Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

COMBAT! HMMWV Pack Released

Eh, just kinda a moan about your humvee fanacisim, if you where me having to fix these things all the time like most motor pool mechanics your not have such a raging stiffy for them..

You actually scare me.. ;)

Just shows the pack you were raving on about you didn't even pay attention to..

Awesome work on all the Combat addons guys! smile_o.gif

Lets cut down on those hissy fits people...I thought my wife was bad but yeesh.

...here, have a midol. crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

There will be no more variants of the HMMWV's. We are moving on to our next project.

Hmmm ... next project. That sounds good!  smile_o.gif

Perhaps the M551 Sheridan? *crossin' fingers*  tounge_o.gif

um... the hmmwv still jerks (bounces, vibrates you know) though i have installed the latest version (1.1)

or is there a new fix that i have missed?

Quote[/b] ]you can see that the tires on yours are abit too big and the front is not curvy enough

The tires are too big?!? The front isn't curvaceous enough?!? My God, this addon must be awful!

Now when did I say that just beacuse you don't like it smile_o.gif I just think there is somthing rong whit the front and the tires. other than that I think this is a very good addon don't read your own mind in to my text smile_o.gif .

STGN tounge_o.gif

i know the size of the hummvee has been attacked server times in this topic, and i dont dare doubt the integrety or workmanship in scaling it perfect.

but my only question is, in game compared to the M113A3 from you guys (like theres other M113A3's out there tounge_o.gif ) its the same hieght. now my question is: is the M113 really that small? or vise versa, is the humvee really that big?

im only curious, im not doubting the scaling or size of either addon, im just wondering.

hmmm...US Army soldiers or the M1 series of tanks would be nice ... wink_o.gif

Yeah US Army Soldiers in VBS Style!!!!

i know the size of the hummvee has been attacked server times in this topic, and i dont dare doubt the integrety or workmanship in scaling it perfect.  

but my only question is, in game compared to the M113A3 from you guys (like theres other M113A3's out there  tounge_o.gif ) its the same hieght.  now my question is: is the M113 really that small? or vise versa, is the humvee really that big?

im only curious, im not doubting the scaling or size of either addon, im just wondering.

The M113 is rather small if you a regular size you cant stand up in side it(when its closed), and yes the Hmmwv is rather big. altho I have never seen em together so I can compare.

STGN

hmmm...US Army soldiers or the M1 series of tanks would be nice ... wink_o.gif

Yeah US Army Soldiers in VBS Style!!!!

Hyk' ones are pritty good in some degree more realistic than VBSs. I think a Abrams pack with new textures and a slightly better model than Sigmas would be great.

STGN

i think we need some new medium sized trucks (like the 5t truck)

well, personally i would like to see that Combat makes ew versions (or just remake) all vehicles currently in OFP, 5t trucks, jeep (and jeep w mg), all airborne vehicles, PBR.. well, replacements for all vehicles (dont need to be the exact same as the ones in the satndard, but maybe the similar vehicles of today.. the HEMMT works just great to replace the repair, refuel and ammo trucks, but wee also need smaller ones) wink_o.gif

why not make a total replacement for all west vehicles? (then later maybe east and res too)

using HYK modern soldiers..

pappy, dont read me wrong, the y2k3 mod is great, but maybe fewer addons? so we dont have to download from 10 different places wink_o.gif

and CBT makes the best vehicles out there for the west side... neeeeed moooooore wink_o.gif

well, personally i would like to see that Combat makes ew versions (or just remake) all vehicles currently in OFP, 5t trucks, jeep (and jeep w mg), all airborne vehicles, PBR.. well, replacements for all vehicles (dont need to be the exact same as the ones in the satndard, but maybe the similar vehicles of today.. the HEMMT works just great to replace the repair, refuel and ammo trucks, but wee also need smaller ones) wink_o.gif

why not make a total replacement for all west vehicles? (then later maybe east and res too)

pappy, dont read me wrong, the y2k3 mod is great, but maybe fewer addons? so we dont have to download from 10 different places wink_o.gif

and CBT makes the best vehicles out there for the west side... neeeeed moooooore wink_o.gif

you have to download from one place  smile_o.gif  the entire mod, and all addons required are packed into one easy to use installer.  and the since recent updates of combat's addons are still compatable with Y2K3. on page 130 or 131 is a download link for Y2K3ers to replace the default humvee with combat's or stick with fischkopp if u like. doesnt matter. besides, after 6.0 (final release) you cant go and downlaod the addons individualy anyway, cuz addons like INQ's weapons and MAF's 5 ton ive modded the pbo for Y2K3, so u need the addons that come in the installer

edit: you want a total conversion, you need an addon for everything. there is no "well heres 5 addons that wil lreplace over 1000 units, vehicles, weapons, and effects" type deal in total conversions. total conversion means EVERYTHING goes.

sorry combat, he directed it to me so i replied back  tounge_o.gif  you can have your topic back now  smile_o.gif

now my question is: is the M113 really that small? or vise versa, is the humvee really that big?

Look here:

HMMWVM113K.gif

(click image)

MfG Lee

Didn't Lee retexture some 5t-trucks in a very nice way?

Quote[/b] ] the HEMMT works just great to replace the repair, refuel and ammo trucks, but wee also need smaller ones) wink_o.gif

<s>Who</s> How did you get the HEMMTs as repair/reammo to work?

I'd like to see something like a "cargo-option" for the HEMMTs. Perhaps some containers, crates or something like that. It's cool to use them for convoys but always looks a little bit strange if all trucks are empty (especially the "open" one).

edit:

perhaps something like this:

Hemmt.jpg

MfG MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] the HEMMT works just great to replace the repair, refuel and ammo trucks, but wee also need smaller ones) wink_o.gif

Who did you get the HEMMTs as repair/reammo to work?

i didnt get them to work ;)

but they would be siutable for it..

you have to download from one place  smile_o.gif  the entire mod, and all addons required are packed into one easy to use installer.  and the since recent updates of combat's addons are still compatable with Y2K3. on page 130 or 131 is a download link for Y2K3ers to replace the default humvee with combat's or stick with fischkopp if u like. doesnt matter. besides, after 6.0 (final release) you cant go and downlaod the addons individualy anyway, cuz addons like INQ's weapons and MAF's 5 ton ive modded the pbo for Y2K3, so u need the addons that come in the installer

edit: you want a total conversion, you need an addon for everything. there is no "well heres 5 addons that wil lreplace over 1000 units, vehicles, weapons, and effects" type deal in total conversions. total conversion means EVERYTHING goes.

sorry combat, he directed it to me so i replied back  tounge_o.gif  you can have your topic back now  smile_o.gif

well, true.. but its still many different addons that have varying quality, if someone (lets just say cbt for now) would make all vehicles needed, and make a optional config that replace all BIS vehicles with cbt ones it would be great, if they (or someone else) also made all the units it would be even better, then all replacements have the same quality..

i understand if this would be to much work to do for all 3 (4 if counted civilian) sides since that would as you say mean you have to remodel and reconfigure 1000nds of things..

it would be very nice though..

you have just replaced everything (wich also puts a lot of stuff you might not want in the editor)

but i am still glad for the work you and others put into this game smile_o.gif

back to topic, what i want most is new (remodeled) 5t trucks, jeeps and boats.. with cbt quality smile_o.gif

Hey Combat! team, have you ever pondered making an Abrams tank with all the script fixings like a mg on top that can turn around?

... but they would be siutable for it..

Yes definitly!

Only desert versions.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Yes, this truck's fit really good with the Desert-Combat vehicles and HEMMTS etc smile_o.gif

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but anyway... I've modified 'BAS_60sling.sqs' so the black/pavehawks now carry these awsome HMMWVs but the positioning or the ropes is wrong. I'm somewhat scripting retarded. Is the rope placement set in this script and if so what do I have to modify to make it line up with the hummers? No pics sorry.

Cap.

Funny this is a thread for HMMWVs not Abrams, or new infantry units, you guys are getting way off topic. Now listening to you guys bad mouthing Sigma's tanks, is rather annoying. Don't Diss Sigma6. Even more desert versions of the M1 were released in Sigmas armor pack as well as different varients. Seeing he made both East and west packs, they are balanced. A T90 is a major threat to an M1 Abrams. Look at all the tanks lost in Iraq just to RPG hits.. Luckilly there are not a lot of the newer russain armor in the hands of these other contries. Army wanted to replace the Abrams, even after going to the A3 upgrade.

Combat only makes US units, _period_ Anyone else asking for east side units from Combat mod will be cheerfully ignored.

@C4P741N

I suggest you contact somebody from BAS about their scripts it wasn't made by COMBAT they know more about it than us.. No reason they wouldn't at least give you the technical support for their products.

Remaking everything on the west side is nuts, OFP2 would be out before we could finish.. Rather stick to things that have not been made stuff we started already and sidelined to do the humvees that was very close to being released, like the M551A1 Sheridain tank, M35 truck pack, older 5 ton truck pack. MRLS, some Marine based equipment of a number of types. As well as the older US vehicles that are missing from the 1985 timeline.. All this takes time...

Already overhauled the M151 series jeeps on my own, I repair and restore these as a hobby IRL M151, M151A1, M151A2 and the varients. CUCVs I, II, and III,

bobcat the FMTVs, MTVR, nor are being made or is planned, as for the MRLS is not going to be done for a long time so don't be making posts saying whats planned and whats not

Somebody failed to mention the FMVT was dropped as an addon for OFP1.. I'm not a mind reader..