Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

very cool looking screens about the mod! But i can't get to have the water reflections. Can it have something to do when im using custom water textures? Some islands i get regular water textures and on nogova i got black textures that looked like oil. fps drops more frequently and the sand textures gets all white and very stunning for my eyes to look at. My hardware is geforce 4 mx 128 mb second edition card , latest drivers, 512 mb ram, 2.0 amd xp processor.Only thing working right now is the Fps stats and its a good thing to have so i know how bad my geforce 4 mx se card is  tounge_o.gif

im gonna get a geforce 4 ti 4200 or 4400 in 2 days so then i'll reinstall ofp so i can play with these Fx on  wink_o.gif

I put the DXDLL folder and D3D8.dll into my flashpoint directory went into the dxdll folder and click on configuration and did all that stuff and the clicked on flashpoint resistance and the my comp restarted why why?

Now, I will go off topic for a while to remind U sth. Just one post.

Remember High Poly weapons? How is it different from this addon? Still >90% of PC will accept this wonderful thing with major difficulties. U must admit. It is nice to have a progress, isn't it. It is nice to say "it's wonderfull", "I love U Kegety", and so on and so on.

"I can't use it but it's wonderfull". Can't U people keep this atitude, always? On all threads? I wish u could.

I got 27 FPS running around Zinaba with my TSF team biggrin_o.gif . This is a jaw-droppingly good addon.

Feer and Kegetys, Thank you.

Quite possibly the most amazing addon EVER to OFP. I can't believe I'm playing the same game. Ultra Supreme Kudos.

Question for you good folks. I notice that there is an entry in the config for "Enhanced Tracers". It seems it isn't working yet (might be why it isn't mentioned in the configurator), but I'd love to know what sort of effects are planned for tracers as I have a love/hate relationship with them in OFP. (too 'laserlike' and need to be every 5 rounds or so... not every). Thanks in advance for any info provided on this subject!!

For those who are wondering whether their video cards support Pixel Shader 1.1, DX8, etc.... here we go:

-- These DO NOT support DX8 (e.g. Pixel Shader 1.1) features--

GeForce 1 series (256, DDR)

GeForce 2 series (MX, GTS, Pro, Ultra)

GeForce 4 MX series

Radeon (anything less than 8500)

Great stuff fellas. <tip hat>

.:iX

Quote[/b] ]Radeon (anything less than 8500)

I'm glad I got my computer late enough to get a 9800 tounge_o.gif .

shut up.

I got 8500. sad_o.gif

Now i need to find a way to install Lauma's hisky2 without Silesian's water textures, any sugestions?

yeah, run llaumax installer after you take out the moreanim.pac's that are inside the newdata folder smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I got 8500.

So you should be able to run it tounge_o.gif . The guys you should feel sorry for are the ones with 8400s crazy_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]I got 8500.

So you should be able to run it tounge_o.gif . The guys you should feel sorry for are the ones with 8400s crazy_o.gif .

Yep, there is a difference between "able to run" and "run" though.

I'll keep it for the future.

The water used to be ugly and deadly, but now it is a beautyfull ocean of death, we know it is going to kill us but it looks so irresistible that we get in anyway tounge_o.gif .

Question for you good folks. I notice that there is an entry in the config for "Enhanced Tracers". It seems it isn't working yet (might be why it isn't mentioned in the configurator), but I'd love to know what sort of effects are planned for tracers as I have a love/hate relationship with them in OFP. (too 'laserlike' and need to be every 5 rounds or so... not every). Thanks in advance for any info provided on this subject!!

They're supposed to be brighter and shorter but it never really worked that well, OFP just doesn't even try to render them if  you're farther than approx. 200m away and some beta testers reported weird bugs associated with them, so they're disabled in config tool. They do work ingame though if you enable them.

The water used to be ugly and deadly, but now it is a beautyfull ocean of death, we know it is going to kill us but it looks so irresistible that we get in anyway tounge_o.gif .

Yeah, I already flew a plane into the water while admiring the reflection. biggrin_o.gif

shut up.

I got 8500.  sad_o.gif

Gordy, do you have the latest drivers (4.7 Catalyst's) installed?

Radeon 8500's support rudimentary DX8 features and should, in theory, be able to handle it.

shut up.

I got 8500.  sad_o.gif

Gordy, do you have the latest drivers (4.7 Catalyst's) installed?

Radeon 8500's support rudimentary DX8 features and should, in theory, be able to handle it.

I like theory. It's nice and shiny.

No worry man. biggrin_o.gif I am happy it came out. It's nice to see a fav game evolve so much.

* Picks jaw up of the floor

Stunning work Kegetys and Feer, absolutely stunning.

Tim

shut up.

I got 8500.  sad_o.gif

I got a 9800 Pro w/ 512 mb DDR onboard... they don't make 'em like that anymore, eheheh... biggrin_o.gif

(Oh and the rest of the stuff: 1gb DDR 333mhz, Asus A7N8X Deluxe, and Althon XP 2400+).

Guess OFP is taken to a higher level also on the minimum requirements... though I must admit I have hardly seen a hit on the framerate...

BUZZARD @ July 13 2004,02:18)]

shut up.

I got 8500.  sad_o.gif

I got a 9800 Pro w/ 512 mb DDR onboard... they don't make 'em like that anymore, eheheh... biggrin_o.gif

(Oh and the rest of the stuff: 1gb DDR 333mhz, Asus A7N8X Deluxe, and Althon XP 2400+).

Guess OFP is taken to a higher level also on the minimum requirements... though I must admit I have hardly seen a hit on the framerate...

are u wet now? Does it turn u on?

biggrin_o.gif

just Kidding. wink_o.gif

i cant see the reflective water. Also, when i turn on the post processing and i go to start up the game, it goes to back, acts like its about to start, then jumps back to the desktop!!!!?!?!?  oh ya i put the dxdll folder and the d3d8.dll file in my ofp root directory.  I have a:

Quote[/b] ]AMD Athlon XP 1600+ Pro

Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 Video Card

500 mb ram

So...what is my problem Mr.'s all ya guys trouble problem solving people lol!

Fantastic work! It runs pretty good on my old comp with no major fps drops, at most it drops about 5-10 frames due to the reflective water. Averange fps on Everon is around 25-30 @ 1024x768x32 HW TL with reflective water enabled.

Comp spec

AMD XP1600+

512 MB 2100

Radeon 9600 256 MB Catalyst 4.4

DirectX 9.0b

patrol.jpg

Thx alot for this killer mod! biggrin_o.gif

@bmgarcangel

Quote[/b] ]-- These DO NOT support DX8 (e.g. Pixel Shader 1.1) features--

GeForce 1 series (256, DDR)

GeForce 2 series (MX, GTS, Pro, Ultra)

GeForce 4 MX series