale armor battles with Sigma6s armor..

Great work as always but i missed the M1114 with gunner and its O´Gara-Hess armored turret; and I don´t know actually if this is an OFP bug but the opened M998 shakes too much.

greetings wink_o.gif

Hell yes!!!!!

finally humvees that could fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Combat team i reckon u guys made a revolution in ofp!!!!!

thanks

ill actually use these as support in missions!!!!!!!

i cant believe these guys can really fight!!!!!!!!!!!

@DrBobcat: this is an excellent pack but please dont compare addons. Both packs have their advantanges and giving a score to them is just not fair.

BTW, could a custom interior be incorporated into the pack as well? That would make an already great pack perfect smile_o.gif

Greetings,

Can someone in CBT please confirm the rear firing 'bug'? This is not a Project MCAR BETA: 2 issue, and it's quite likely that it will not be fixed by a code update.

If this is not an intentional feature, then there is a problem in the implementation of the MCAR system, possibly the proxies are very slightly incorrectly placed. Rudedog, please contact us, and we'll see if we can isolate the problem.

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior

-Psychic Productions

Greetings,

Can someone in CBT please confirm the rear firing 'bug'? This is not a Project MCAR BETA: 2 issue, and it's quite likely that it will not be fixed by a code update.

If this is not an intentional feature, then there is a problem in the implementation of the MCAR system, possibly the proxies are very slightly incorrectly placed. Rudedog, please contact us, and we'll see if we can isolate the problem.

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior

-Psychic Productions

Psy, I will contact you tonight when I get home from work.

Just a small thing:

Why are all the jerrycans in desert collor (on the woodland HMMWV's)?

...good question...  tounge_o.gif

...but i hope they will fix that unlucky detail...  wink_o.gif

Water cans are usually tan. Fuel cans are usually green.

Water cans are usually tan. Fuel cans are usually green.

OK that solves it smile_o.gif

Didn't knew that they are color coded wink_o.gif

Didn't knew that they are color coded  wink_o.gif

The British army have green for fuel and black strong plastic ones for water.

When i mentioned the "clipping" i was refering to Impact not placing.The pictures below show the outcome of vehicles as they hit a BIS truck,note the Combat HMMWV.It actually went all the way through were as the standard BIS vehicles did not.

bishmmwv.jpg

bisjeep.jpg

combathmmwv.jpg

Far way cool Addons..

D\l time 12:57:37 hummm, forget it

i think i'll head up to a cybercafe

A big thanks to the Combat! team for such high quality Addons.

MODELS-

While both are good, the humvees in this pack offer more variety but I like that i can use both and they dont look too foreign from one another (to me).  They are also slightly more detailed on the little things and look less flat in most areas so....

gotto disagree here cause somthing has gone terrebly rong when these models where made cause they don't realy look that much hummer, too slim, too big wheels, to less curvy front(and maby a little long), when I comapre these hummers to real world pictures FK's winn out by having that big fat mean look like the hummer has while these look more range rover somthing, and the rings(them you can put a hook thru) on the front are way too small. sad_o.gif

textures the interior could have been as detailed as the out side. And the Air holes in the front dosen' look like them I have seen on pictures of the humme here FK and BIS made them better

And the GL19 seem way too power full I made a little mission i on dessert island i had four squads attacking my Hmmwv colone and I was able to wipe them out in a matter of seconds it was almost like shooting A10 bombs on them. crazy_o.gif

other than that congratulates on the good pack.

STGN

u keep comparing it to fisckopps, witch is based on a nasty BIS model and is out of scale to  mad_o.gif

i kno for a fact sniper_skull has spent a great deal of time making sure these are the right shape and size these beat fisckopps handsdown  crazy_o.gif

u keep comparing it to fisckopps, witch is based on a nasty BIS model and is out of scale to  mad_o.gif

i kno for a fact sniper_skull has spent a great deal of time making sure these are the right shape and size these beat fisckopps handsdown  crazy_o.gif

no I compared it to pictures of a hummer first and then compared the two together and thort FKs looked most like the one i saw on the pictures(size vice).

STGN

comparing it to a photo and comparing it to a scaled photo is two different thnigs smile_o.gif