Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

Great, downloading now.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I get an error by just put one MI24/MI17/whatever on an island:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'[_this select 0] exec "\Nmod_Effects\ChopperFX.sqs"|#|}': Error Unbekannter Operator

I think I am doing something wrong, but what?

Trying to use it with CLSA, or FDF mods helos, the defualt BIS birds do not generate that error.  Other mods are _not_ compatable with other config changes..   Switch to BIS birds and will work.   Stand alone addons good, larger mods with their own configs bad..  

Causes nastly little conflits and OFP hates you..  ;)

Hmmmm i'm not running anything other then DXDLL and also getting the same error sad_o.gif ( BIS choppers )

Didn't happen in 1.1 or 1.2 sad_o.gif

Trying to use it with CLSA, or FDF mods helos, the defualt BIS birds do not generate that error.  Other mods are _not_ compatable with other config changes..   Switch to BIS birds and will work.   Stand alone addons good, larger mods with their own configs bad..  

Causes nastly little conflits and OFP hates you..  ;)

I am using it without any mods or addon helis.

Pure ofp mi24's, mi17's, ....(insert BIS helo here).

MfG Lee rock.gif

Odd, still using 1.1 and know that it has a stroke if you use CLSA or anyother mod made non-stand alone unit.

Guess its a bug introduced implimenting the east choppers to the west FXs. Should be an easy fix though...

Have faith.. =)

Holy macaroni!!

You're right, I made a mistake there, hold on... Let me fix it.

Fixed version uploaded. Link is the same as posted before smile_o.gif

Not sure what it is I just updated to the latest and got no errors, I put every helo I know in there including betas that are not released, on the stock Nagova map. other than major lag on a low spec system, and the known bugs on the betas.

I've failed to recreate your error messages.

was using a old PIII 600 with a voodoo 5 agp and 256 meg-o-ram

Nogova island

Footmunches Su-27s, F15E

RHS's Mi-28Ns, Mi-24, KA52, KA60..

DKM's Mi-28Ns and RAH-66s

BIS KA50, Mi24,

Vits AV-8Bs

Sigmas T80UEs

HKYs troops

No error message on my systems, might be a mod conflick, I'll toss together other combinations..

Or I got the newversion with the bug fix?

Or I got the newversion with the bug fix?

Well, I uploaded the fixed version on 22:29 (GMT), so if you got it any later then that, then you have the fixed version.

"Script /Nmod_effects/ChopperFX.sqs not found"

Whenever I lounch or place chopper in editor rock.gif

Take your time tounge_o.gif Don't rush it...

Well trying to get to test out the new updates. Well diffcult getting hit by the Advenger getting shot to hell right now by Hinds and Havocs before they make a successful hit.

Tiger helis are rather pathetic in air to air missions cause the Hinds are rather nasty still, but them they can kill jets as well in realife. Gives me a chance to try the bullet scripts.

Ok, appears I didn't have the unmussed verssion so makes sence why choppers were not responding to the action.

Redownloading now..

success, choppers have pretty effects in a non laggy area now, funny watching the Mi28 trailing smoke after getting hammered by a couple of stingers launched from Avengers.

I'm impressed. =)

Well, one idea caught my eye - the tank shell effect. Sounds like a good idea to make a flame / smoke / whatever effect, however, I'll need some referances too see if the effect visable to the naked eye in real life, and for a little, well... Just referance.

Hunt about for a small video named 'Armored Propaganda' its on one of the other OFP sites under a team called 17th Cav. It shows a fire display of the M1A1 Abrams mostlikely durring Army day. As the engage hard targets down range. With the 120mm and commanders 50 cal. The videos I have are back in the day when the M1 still had the 105mm rifled gun, as I was stuck heling replace them with the 120mm smoothbore.

They are mostlikely firing heat rounds, cause the sabots tend to have a second report as the rod casing are sheaded and impact the ground a short distance from the tanks, one of the reason you can't fire sabot over friendly units, the casing will kill friendly personal when they fly off the penetrator rod.

Wonder if the missed round impacts can be altered. Missed rounds usualy slam into the ground making a plum of dirt, and bury themselves about 5 to 10 ft into the ground. Rather than leave a big blast area and impact texture.

Should add the random exploding turret effect to eastern block armored vehicles. Comblock tanks often the turrets are held down by the weight so they can be removed easilly in the field. So an ammo detonatopn commonly blows the turret off launching it about 50 meters in the air to come crashing down. some distance away. Or bounce on top of the hull like a popcorn popper as the cannon ammo detonates. Usualy killing all aboard.

Sometimes the turret is blown off leaving the driver alive to drive without the turret. The M1 has a magazine for its ammo stores that is sperate from the crews postions, so the crew can survive an ammo storage detonation. The blast is redirected out and up from the tank with the blast doors on the top of the rear turret. So the tank can be knocked out and the crew still survive, most of the other FX mods oftem give armored units the same effects.

The M60 and older US tanks are not desinged like the M1 so the ammo is in the tiurret with the crews.

The Armor demo video was aviable found it for ya

http://www.ofpcorner.com/e107_fi....ion.mov

Wonder if the missed round impacts can be altered. Missed rounds usualy slam into the ground making a plum of dirt, and bury themselves about 5 to 10 ft into the ground. Rather than leave a big blast area and impact texture.

That really depends if your using HEAT or SABOT rounds of course.

Seems using any of BAS helo addons causes CTD (crash to desktop) at least on my system.

Gettin the same error

Everything is set up ok. Loaded addons, setup the -mod path, folder is in ofp directory. Other affects seem to work, but not the chopper

Ya. I mention the same thing above...but I guess for now stick with 1.1 sad_o.gif

Man now say how much effects you did take from Vitja3000? rock.gif

In your effect pak evrything frokm Vitja3000 you just modifyd it and dont ask Vitja Molotov is in Vitja pak and you dont delet it RAW solder too. and some skeletons (i don know how to say it right)

huh  just now i saw :"Vitja3000 - He made the EffectPack which contains the fuel explosion.":

LOL   he sad me  that all his  effects you modifyd ...  i know you was searching  him but didnt find  and dont asked ...

HAHA

* Water is tossed up into the air when a boat is destroyed. (scripted)

tounge_o.gif i destroyd boat on ground and you know what i saw ? biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif WATER effect

Actually, I didn't modify any of his effects, and the only effect used from the effect-pack is the fuel-explosion.

Gettin the same error

Everything is set up ok. Loaded addons, setup the -mod path, folder is in ofp directory. Other affects seem to work, but not the chopper

You must do something about this, its impossible to place a Chopper in the editor...

PS: Suggestion:

How about, in the next version, removing these green lines that represent bullets, I think it will add realism to the game. +I find them very ugly.

Consider removing them, at least for the Player...well if you know how...

thx

Fixed version has been released, please download it here

Works good, big thx.

Btw, one "bug".

When flying a helicopter e.g. KA50 and taking damage, smoke comes out of the engine, ok.

If you shut down the engine and start it again, the damage smoke is gone.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Both reports noted. I was aware of the first one. Both will be fixed in the next version. Still, I need some advice for effects.

Sovietman, do you mean the tracers? I don't know if that's such a good idea... it could make it more difficult to play.