Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

can u make some better explosions for law, rpg, carlgustav... when hitting ground?

and maybe watersplaches on all water explosions? (that means all explosions occuring IN the water)

@ The_Shadow

I will try to get that added in the next version. No promises, though.

Anyway, do you guys think I should add ECP style explosions for the next version?

Excellent job so far guys. Just a small suggestion, could the rounds for the Cobra and Apache's main guns just kick up dust as the explosion, and not actually have the color?

Well having been under both when they fire the 20mm and 30mm rounds do make a flash when hitting a hard target. I would rather suggest speeding up the impact animation effect. Making the blast slightly smaller like that of the hand grenade blast.

Wonder if the TOW missile impact blast can be altered. Most tanks the TOW passes completely through the hull on impact a huge flame shot blast out the opposit side.

My pc is in the shop [on my old one now]. When I get it back I might try it on my new pc. One poster though brought up something about the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256. I thave the ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256. Anyone there using that card with the Cat drivers? Having any trouble? Feedback wanted before atempting such a download. Thanks. The addon looks sweet. Nice work also making the updates and listening to the comunity. Wanting to get it right for us just makes me all warm and tingley inside. Not that kind of tingley!!! tounge_o.gif

Not sure, would think if this mod runs on an old and I do mean old Voodoo V card, it should run well on anything else..

Status update - Almost ready.

Finished effects -

* New effect added for when ships are destroyed.

* New effect for tank-shells on water and land(water means watersplash).

*The LST(Carrier if you will) now makes a BIG explosion when destroyed.

* Dustwave when vehicles are destroyed.

* A lot of the effects have been optimized/changed a bit.

To do -

* Optimizing the hellfire missile flame effect.

* Fix some minor bugs.

* Making the effects disablable(is that a word?)

Release date -

Expect a few version... Within this week!

As always, suggestions are still welcome.

I allways loved the "burning house" effect in Goldmembers mod.

Maybe you can add this feature?

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I played with this feature recently... actually, I'll try to add it! I'm using General Barron's general fire script.

For starters, I'll add it to the resistance houses (Like the appartment buildings located in Petrovice on Nogova).

But I'll have to talk to General Barron first, because I wanna make some minor changes, and of course, aquire permission.

By the way, ejection seats will not be included in thi version. Sorry. I talked with Hammen from the Spetsnaz mod about the ejection seat, I asked if they could help me seperate the ejection seat from the SU-27 addon(pbo-wise), and he asked me to send him my latest attempt to do so myself(I have tried to do it myself), so I did. But he has not contacted me since.

EDIT: Houses now burn when destroyed. I just need General Barron's permission.

Was the random tail rotor failure scripts added to this update?

Contrail scripts and enginefire I've seen on the WWII SCud and AIA planes.

Well, the mod is ready for release now, I just need to pack it, get it uploaded, and all that. Here is the new feature list -

Changes for this version -

* Water-explosion effects have been optimized and a new one has been added.

* Dustwave when vehicles on land are destroyed.

* Improved tank-shell explosions from the EffectPack from Vitja3000.

* Houses now burn when destroyed.

* Exhaust script for fighter-planes.

* Feet-dust and gravel kicked up when running as infantry on Desert Island.

* Improved the chopper-damage effects(sparks and fire).

* New explosion effect for the LST(Carrier ship).

* The stationary MG smoke has been optimized.

* The plane-fire has also been optimized.

* A couple bug-fixes.

I'll release the next version within today or tomorrow.

So, what do you think?

Need some suggestions for the next version as well.

My suggestions :

- I like the new watersplash caused by shells, but the water collumn stays to long imo.

- Sometimes there is no spalsh at all, but I realise this is scripting on the edge, so I can live with that.

- The housefires are a bit too big imo

- All houses burn when destroyed, can you randomise this a bit? Sometimes a fire, sometimes only smoke.

Very nice job btw smile_o.gif

1 - Yeah, that bothers me a bit, too. I'll see if I can fix it.

2 - That's a bug with the detection script, although I don't understand it myself, I know it's there. Nothing I can do about that really...

3 - I wondered about that, too... the fires have a tiny bit of random size (1.6 + random 2), but I'll experiment a bit with this; make it more random.

4 - That depends: There are multiple ways to make this - A 50-50 chance between smoke and fire, or depending on which type of building it is (appartment building or just a small house)

By the way, I used the houses in Petrovice on Nogova as a referance, thought it looked OK there. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

A 50/50 chances of fire or smoke in houses would do to me very well.

I'm downloading now the latest version.

Thanks Nemesis6.

@CERO

Looking good, no conflicts or nathing, nice, only one thing:

Quote[/b] ]* Feet-dust and gravel kicked up when running as infantry on Desert Island.

I haven't been able to see that, it may be my setings, I don't know.

Thanks.

@CERO.

You have to look real close, as its color is much like the color of the sand. Try lieing down and watch a unit move toward you.

Anyway, To-do's of 1.5:

* Extra big dustclouds from rotorwash generated on Desert Island.

* 50-50 chance of smoke or fire from destroyed houses.

* While remaining random to some extent, house-fires are a tad smaller now.

* Remove the white stuff and big explosion-fire that comes out of the vehicles when destroyed, and add a new, much more pretty effect.(Decision pending, long story)

i experienced a weird bug, after destroying a LST (i was playing as a HYK Ultra-M60) i was obviously attacked by my own team, when i died i exploded with a BIG bang, the explosion of the fuel station in fact rock.gif

bug with LST explosion? or conflict with HYK_Ultra soldiers?

That sounds strange... I'll look into that! By the way, you'll getting a bill from the U.S. army in hell for destroying their Carrier! ;-)

Don't the guns carried by the Ultra soldiers have explosions as the ammo, maybe that caused the explosion...