Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Invasion 1944 Info Thread

Well worth the download, over eight minutes showing excellent work.

I know the answer, when it's done, tounge2.gif, but, what's the status of the mod, this video is recorded in a alpha stage, beta, charlie? tounge2.gif , and on wich computer was this video recorded? thx wink_o.gif

Ahhh... can't wait for release, excellent work inv44 team!! smile_o.gif

Great video, I am really impressed by the voice acting and grass. Im worried if this will ever be released though; id hate to hear on my deathbed, surrounded by children and grandchildren that the mod has finally been released wink_o.gif.

Just like Txalo I would also like to know on what computer the vid was recorded on. To be more specific: what are the 'minimal requirements' for running the islands?

well, instead of crying for a release, go help them!

nice made mod! thumbs-up.gif

those uniforms, soldiers, vehicles, weapons are sweet notworthy.gif

video gave me another very welcome mod inlove.gif

I have seent tha video,and its awesmoe,but where are that STEN GUN ANIMS?

Sten_Together_Ingame_2.jpg

Im glad you like the vid, here are the specs from my PC and the game settings while i recorded it with FRAPS.

Computer Used:

P4 3.0 ghz w/1024MB RAM

FX 5200 card with 64MB RAM (although it could be 128, but i doubt it)

Game Specs:

1024x768 screen resolution

Terran detail: Normal

Visual Quality: all the way up 11.23

Frame Rate: all the way up 20.40

View Distance: 1008

Refresh Rate: 60hz

all options enabled except wbuffer

@Salvatore: I never even thought of showing off the anims, sorry.

@Salvatore: I never even thought of showing off the anims, sorry.

So that animations will not included in the MOD?

BTW:Sorry for my english,Iam Czech

The animations will be included, thats just something i didnt even think of including as i was making the vid.

The animations will be included, thats just something i didnt even think of including as i was making the vid.

thumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gif

wow i just noticed its almost been three years since the demo was released, after 3 years work it has to be somthing good smile_o.gif

not too mension that when these were made the best ww2 addons we had were just retextured bis soldier models along with some poorly modeled weapons, and were amazing for there time, so three years on, the addons you have made now must be amazing too?

wow i just noticed its almost been three years since the demo was released, after 3 years work it has to be somthing good smile_o.gif

not too mension that when these were made the best ww2 addons we had were just retextured bis soldier models along with some poorly modeled weapons, and were amazing for there time, so three years on, the addons you have made now must be amazing too?

I think that to compete with RHS standards (to pick an example) , they're having a tough time wink_o.gif .

I still do not believe you guys are just continuing to work for the hundred or so OFP fans remaining. Imo you've had your time, and if some people agree with me, your mod will find joy for like 40 or so people.

Then again, I'm probably just wasting time in this thread, somehow it feels that way, must be because I have been cheering for so long smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]I think that to compete with RHS standards (to pick an example) , they're having a tough time wink_o.gif .

And who said what about competing? huh.gif

We arnt competing with anyone, and have you looked at the most recent shots of our troops/tanks/planes/blah blah (insert some form of killing machine thing here tounge2.gif )

I understand you point about the community (dwindling every day im guessing now) but just think when ArmA is released (notice i say when wink_o.gif )

then hopefully more people will come to ArmA (modwise and community wise), but as for now, a RES release is definatly being done as weve always said smile_o.gif

Wildo

I still do not believe you guys are just continuing to work for the hundred or so OFP fans remaining. Imo you've had your time, and if some people agree with me, your mod will find joy for like 40 or so people.

Erm you are so wrong!big time wink_o.gif

I think that to compete with RHS standards (to pick an example) , they're having a tough time wink_o.gif .

Comparing a WW2 mod with an addonteam that makes addons from 1945 onwards, has no campaign, no major custom effects, or animations... goodnight.gif

Last time Cervo of OFP.info mentioned their unique visitorcount for one day a couple of weeks ago it was still around 18.000. What particular part of those 18.000 people would your ''40 people'' belong to? The "I want my mod now or else I'm going to cry" or the ''Despite not ever having been in the modteam, or even bothering doing some proper reading about the history of the mod still bitching on people that make a mod for free in their own free time when they could be doing something far better then working on something for a bunch of ungratefull kiddies'' group?

Work on a mod for longer then two weeks, make some addons and then criticize modteams for working for 18 months on their mod (and not 3 years like other fairy tale writers have said). The fact that a mod exists since OFP was released doesn't mean that they have been working on the same project since that date.

''243 14416'' The current amount of replies and views of this topic. The silent majority doesn't bitch about release dates, and has nothing to add to the ongoing ''discussion''. Whining every day doesn't get the release any closer.

''It's done when it's done''. No sane person would start working on the exact missions for the campaign if the needed addons were only halfway finished.

Lt HuNTeR

Ex-Inv44

Quote[/b] ]I think that to compete with RHS standards (to pick an example) , they're having a tough time .

Then again, I'm probably just wasting time in this thread, somehow it feels that way, must be because I have been cheering for so long .

100 or so fans? are you living under a rock? there are thousands of people anticipating this mod, and to bring 40 people joy is a bit of an understatement

Comparing a WW2 mod with an addonteam that makes addons from 1945 onwards, has no campaign, no major custom effects, or animations... goodnight.gif

Last time Cervo of OFP.info mentioned their unique visitorcount for one day a couple of weeks ago it was still around 18.000. What particular part of those 18.000 people would your ''40 people'' belong to? The "I want my mod now or else I'm going to cry" or the ''Despite not ever having been in the modteam, or even bothering doing some proper reading about the history of the mod still bitching on people that make a mod for free in their own free time when they could be doing something far better then working on something for a bunch of ungratefull kiddies'' group?

Work on a mod for longer then two weeks, make some addons and then criticize modteams for working for 18 months on their mod (and not 3 years like other fairy tale writers have said). The fact that a mod exists since OFP was released doesn't mean that they have been working on the same project since that date.

''243 14416'' The current amount of replies and views of this topic. The silent majority doesn't bitch about release dates, and has nothing to add to the ongoing ''discussion''. Whining every day doesn't get the release any closer.

''It's done when it's done''. No sane person would start working on the exact missions for the campaign if the needed addons were only halfway finished.

Lt HuNTeR

Ex-Inv44

nice answer smile_o.gif

Incredible quality level  notworthy.gif ....animations, weapons' sounds, voices, map, weapons, models....and the campaign looks impressive...I44 modders' skills have reached such a level that OFP isn't the same game anymore...

And about "100 fans remaining", just have a look at download statistics for OFP's mod...

What particular part of those 18.000 people would your ''40 people'' belong to? The "I want my mod now or else I'm going to cry" or the ''Despite not ever having been in the modteam, or even bothering doing some proper reading about the history of the mod still bitching on people that make a mod for free in their own free time when they could be doing something far better then working on something for a bunch of ungratefull kiddies'' group?

I think he must belong to that group as i've only just noticed his post count. Joined Dec 2005 posts 1712  crazy_o.gif thats like 60 posts a day.

ontopic: Oh and i'm one of those silent fans. I've been looking forward to this mod for a loooong time and my enthusiasim hasn't dwindled at all. notworthy.gif