Sign in to follow this  
JdB

FlashFX

The old Snipers creed

"One shot one kill. "

My Admendment after finishing the sniper course,

"The other 12 were just in case."

Well, I've put the FDF configs on hold, although they are largely done. Work has been a little slow lately, but it's still just a packaging issue. I think it'll be done by... Monday.

I'll start working on the FDF configs after I get 1.8 out the door. Here are the -biggest- changes of 1.8

* Default crater-dust effects replaced by the ECP ones, with one minor change.

* A seperate, new config file with new explosions more like the ones you see in modern games nowadays.

* Plane engine exhaust, damage, and fire added.

* Water ripple under planes right above water.

By the way, for those of you who know a bit about particles - The new explosions are produced using the "Obrysove Svetlo" particle.

Just wait. It'll be here soon.

And who did authorize you to do anything to FDF config Nemesis6?

I'm actually packing the mod right now, almost done, too. Goeth, let's not get into this right now. When time comes, we'll work this out.

Anyway, the ONLY thing I have to do right now is to get the ECP explosions effect ready, and it's all set to be uploaded and all that.

Well, understandably, Lt. Hunter isn't online right now, so here is an utterly temporary link -

www.geocities.com/facehugger96/FlashFX1.8.zip <--- Copy and paste the link into your browse.

FlashFX 1.8

If you can get it hosted, please do! :P

EDIT: Edited the last major changelog to include... blah, another change I forgot - * Water ripple under planes flying right above water.

Im uploading it to OFP.INFO right now....should be up in about 10 mins. wink_o.gif

EDIT: It's now up and ready for download on the main page, www.ofp.info.

Oh by the way, I forgot - The main config file is now the one with the new explosion effects. Just FYI.

Also, the barrel explosion and burn effect has been improved a lot.

Blah, I could go on, but the changes gets less and less importent in the length. 1.8 is actually full of fixes and other stuff, too.

I'm not sure whether or not to put this question in this thread or the Y2K3 as it pertains to both. Is there any way the FlashFX mod could be used at the same time with the Y2K3 mod? Thanks

Nope. Y2K3 has a config and FlashFX has a config. You cannot combine configs or Flashpoint will go nuts on you. However you can edit the config to combine them.

ok. 1.8 is released, it is awesome, but The water ripped up under plane doesnt work for me on 3rd party aircraft. Is it supposed to? rock.gif

It's alot harder then that. You could take a look at Pappy's tutorial and see if you can figure it out. It's hard to explain. I guess you would need to change the event handlers.

I love the new version great work!

I dunno about you guys, but the new effects kinda lag things up.

I target a convoy of trucks with a few squads around them with a SLAM from an A-6 and it lagged like hell when they all blew up.

The old one was fine for me, any chance of tweakin the new config to make it smoother?

The water ripping effect doesn't work for me too.And when i try to fly with su-25 it just says in a box : script.So i can't fly with su-25.

Should i know something?Or can you help me?

But i sure love this new pack.

I'm actually packing the mod right now, almost done, too. Goeth, let's not get into this right now. When time comes, we'll work this out.

Well when then?

You waited for proper time that you are all done, guys are all exited and you've already released the "modification"?

Cause now if we say no to your project, which we have would have done if it depends on me, it makes us look fuckfaces and idiots. Quite a nice plan, have to say.

Well was beta testing some units and had a fair number of intersting bugs pop up tonight, the dust scripts continuely ran on my CH46 anfd HC53 dispite they where shut down and empy on the beach. But I'm gonna fault the addon till the config is a bit more fleshed out. =P

Bear in mind its impossabelt get every thrid party addon to work under the mod everything was hevilly pushed on the defualt items on ofp. A lot of third party stuff get the effects due to inherting proporties on them.

su25.jpg

rock.gif  this is BIS Su25 (retextured by Silesian) and effects work fine if you fly BELOW 10m

i did get one bug, when i destroyed a LST, if said:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(alive _truck)|#|': Error alive: Type Bool, expected Object

but still, great work Nemesis smile_o.gif

Bonko the sane, thanks for bringing this up. This bug came up in my tests, too. But appearently, the bug originates from the EffectPack by Vitja3000. Still, the effect works if you just this setdamage 1 the ship, and that does generate some nice fireworks. Anyway, I'll see if I can do something about this bug.

About the lag when strafing convoys and stuff like that - I've noticed that, too. I'm just finishing, or compiling, a low-lag config right now. Hold on.

EDIT: Here is the low-lag config. The missle/tank crater dust has been reverted to the defaults, thus eliminating the lag you see with the ECP effects - http://geocities.com/facehugger96/Lowlagconfig.zip

Copy and paste the url into your browser, or right click and save destination as.

No what i ment was that in editor if you want to play with BIS su-25 the game won't even start.

Well, the other post was aimed at adrenaline red. As for you, try reading the bottom of the readme file. I think that might help.

Well that didn't help... And also i discovered that all BIS planes

don't work for now.