Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

One again, again... sorry to bump this thread, but anyway -

Does anyone have any ideas for the next release? I'm thinking of trying out the WGL effects for bombs and missiles. You know, huge dustclouds after a missile or an LGB hits the ground.

So, any suggestions?

yeah sounds cool, i haven't tried wgl pack so much at all, but dust clouds sounds like a intresting idea. smile_o.gif

Current changelog for 1.7 -

* Watersplash effect for when aircraft crash in water. (For amphibious vehicles, too)

* Explosion fire and explosion dust only occurs when the vehicle hits the ground.

* When any vehicle is destroyed, it slows down. (No more vehicles flying across the map)

* Hellfire missiles produce a larger flame than before.

* Fixed an error with the cessna - removed the engine smoke.

Once again, I need some suggestions for further features.

What I would really like to see, are (as you said above) better/bigger explosions/smoke/dust on big bombs.

I mean REALLY big blasts!

I hope the ACES system will come with big bombs.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.edwards.af.mil/archive/2003/images/explosion.jpg

Ok, ok, this is not the result of a bomb, but it looks very impressive!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

What I would really like to see, are (as you said above) better/bigger explosions/smoke/dust on big bombs.

I mean REALLY big blasts!

I hope the ACES system will come with big bombs.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.edwards.af.mil/archive/2003/images/explosion.jpg

Ok, ok, this is not the result of a bomb, but it looks very impressive!

Just downloading that JPG made me lag!

Just downloading that JPG made me lag!

As we all know:

Lagâ„¢ is a registered Trademark of Bohemia Interactive Studios.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Full intergration of Dynamic sound range, or the current decent sound enhancement pack, maybe make it optional so it will detect which is used and run it.. The exploding turrent feature for the Soviet made tanks. GRM mod used it.. I think..

is it possible to make the Stinger/Strela like in WGL? it is soooo cool.

Are you thinking about the shrapnel that flies off when the AA-Launchers hit a target? In which case, funny you should mention it, I have a script for that exact thing, I just haven't thought of adding it yet.

Here's a link for the script incase anyone want to try it out - http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse....d=17873

BUT, the bold text in my first post in that thread should be replaced by the following - this addEventHandler ["hit",{_this exec "debris.sqs"}]

I've made two versions of the script, one drop-based(using SpaceObject), and one with actual pieces that will actually hit the ground and lie there for some time. I think I'll experiment a bit with this today.

About the dust shockwave - I was thinking of Fishion's explosion shock dust, but here's the thing - I'm not quite sure how to go about it... I guess I'll also mess around with this.

On a side note - The next version will be out when I think it has enough new stuff.

@Nemesis6

I have your mod installed and when i use "Select this" SF Huey i get this message...It has no effect on the game except the horrible banner on the top of the screen.Keep up the good work as your mod is one of the reasons i still play OFP. biggrin_o.gif .

error14.jpg

This was mentioned before several times. The mod mostly effects default bis choppers and a few thrid party choppers.

Vit's AH1W

SEBNAMS Hueys

Selectthis's hueys

Cause that banner error the minute you spool up the turbines.

I noticed it didn't show on the updated ver 1.6 but been mostly playing with the default bis helos now they are more up todate with most of the other helos, Theoold nam hueys are just very old and lack a lot of the parts in the geo/fire lods to take some of the features of the flashfxmod.

How about linking the flare scripts to the helos, like the BOH AH46 and the BAS blackhawks have. So they can better protect themselves against SAM launches.

About the errors with the NAM choppers - Does the error end with "General error in expression"? The only thing I can imagine screwing up would be the position array - It's individual for each chopper. So I reckon that I might be able to fix it with a more general position, but the smoke would come from the exactly correct place, but it would be there, and it wouldn't be that noticeable. On a more general subject - I've been on a bug-hunt during the last couple of days, and no, I'm not talking about Arachnids. I've been fixing and fixing and fixing. So the next release will include more fixes than features, although new features will be added, too.

The next thing I'm thinking of adding is debris for aircraft, as mentioned above. Like, when you shoot(hit, not kill) a plane in the air with any sort of missile, you gotta be careful not to get the debris right through the windshield. Well, actually it doesn't damage you, but yeah.

I'll try to fix the chopper issue, as it's a more general problem that could affect a lot of third-party addons. I'll get to work some time when I get home I guess, I'm in school right now... :-/

Well I recall the nam choppers are pre O2 and might not have all thegeos and lods inplimented. I'll sit down and complie the list of helos that trip that banner. Some have scripts implimented already like Vits USMc cobra which also used ti tigger the banner error.

You don't have to make a list, the problem is actually pretty simple. The third party choppers that aren't based(config wise) on any existing chopper, are not provided with a positional array of the exhausts, thus creating that error. I'll just have to add a default position.

By the way, along with the debris stuff I plan to add, I'm also considering finally adding those ejection seats. Now I know how to solve the problems I have been having, so now I'm damn well gonna get it done. I don't know if this will be a "player only", or a general effect for jet-fighters, but I'll work on it.

Well, 1.7 is more or less finished.

Changelog of 1.7 -

* New water-splash effect for aircraft crashing into the ocean/water.

* Debris shoot off when aircraft are hit(not killed) in the air.

* Amphibious vehicles, I.e, the BMP, generate a water explosion when destroyed in the sea.

* A couple bug fixes.

* The chopper exhaust/damage scripts are now compatible with third-party choppers. (Thanks, Bobcatt666!)

The MAYBE list -

* Wake/ripple of dust or water under aircraft depending on the ground(duh!).

I'll release it... maybe tomorrow or... you know the drill...

great to hear! cause the latest version i have is still 1.2 (not updating as much tounge_o.gif )

i dunno if you're using this tactic already, but if you're using a account with very limited BW , PM TheAvonlady or Lt Hunter with the link, ask them to send the mirrors back, and list those along with your own smile_o.gif .

hyakushiki soldiers granades dosn't seem to delay like the other addons sad_o.gif

Nope, sorry about that. Some effects don't work on curtain third-party addons, and IF they work. Also, in this case, the unit still has to carry the default handgrenades. Any other types won't work.

Anyway, right now I'm testing the mod out as I have added quite a few new features that *might* introduce some new bugs... A few days tops.

OMG!  wow_o.gif

calm down  tounge_o.gif  on the desert island with just the plane flying low over the water, your FPS goes from 38 to 4.

its a neat effect for screenshots, not for in game.

besides a great man once said "im only worried about whats in front of me, whats behind me dont matter"  smile_o.gif

sorry just had to throw my 2 cents into the lowflying jet water-wake effect  smile_o.gif

Hmmm thats interesting. I don't got much lag with it. Only tried it on desert island w/ Footmunch's F-14. It looks great and I don't get much lag. Only a, perhaps 5 fps decrease or even less. I think I will use the effects w/ the Y2K3 mod, they look great.

EDIT: "im only worried about whats in front of me, whats behind me dont matter."

That doesn't sound right. When flying in combat, what's behind really matters!

EDIT: "im only worried about whats in front of me, whats behind me dont matter."

That doesn't sound right. When flying in combat, what's behind really matters!

Have you ever heard the saying "Eat my dust"... tounge_o.gif

Changelog of 1.7 -

* New water-splash effect for aircraft crashing into the ocean/water.

* Debris shoot off when aircraft are hit(not killed) in the air.

* Debris smoke and fire opacity turned up a bit

* Amphibious vehicles, I.e, the BMP, generate a waterous explosion when destroyed in the sea.

* Lots of bug fixes, optimizations, whatnot to a lot of the existing scripts.

* The rotorwash scripts have been heavily modified. (Including much more realistic rotorwash on Desert Islands/any islands like it.)

* The plane burning in air effect has been modified.

* Vehicle speed is reduced when vehicles are destroyed and hit the ground(if they're not already there)

* The chopper exhaust/damage scripts are now compatible with most third-party choppers. (Thanks, Bobcatt666!)

* Choppers need to sustain more damage to trigger the engine-failure effects if the player is the pilot.

* Player's can't trick the tail-rotor failure script anymore!

* Hellfire/heavy missiles generate a bigger flame behind them now.

* Lots of small things.... some not really worth mentioning.

Well... back to the paper and packaging work!