Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

Well, I just fixed the bug reported by Lee. H. Oswald. Now for the parachute issue - easily fixed.

Here it is, the changelog for the next version -

* Blood splatter from units hit by bullets. OFPEC addon.

Any advice is appriciated.

EDIT: I just fixed the two bugs reported, and added the above. Any suggestions is welcome at this point!

Gettin the same error

"Script /Nmod_effects/ChopperFX.sqs not found"

Everything is set up ok. Loaded addons, setup the -mod path, folder is in ofp directory. Other affects seem to work, but not the chopper

You must do something about this, its impossible to place a Chopper in the editor...

PS: Suggestion:

How about, in the next version, removing these green lines that represent bullets, I think it will add realism to the game. +I find them very ugly.

Consider removing them, at least for the Player...well if you know how...

thx

hmm i downloaded fixed version and i still get this error?? sad_o.gif

Chopper Error fixed, thx

Quote[/b] ]

"Bonko the Sane":

i use dxdll 1.0 enhanced tracers option, one of its best features.

- I have dxdll, do I need to do something in the configuration to have the enhanced tracers???  tell me how plz

Quote[/b] ]

"Nemesis6":

Sovietman, do you mean the tracers? I don't know if that's such a good idea... it could make it more difficult to play.

I think it would add realism to the game. Im sure alot of people will apreciate, why not giving it a try... at least for the assault rifles.

It would be good for MP, it will be some sort of a HD (High Dispertion from JAM) but not due to the rifle, but to the one that is firing. Do you get my point?

Quote[/b] ]

"Bonko the Sane":

i use dxdll 1.0 enhanced tracers option, one of its best features.

- I have dxdll, do I need to do something in the configuration to have the enhanced tracers???  tell me how plz

this should be in dxdll thread...but its quite simple, open dxdll config and change EnhancedTracers=0 to EnhancedTracers=1 and say bye bye to laser like annoying tracers.

Quote[/b] ]Bonko the Sane

thx! thats exactly what I wanted, more realistic tracers, those lasers were very annoying.

Quote[/b] ]Nemesis6

Forget my suggestion, Kegetys already took care of it wink_o.gif

hmm i downloaded fixed version and i still get this error??  sad_o.gif

Got the "fixed" fixed version tounge_o.gif it works fine now...make sure you are overwriting the old ones smile_o.gif

* Blood splatter from units hit by bullets. OFPEC addon.

Any advice is appriciated.

The one from OFPEC its a bit laggy. Not when in normal conditions, but use a fast MG on a big group and you'll see what I meen.

As far as I know the guys from ECP modified the blood addon to work with ECP, and at nthe same time Golmember adapted it to the Explo mod replacing the original blood addon.

The performance was much better.

Have a look in the ECP topic and see if you can find some answers from the ECP team.

Looking forward to it.

Regards.

@CERO.

Yeah, I noticed that. But I can't see how they could have managed to minimize the lag... Anyway, I'll ask them.

Fixed verssion seems ok now BAS choppers don't crash the game anymore. Think I need to replace my box period at this point its hammered. Gonna try reformating and see if that cures its problems.

One thought. When I enable FlashFX, it seems to override what settings my video card had, namely AA and AF.

Any idea how to fix it? Radeon 9800 256mb card.

No idea whatsoever... this is completely new to me!

Anyways...The next release won't be anything major, but there will be a few new effects, expect a new version within 2 weeks.

Were you able to figure out the tail-rotor failure scripting? I posted the links for the scripts in a earlier post.

Well, I don't know if it's a good idea... this is mainly an effects mod, and if... Gaaah, I'll try and add it in the next next version(not this one).

That's actually a good idea - I'll add some damage / blink effects when you get close to the vehicle fires, but I cannot add those to the fuel-explosions.

Anyway... lots of stuff going on with the mod right now. This is the new log -

* Rotorwash is much more heavy on Desert Island now.

* Dust / smoke kicked up from some explosions.

* Blood effects from OFPEC.com

* Damage when going too close to burning fires

* Various bug fixes.

I have a problem, i have a ti4200 128mb, so explosions and effects working fine, but reflects in water don´t working.

any idea about this?

Wrong thread I think... this mod doesn't have reflection effects.

Uooopss!

yeap! i see in a screenshot a copper with reflection, so i think he have!

sorry! that is a Dxdll effects.

rock.gif

Well guys, the next release is just around the corner, next version will be today or tomorrow.

Note: I coulden't get the ejection seats into this version. Sorry.

if anyone is interested, i made that flash fx works with FDF mod. but i wont publishe it, cause i didnt ask FDF guys and nemesis (or who made that mod). i just copied the new enteries (in flashfx config) in fdf_mod config. (fdf mod explosions effects are remowed, and flashfx added + rotorwash and other effects.). if u want it, PM me. (its the first version of flashfx with corrected error).

all credits to FDF_mod team and Nemesis6.

OH YEAH BABY! Something good to come and find after a crappy day of workin on trucks.

Unfortunatly, there were some problems with the fuelstation explosions (giving error message), and the blood effect not working in missions.

Fixed now, please redownload.

Well, guys... here's the CURRENT(Which means that it is open to suggestions) changelog for the next version -

* Dust shockwave from destroyed vehicles

* Water shockwave from destroyed boats