Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Invasion 1944 Info Thread

I am happy about this as well. I have been keen to make a Zitadelle campaign for a looooooooong time now.

Well Im not holding my breath. I still have bets on OFP2 coming out before the INV44 mod. Hopefully Im wrong.

April is the "cutoff" line for me, when Invasion 1944 hasn't released any stuff then i think they're going to save it for OFP2 , or just cancel the whole project...

"But hopefully i'm wrong..." wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

I still have a blast with the last pack so I'm still happy. biggrin_o.gif

You people put too much pressure on these guys. I can just imagine the INV 44 forums tounge_o.gif

I44 has joined with "The Eastern Front Mod"

I44 is VAST!

They never cease to amaze me.

Well I suppose it is a way of keeping EFM alive longer since I haven't seen any updates in a while and their website is down. I really like their T34 85, hopefully I44 can add several other countries variants as well as using their talents on them.

It was not dead... as I would not join a dead mod wink_o.gif

I joined EFM just weeks before they joined I44, at that moment there was no contact about joining made with I44, so EFM wasnt dead. smile_o.gif

EFM was far from dead I should Know I was the Co-leader

I was a I44 Member before the merge and I talked to Jojimbo about it and we came to a dission (how it came about it is history)

Quote from ofp.info;

Quote[/b] ]The internet often makes this world seem like such a small place. We are able to communicate with people at the other side of the world in seconds, whether it be through e-mail, chat-application or forum. Despite of our knowledge and resourcefulness, there is still one power we cannot control. The often beautiful force of nature, that sometimes tragically turns into a deadly power destroying everything in it's way.

Often these kind of catastrophes seem so far away from us but yet so close either through the presence of a loved one at a disaster area, or through contact by letter, e-mail, phone or the internet for the purpose of commerce, tourism, foreign exchange or immigration.

Marcel of the I44 team has informed us that teammember and good friend Jowo has died as a result of the Tsunami that hit large parts of Asia on December 26th of 2004. He was on vacation in Thailand when the Tsunami struck.

We would like to express our sincerest condolences to Jowo's family and friends, and hope that they will find a way to handle the terrible loss of their son, grandson and friend in the best way possible under such horrible conditions.

sad_o.gif RIP to Jowo. I too would like to express my condolences to Jowo's familiy, friends and inv44 modmembers. I wish them much strength in the comming period.

sad_o.gif

I44 has joined with "The Eastern Front Mod"

I44 is VAST!

They never cease to amaze me.

Well I suppose it is a way of keeping EFM alive longer since I haven't seen any updates in a while and their website is down. I really like their T34 85, hopefully I44 can add several other countries variants as well as using their talents on them.

It was not dead... as I would not join a dead mod wink_o.gif

I joined EFM just weeks before they joined I44, at that moment there was no contact about joining made with I44, so EFM wasnt dead. smile_o.gif

Thanks for letting me know about that sad_o.gif I just wasn't sure because I haven't heard any news nor was your website on. Good to see you guys are still there though, looking forward to that T34/85 you've made.

R.I.P Jowo

I lost 2 of my friends (both finnish) in tsunami, in Indonesia. So I know the pain that comes from this.

R.I.P Jowo sad_o.gif

My condolences to the family and friends of Jowo, and to you and the family and friends of the two you lost, Snypa. It was a vast and terrible tragedy...

This is sad , really tragic.

My condolences , poor guy had his whole life infront of him and then this.

the power of nature underestimates everybody

he has my condolences, tragic loss

This is sad , really tragic.

My condolences , poor guy had his whole life infront of him and then this.

my thoughts exactly,

rest in peace.

Man, this really makes you stop and think, ya know? this could happen to any of us. We could die when going to the supermarket tommorow. This is just another point on how people dont think that mod makers have lives. There is somebody else at another computer reading this at the same time you are. RIP Jowa, i think we should do some thing for him. Like dedicate the invasion 44 mod to him?

Bye

ITs very sad to read of the tragic circumstances leading to the death of a flashpoint giver. Even though Id never met him or knew him personally it still is deeply touching to read of his loss. Ive had contact via pesting him about release of in44 yet it seems the brief encounters we all have are often all but to brief and without realising of tomorrows events.

Its sad not only for his family and friends but the to the many people who have experienced true joy that a hard worked addon brings. The addon makers of this community put in many hours some years of effort and share with us their inspirations of creative thought.

Thx Jowo for all your worth.. You will be missed.

My heartfelt condolences go out to the family and freinds of Jowo, and to the Invasion 44 team. sad_o.gif

Rest in peace.

I just wanted to post my condolences here as well.

This really hit me after just seeing a CBS report on TV about children orphaned by the Tsunami and now I came across this.

its really sad

remebers me of lawrie

such events really show u how short life is

and that it is really precious

my condolences to his familly

hes gone but not forgotten