Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Let's toast with champagne biggrin_o.gif

In my PC works fine now!

Thank you for releasing the revolutionary effcets!

my pc stats:

Pentium 4 2.6GHz

radeon9000

1024MB RAM

Ok, I have another question:  Before this addon I liked the way that nights looked jsut fine, now I don't.  Both video cards I've had ( ATI 8500 + now 9800 pro 128mb )  displayed the nights quite black and white, which is awesome.  So I start this DXDLL and now everything has a color to it.  I remembered seeing an option to fiddle with in the configurator so I switched it and then my night looked better, but it seemed to really bring out faint purple-ish hues everywhere, especially in the distance.  Its as if everything looks really glazed-over or something.  I'm not sure how to explain.  Anybody else have this problem with getting nights to look the same as they always have??  Or should I post a screenshot.

This would be amazing if I could get it to work. I always hated the grainy night vision. None of the generations I've ever played with in the army are that bad.

The grainyness is still there, it just adds an effect over that where there's this nice ghosting to everything. I use the Y2K3 conversion mod which has it's own MUCH improved night vision, but because it's not the default NV this mod doesn't add the ghosting effect. I sitll prefer the newer NV from the Y2K3 mod though.

It worked in -twomon (halved my fps though), then my primary monitor died. This sucks. Btw, most monitors are only rated to work in 0-40deg. celsius. (that's up to ~100f for the rest of us.) I love the nvg fade, nobody else comes close. Thank you.

I did notice a little something though, one time, and one time only, when I opened nogova in the mission editor, the load bar stuck, but if I alt-tabbed and back, it had progressed, and when I alt-tabbed the third time, the mission editor was up.

My little boy will be named "Kegetys" and the girl "feersum" tounge_o.gif

Runs like a dream!

P4 2.4

1.5 Gig RAM

GF4 5700\256

Nice work lads!

So on a 6800 Ultra turning on post-processing turns off Anti-Aliasing, though the fuzzyness from the post-processing covers up alot of aliasing effects and looks awesome as it is. Just an FYI if it hasn't been mentioned already.

The grainyness is still there, it just adds an effect over that where there's this nice ghosting to everything.  I use the Y2K3 conversion mod which has it's own  MUCH improved night vision, but because it's not the default NV this mod doesn't add the ghosting effect.  I sitll prefer the newer NV from the Y2K3 mod though.

where do I find this?

ahhhh~~~ ahhhhh~~~

*running around like crazy*

thank you very much kegetys

ok, I want change my ATI RADEON 9200 SE (128mb) with a better graphics card. Which is the best graphics card?

what postprocessing's parameter has been modified between this picture and this?

ok, I want change my ATI RADEON 9200 SE (128mb) with a better graphics card. Which is the best graphics card?

what postprocessing's parameter has been modified between this picture and this?

The new 6800 Ultra from Nvidia is right now.

The best deal is the Radeon 9800, its one of the top 5 video cards on the market and its only 150 bucks at some places.

The grainyness is still there, it just adds an effect over that where there's this nice ghosting to everything. I use the Y2K3 conversion mod which has it's own MUCH improved night vision, but because it's not the default NV this mod doesn't add the ghosting effect. I sitll prefer the newer NV from the Y2K3 mod though.

where do I find this?

Or, try the WGL mod that also has new NVG's, I'm sure you'll love that what with all the U.S Army stuff, or the FDF mod which has the coolest NVG's.

Gordy, I noticed you have a Radeon 8500 also, does glare work for you? What drivers do you have?

edit: You can find WGL here, make sure to download the 4.11 patcher too.

Hi there Kegety's and feersum!   biggrin_o.gif

First I'd like to say that I love what you're doing here, as well as what you've done in the past for OFP and it's community.  smile_o.gif  

Kegety's, I know your additions are always sorely needed, highly original and amazing in general!   biggrin_o.gif

I installed DxDLL and the "Reflections, trilinear filtering, sharpen user interface and handle printscreen key" functions are working great but I found that I had to completely disable the postprocessing or else the entire screen would double, the main part I could see would be a blurry ghost and the other part is expanded and moved to the far bottom right.  Here's a screenshot:

http://home.earthlink.net/~asmodeus777/dxdll_bug.JPG

I checked your readme and I believe my pc meets the needs, I'm pretty sure my graphics card supports pixel shader 1.1 or up.  Also I tried just disabling certain things that may cause that like "disable postprocessing for map" and that had no effect on the problem seen in the above screenshot.  

My general specs are:

Radeon 9200 SE 128 MB, set to 4 x AGP (I know, it should be at 8, but it's not possible, long story)  crazy_o.gif

AMD Thoroughbred 2200+

ABIT AT7 Motherboard

Philips Acoustic Edge Soundcard ( crazy_o.gif )

512 MB DDR Ram (forgot what speed)

The reflections run very well in game except for a small blue line along the waterline, usually at high angles.  I haven't messed with the settings on reflections enough to see if I can fix that but I thought I'd mention it just in case. (actually you can see what I'm talking about in nbw6.jpg)

Also, here's some pics I took while having fun with this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~asmodeus777/nbw1.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~asmodeus777/nbw2.jpg

nbw3.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~asmodeus777/nbw5.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~asmodeus777/nbw6.jpg

I just love seeing the submarine or Col Klink's boat go underwater and seeing the reflection.  Not to mention all the stuff I haven't sunk or crashed or driven around in yet!   biggrin_o.gif  

Thanks to both of you for bringing a new experience to the community and for revitalizing the graphics in OFP!  

Asmo

Anyone have a "most realistic-looking" list of settings I can try out?

"Most realistic" is propably quite subjective, but I keep the postprocessing settings at:

hard light: 0.5, 0.5, 0.9

desaturation: 0.2, 0.4, 0.2

glare strength 0.4 and size 4, darken sky on, 32bit glare on.

Playing on 1448x1088 resolution with 16bit color. As the glare makes things quite bright I decreased the brightness settings from ofp video options a bit to compensate (brightness 1.0 and gamma 1.3) and it looks very good to me... Those are also the settings used in my screenshots.

Superb job Feersum and Kegetys smile_o.gif

I don't mind people posting screenshots of how it looks on their systems but leave them unedited please (beyond size/brightness), there are enough questions in here that can be solved with a little thought/effort without a bunch of "why doesn't it look like that for me", save the edited screenshots for the photography thread smile_o.gif

HELP

waterisnt reflecticng on my ofp?

but other effects like NVG fade work

the options are enable for water reflections but they dont work

my specs:

p4 2800

ati radeon 9000 mobility 64mb

60gig

512 mb ram

ofp settings

1152x864

32bit color depth

ht wl on

multi texturing on

the water still looks same

any help?

works with llauma sky, but u need to use the original bis water.

I raised my water level reflections to 25 (normal is 20) and now i see reflection of LST smile_o.gif but i still cant find a way to make the Nimitz show up in reflections, only the middle section appears :\

WOOHOO!! biggrin_o.gif

next thep sill include vertex shaded fires and heat distortion i hope biggrin_o.gif and scope flares , of maybe even be able to see trough scopes!!

KEGETYS WE LOVE YOU!!!

I raised my water level reflections to 25 (normal is 20) and now i see reflection of LST  smile_o.gif  but i still cant find a way to make the Nimitz show up in reflections, only the middle section appears :\

That was my first thought, too, the nimitz smile_o.gif

it's only the bridge which shows up... wink_o.gif

This is absolutely fantastic. OFP is now such totally different game, so realistic. I like it very much really amazing work you´ve done Kegetys, You are the best!  smile_o.gif

go too llauma directory and open newdata directory

remove the watertexture desta.01.paa , desta.02.paa ,desta.03.paa , desta.04.paa

more_anim.01.pac , more_anim.02.pac , more_anim.03.pac , more_anim.04.pac , more_anim.05.pac , more_anim.06.pac , more_anim.07.pac

and do the install.bat again in llauma directory

go look www.eddyd.be