Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

Don't the guns carried by the Ultra soldiers have explosions as the ammo, maybe that caused the explosion...

Exploding ammo, that would be cool tounge_o.gif (imagines an ammo-dump blowing sky high biggrin_o.gif )

Lol, HYK's Ultra soldiers fire the equivalent of LGBs from their weapons tounge_o.gif

Don't the guns carried by the Ultra soldiers have explosions as the ammo, maybe that caused the explosion...

Exploding ammo, that would be cool tounge_o.gif (imagines an ammo-dump blowing sky high biggrin_o.gif )

Why doesn't it at this point, at least burn really well.

Rather happy with the mod, most of the effects are low enough no real lag on my low end system. nnice is it enhances the stock helo units and most of the thrid party made addons. The building burning script is neat, after a major fire fight in a built up area buildings burn for a while, like the houses and even bustops.

One gripe is burnig vehicles, AI are too stupid to understands the tank they just crawed from is burning and them with it. So they stand there till they burn to death and die.. Think the vehicle explosion and burning FX should be random. Seconrad explssions sould be llimited to systems that have that, kinda annoying getting hit in a jeep that explodes many times like its carring cannon ammo.

couldnt you make some sort of gazoline explosion when you shoot at a barrel? (or a bigger if you shoot at the Barrels object)

That's actually a good idea - barrel-explosions. I'll add that in the next release.

That's actually a good idea - barrel-explosions. I'll add that in the next release.

looks like we can have our ammo dump story biggrin_o.gif

can you make them at a random setvelocity too? so they fly up and in some direction? wink_o.gif

Goldmember covered the explossions in the Explo mod, I think he did a very good job in there.

Try to give the secondary explossions, the one from the amunition to the armoured class only( On the ground vehicles) If that's possible then you could give the "Car" class a random fire in 3 different forms, fire strait away after destruction, no fire at all, and delayed fire, this last one would be really nice if it could star as a small fire and then expand untill the vehicle is on fire, and maybe add a small fuell explossion to it aswell after a while.

Like I say, I don't know if that's possible, but if it is it would be very realistic.

Maybe the destroyed "Car" without a fire could have a thin column of smoke repressenting the heat of the dammage, but this would only look good if destroyed by explossive amunition.

Just some thoughts.

Regards.

@CERO.

Goldmember covered the explossions in the Explo mod, I think he did a very good job in there.

Try to give the secondary explossions, the one from the amunition to the armoured class only( On the ground vehicles) If that's possible then you could give the "Car" class a random fire in 3 different forms, fire strait away after destruction, no fire at all, and delayed fire, this last one would be really nice if it could star as a small fire and then expand untill the vehicle is on fire, and maybe add a small fuell explossion to it aswell after a while.

Like I say, I don't know if that's possible, but if it is it would be very realistic.

Maybe the destroyed "Car" without a fire could have a thin column of smoke repressenting the heat of the dammage, but this would only look good if destroyed by explossive amunition.

Just some thoughts.

Regards.

@CERO.

Most modern day combat vehicles are powered by diesel burning power plants, to not explode when the fuel burns. That and being more effecint and the engines last longer than gas powered units. That and burning crews alive when they get hit happens a lot less seeing how hard it its to get deisel to burn vs gas.

Sorry for double posting, but 1.5 is almost ready now.

Here's the changelog -

* Nicer looking vehicle-explosions.

* House-fires, while remaining random to some extent, are smaller and have a 50-50 chance between fire and smoke or just smoke

* Extra big dustclouds from choppers on Desert Island.

* Barrels, when destroyed, blow up, fly into the air a bit, and burn.

* Grenades are now timed; they don't explode upon impact.

* Fires actually burn you now(I messed this up in 1.4)

* Some ECP style effects (Pending)

* DKMM_RSC is not required anymore.

Expect a release within this week.

One more addition -

* The (horrible) default fireplace effect has been been changed.

By the way, scratch the previous release date - It'll be released today or tomorrow.

FlashFX 1.5 is out!

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/hunter/FlashFX/FlashFX_1.5.zip

Changelog -

* Vehicle explosions generally look better now.

* Houses burn and/OR smoke when they are destroyed.

* House-fires, while remaining random to some extent, are smaller and have a 50-50 chance between fire and smoke or only smoke.

* Extra big dustclouds from choppers on Desert Island.

* Barrels, when destroyed, blow up, fly into the air, and burn.

* Grenades are now timed; they don't explode upon impact.

* Fires actually burn you now(I messed this up in 1.4)

* The fireplace burn effect actually looks good now.

* DKMM_RSC is not required anymore.

Great, downloading now, thanks Nemesis.

@CERO.

cool so far, downed a some of SF SU-27s with the FA18s. Nice to know when you nailed the enemy cause you can see the fireball, and smoke trail as they sprial to earth after eating a A to A missile.

Guess using Penneywises FA-18 might not allow some of the enhancements made in FXmod. Was in the yellow just short of the red having eaten a couple of R-27s at 3,000. Didn't notice that I ws trailing any smoke from the engines, even slowing down the plane. One of the rear wheels was stuck in the up postion, and had to land like that.. Somehow I got the plane down withou exploding and had to drive it off the runway before the surviving wing crashed into on his final approach. Folding the wings and goosing the engine to push off to the dirt resulted in a roll over narrowly getting out of the way just before the wingman could park his plane ontop of mine.

Guess thrid party aircraft must be added to the effects scripts? Even if most if not all the choppers I tried worked.

Hold the presses,

While on tonal using Bratty's tweaked F4, and AIA Me109s and a few mcared vehicles. Triggered errormessages with the blood scrits, they flashed really quick at the top of my screen, Getting rid of the prop jobs and going air to air alone and infantry vs infantry didn't create any error messages.

Not sure what the conflict might be other than the propplanes use a kill stat that marks the aircraft with kills.

Pretty kewl smile_o.gif .

The foot dust efect looks awsome on Catshit's afhganistan island, i sugest everyone to try it out and the ejected brass is great to see too.

Also that pow and molotov stuff is fun and i also like the efect when ships and stuff explode.

Cons are i dont like all that abuse of fire and smoke, it goes really high and may cause sum lag in a heavy tank battle, i think dark smoke and fire could be removed from jeeps, trucks and cars and replaced with something more light, i also dont like the small fire efect added to hand grenade detonation.

Now this requires tactevents, how about replacing this blood with tactevents blood textures then, looks better in my opinion.

Also a dust cloud would look better around destroyed houses instead of all those flames and petrol style dark smoke.

Will mess around with it some more, good job smile_o.gif .

Is the enclosed OFPEC_Blood.pbo file, dated 2003, the same as the updated ECP_Blood.pbo file, dated January 2004, included in the latest copy of the ECP mod?

If so, why aren't you using the latest version? rock.gif

Well, the ECP version has a lot of ECP variables which I don't know how to set, plus, it would be a major hassle over such a minor thing. Also, I would have to add lots of new files to the zip.

ahh, this is great... however, i would like even bigger fuel explosions on barrels (maybe make it random? to simulate that some barrels are full, some are empty and some ar half full, or maybe containing other liquids that isn´t as explosive)

anyway, bigger explosions, preferably a black mushroom cloud..

oh, and the same goes to the fuel truck

and some sort of ammo explosions for ammo trucks and ammo crates...

that makes for some cool "blow the ammo/fuel dump" kind of missions biggrin_o.gif

but i like it smile_o.gif

Great work so far but i also like to know whether this FlashFX mod is also MP compatible (mpmissions hosted by dedicated server) or not ??

I keep getting a _blood script error message, but unable to copy it cause other game logic stuff coveres it over as I am using other betas.

Got it trying strictly air to air mission, seems to only show up after ejection.

Diesels A10s vs Vits Su-25s, with SF mods SU-27s and Footmunch's F4s and F15s

Well, I've tested this mod in MP. Here's the list of things that don't work -

Burn/smoke effects.

Blood on ground.

The things that don't work are effects that are based on objects that are contained in addons which other people don't have. I'm no genious, but if just 1 person on the server doesn't have... let's say, the OFPEC_Blood addon, you don't see it.

As for the blood error thing, I have no idea... but the word incompatability strikes my mind.

One thing I've been thinking about is adding some script based fires purely for multiplayer. I think I'll do that in the next version, actually. As for the blood... can't fix that, I guess...

been unable to go mp since i got 1.5 been having this problem in the sp games

The blood seems to work still only that little message pops up in the upper left corner of the screan _blood #$setdir some thing something, inval operator setdir.

Still leave blood on the ground after you hit your target, or crawl around injured. It don't CTD so I'm happy.