Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

Hi there!

@ Lt. Hunter:  I must praise you MUCH, there haste really well worked.

Now still which other one:  You times please this picture looks at and says to me who this helicopter provided!  Lee_H._Oswald means that of BIS is, but the BIS AH-64 is darkly olive and not black.

flashfx.jpg

From BAS it cannot be also!?

But that is also so darkly olive!!!

PLEASE help me I absolutely continue to need the Helicopter!!!

Best last a Download Link.

Sorry 4 my bad english! I'am a German.

Yours sincerely GI_Joe crazy_o.gif

Ah, so it's not! Didn't check that lol, was in a hurry. Maybe someone had a go at changing them. They look like Silesian's textures just a different colour.

I need your help, guys. Well, kind of - I need some advice!

What do you want in the next version?

I'm currently working on :

* Chopper exaust and damage scripts.

* Small bug fixes and optimizations.

By the way,

This mod was not made by Lt. Hunter, but by me.

He did help a lot by getting it hosted, however.

Hi,

Since I've been using GMR's excellent ExploMod since the day it supported multiplayer I haven't bothered to download this but maybe someone could enlight me about the difference between the two?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

The difference... well, they're pretty much alike, only different effects. Each mod has something the other doesn't.

GI_Joe @ Aug. 13 2004,15:54)]Hi there!

@ Lt. Hunter:  I must praise you MUCH, there haste really well worked.

Now still which other one:  You times please this picture looks at and says to me who this helicopter provided!  Lee_H._Oswald means that of BIS is, but the BIS AH-64 is darkly olive and not black.

http://lee.plankton.ch/flashfx.jpg

From BAS it cannot be also!?

But that is also so darkly olive!!!

PLEASE help me I absolutely continue to need the Helicopter!!!

Best last a Download Link.

Sorry 4 my bad english! I'am a German.

Yours sincerely GI_Joe crazy_o.gif

This is helifreaks work.

Get it here

Nemesis, I wouldn't mind to replace some basic units, like infantry and weapons, I think that would do.

I replaced the 3 infantrys allready, plus s##t loads of other stuff, but there is a cuple of total replacement mods allready that are very good, so releasing another one its pointless.

I would like to be able to choose between diferent setings on the configurations, like Golmember did.

He made a smoker configuration, not so much fires on explosions, more like in real life.

Then he allso made another two, a midle and a high effects, the high effects was a bit more like Holliwood pirotecnics like, but I prefered the smoker.

Just a sugestion biggrin_o.gif

good work mate, and I'm glad to see that you are updating, this will be another 150 pages topic wink_o.gif lol.

Regards.

@CERO.

@ Nemesis6: Roger that Nemesis6, guess I will have to try your version out someday...

@ Maurekk: Sorry but I currently don't have a link to Goldmembers latest ExploMod (1.49). If someone else hasn't chimed in by tomorrow noon PM me and we will fix it!

@ cero: Fully agree with you and also prefer Goldmember's "smoker version". Adds alot of atmosphere to OFP

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Tail rotor failure scripts.

http://www.ofpec.com/editors....x=0&y=0

Tail Rotor Failure Script Fox2 1.0

Tail Rotor Failure Script Vektorboson 1.0

Ever considered the heat shimmer effect that the M1 Abrams and T80 have cause they are turbine powered, as well as the jet and helo exhausts also emit a heat shimmer.

A better dust wake for moving vehicles would be nice. Even more so in desert areas.

I think the cannon fireing effect is a bit ovr done, and you never see the round travling down range like i realife, but noticed you can see some of the arty shells coming in from Hawks self propelled guns. The back of the shell would be illuminated like the rockets in this and you beable to see it heading downarage or at the target. I got video if needed that shows this effect back when I was on the XM1

It is not possible, at least to my knowledge, to modify dust for vehicles(believe me, I would if I could). There are also several other effects which cannot be changed in the config.

New changelog -

* Exhaust effect and smoke from damaged choppers.

* Extra flame effects for all RPGs/Rocket launchers.

* Some slipups fixed.

It'll be done in 1 or 2 days.

Maybe the choppers should get a explossion effect when destroyed inflight. Afterall the fuel cells are in the fuselage usualy in the cargo area close proximity to the powerplant.

Wondering if its my video card blew up the good one and had to drop back to the old Voodoo 5. Was a engine smoke trail implimented? Kinda looks like the dotted line on the higway most of the time also noticed the pilots now look around when in the canopy towards the enemy or the unit in command. I don't remember installing anything else other than this and the DXDL8 thingy which isn't working. Gotta have working t & L I suppose but back to topic. Love the fire ball after my Mig eats an AIM9.

It is not possible, at least to my knowledge, to modify dust for vehicles(believe me, I would if I could). There are also several other effects which cannot be changed in the config.

actually i believe it is possible in a limited way. If im correct the GMR explosion mod did it in the early days. Giving different kind of dust effects for different kind of terrains.

Add to the changelist -

* Choppers have burning effects and burning debris, too.

I'm pretty sure vehicle dust isn't defined in the config, if someone could help me on this one, that'd be great.

He did work in that in the end, but I can't recall if it was succesfully introduced to the Explo mod.

I remember that it was a good work around using some complex script, yes you can tell the engine what kind of texture is in the map, but I'm not sure if its done by user imput.

That was for hello dust, shok dust and vehicle driving dust.

Regards.

@CERO

Couple of 'requests' im not sure if there possible or arent possible because of the limiteds of the engine.

1) Hellfire releastic. the Hellfire fired by the longbow in flashpoint acts far from releastic. An normal hellfire. First travles forward. Then up the sky. And then comes down again so it hits the tank at the top (one of the weakests points of a tank)

2) Missles that don't disappear. Something i notice for example the maverick missle. That after so many meters the missle disapears and only the smoke trail and flare

3) Let guns act more releastic. An bit like FDF. Im not sure if everyone would like it. But it would make fire fights act longer and more releastic.

4) Releastic dust and shockwave effects. A bit like WGL. For example when you place an heavy explosion takes place like an LGB or an Satchelcharge you first see a very fast shockwave. And then dust and mud popping up high and big. And slowly disappearing. This is only the case with an high amount of explosives.

keep up the good work....like the effects so far smile_o.gif

A whole new version is coming out some time today. I sent the mail to Lt. Hunter just a minute ago.

1) Hellfire releastic. the Hellfire fired by the longbow in flashpoint acts far from releastic. An normal hellfire. First travles forward. Then up the sky. And then comes down again so it hits the tank at the top (one of the weakests points of a tank)

Second that! WGL managed to implement LOAL (indirect fire) in their AH-64 (wonder how they did that?) and I truly love that and their rucksacks...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Version 1.2 has been released by Nemesis6. It adds:

* Exhaust and damage script from BAS-Studios added.

* Choppers now burn and produce smoke when destroyed.

* RPGS, LAWS, and AA launchers now have extra flame effects.

Download link

Great, downloading now.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I get an error by just put one MI24/MI17/whatever on an island:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'[_this select 0] exec "\Nmod_Effects\ChopperFX.sqs"|#|}': Error Unbekannter Operator

I think I am doing something wrong, but what?

Well rather this have it own flavor than be a copy of WGL whic is very good but it pushes for realisim. Bear in mind it is an effects mod some of the request are requiring that the addon be tampered with. Depending on which longbow model it is kinda screws up things. One of the things I like to see is internal effects on the vehicles when hit. Like riding in an M113 or lav that takes a hit which have had once happen the is a huge flash, and sparks flying about inside the hull before it fills up with smoke unless the hayon fire supression system kicks in. About them the TC pops smoke and retreats to evac the mount causse you have about five minutes before the hayon is too dangerous to be surrounded by. Thats if something like a LAW or TOW isn't hit and detonated. Usually inside the vehicle takes a hit, and the blood textures pop on the injured units. Lighter vehicles should flip when hit. Which doesn't happen a lot or goes a bit overboard like when a t80 pegs a 5 ton truck with the 152mm cannon.

Might be diffcult seeing the cockpit view is sperate from the model, kind like the AH64 when it gets chewed up by ground fire would think when the gunner or polit is killed or baddly injured should blood splatter along the inside of the cockpit, also grant the gunner the abilty to take over flight controls if the pilot is compacitated. The gunner has flight controls of the bird in realife, the chopper can be flown from both stations reguardless.

Was one of my biggest pet peaves about all dual station choppers in the game, BAS at least made it where you can take the controls of one of their birds if the pilot was killed. But switching seats in a apache or cobra in flight is really highly unrealistic, but maybe an option menu seletection like manual fire?

Well just sugestions mostly of things not yet touched in the config mods to mull over.

Great, downloading now.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I get an error by just put one MI24/MI17/whatever on an island:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'[_this select 0] exec "\Nmod_Effects\ChopperFX.sqs"|#|}': Error Unbekannter Operator

I think I am doing something wrong, but what?

Trying to use it with CLSA, or FDF mods helos, the defualt BIS birds do not generate that error. Other mods are _not_ compatable with other config changes.. Switch to BIS birds and will work. Stand alone addons good, larger mods with their own configs bad..

Causes nastly little conflits and OFP hates you.. ;)