Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Invasion 1944 Info Thread

Hello all,

Since today marks the 60th Aniversary of Operation Market Garden i thought it would be a good idea to give the public some info of whats going on with the mod and to set up a thread to use for PR purposes.

Progress on the mod is moving along at an increasing pace although i can't answer the $60 million dollar question "When will it be released?" i can say that we are very close to having it in a stage for my missions team to start work.

Speaking about the missions team, i thought for this first bit of info i would give an outline of our campaign.

We plan to make one massive campaign that we will split over four seperate phases, phase 1 of course will take the longest. This way, we could combine our resourses into one area as a team, complete it and move onto the next. This includes all addon production, and it would give us the time we need to get important landmarks made, tested and ingame like the Arnhem bridge. We could release each phase, with only the areas needed completed and everywhere else left blank. The map would be updated in future phases.

Now on to the campaign itself:

Phase 1 - The british paradrop, breakout and battle for Oosterbeek.

Phase 2 - The U.S. airborne drop, battle of Nijmegen,and capture of the Waal bridge.

Phase 3 - The drive of XXX Corps and the battle of Elst.

Phase 4 - The battle of Arnhem.

Once phase four is completed, all phases would be rolled into one Alpha Full Mod Release. This way we have set ourselves a more managable goal,the first phase being relatively easy giving us a break, and something for people to download and play without jeapordizing the structure of the full mod. Also, the whole campaign would take on the shape of the original cwc campaign, but in a more chronological coherent way. We end the campaign going back to our british soldier, and the main theme of our mod goal, Arnhem itself and the subsequent extraction by the 101st of the survivors making it all a "successful" allied campaign.

In addition we are also going to make several SP and MP missions to accompany the phases and an official I44 CTI will be made as well.

unclesam.gif

Thanks Dusand but i think we should cross our fingers and hope you all can beat the campaigns wink_o.gif

mod1.jpg

Work has now officially begun on the Phase 1 campaign as the mod has now gone Alpha unclesam.gif

There is no release date yet but we are at a point where there is more behind us than ahead of us. Remember that once the campaign starts to get made that the point where a mod is getting really close to completion.

Quote[/b] ]the mod has now gone Alpha

wow_o.gifwow_o.gif Very good news. Any chance we can see a picture of some US troops?

The other screens (soldiers, island) really impressed me (and a lot of other people I think).

Can't wait to see the final result of this mod.

well the US airborne is for phase 2 so u will have to wait untill then phase 1 is about the drop by the british wink_o.gif

(read the first post by winters tounge_o.gif )

wizeass  wink_o.gif

I'll refrase myself; can you (INV44) post a pic of an allied soldier

I will see if i can get clearance to post a pic of the Red Devils for ya.

I believe thats the handiwork of Maatz  smile_o.gif

Uhm.... tnx allot pall :S

I made this GUI.... sad_o.gif tnx anyways....

Quote[/b] ]I made this GUI.... tnx anyways....

Hi Marss911,

Don't worry there mate, as some of us have a great respect for your contribution to the mod.

I remember that you were one of the first great addon makers and I still use them even today in many scenarios.

A great looking GUI as well if I may say so.

Thanks Mars

Parker Hale

wizeass  wink_o.gif

I'll refrase myself; can you (INV44) post a pic of an allied soldier

I will see if i can get clearance to post a pic of the Red Devils for ya.

looking forward to it. And I'll understand if you can't.