Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Has any one figured out why at about 15 sec. in to a map the textures go very bright? this makes desert maps look like winter, almost completly white. i have tried every setting but no dice...could this be a conflict with custom water/ sky textures i am using? any help would be nice.

Keg and Feer, I know you've heard it before but I have to say it too:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>You guys are awesome!</span> smile_o.gif

I've allmost managed to get the colour-balance I want. Only problem is it gets a bit too dark during night.

But my main concern is the water-reflection. It looks sweet, but it also chokes my computer. When the reflection is off I get 45fps. The moment I turn it on it drops to 3-5 fps and stays there untill I turn it off.

Any ideas or suggestions how I should configure it?

I'm running the default water-reflection settings at the moment.

P-IV 3GHz, 2GB DDR-400, GF4TI4600 (60.72), winxp.

Hopefully my new vid-card will handle it better (received a 6800GT today, but it was'nt the Gainward Golden Sample I ordered sad_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]But my main concern is the water-reflection. It looks sweet, but it also chokes my computer. When the reflection is off I get 45fps. The moment I turn it on it drops to 3-5 fps and stays there untill I turn it off.

Any ideas or suggestions how I should configure it?

Try to lower the land and/or special effects res in Resistance configuration.

But my main concern is the water-reflection. It looks sweet, but it also chokes my computer. When the reflection is off I get 45fps. The moment I turn it on it drops to 3-5 fps and stays there untill I turn it off.

P-IV 3GHz, 2GB DDR-400, GF4TI4600 (60.72), winxp.

Try disabling anti-aliasing if you have it turned on, it will hit frame rate considerably without any quality improvements as postprocess filter is just incompatible with AA. Turning off anisotropic filterin might help too, though GF 4600 should be more than enough to run this. If nothing else helps, run OFP in 16-bit mode but turn on option "Force 32 bit postprocess" or whateve it was called in configurator.

Simply astonishing! biggrin_o.gifblues.gif

Only problem is that reflecting water doesnt work with my Geforce3 Ti200 sad_o.gif

Oh well, it would probably be a helluva lagfest with this rigg anyway. Other effects work perfectly with pretty stable 25-35 fps.

Specs

1.4 Ghz AMD Athlon Thunderbird

Geforce 3 Ti200 (Latest Omega Drivers)

768MB

Quote[/b] ]postprocess filter is just incompatible with AA

Why is that, anyway?

Look at the last pic on this page of the official site of VBS1

http://www.virtualbattlespace.com

Does VBS1 support dxdll1.0 or is it standard?

Im sure someone would have mentioned if VBS1 had reflective water, ive read alot of user reviews/coments on VBS1 after its release and nobody mentioned that.

Word is BIA is paying for some quality user made content/addons, maybe they will sell another data disk with DXDLL stuff and charge another fifty or 100€ for it, or maybe they are using has fake advertising mad_o.gif .

think thats the kegetys thing... the pic are kinda new on that page

think thats the kegetys thing...  the pic are kinda new on that page

It is, DXDLL is VBS1 compatible and VBS1 uses diferent water textures so i guess Keg and Feer could be getting some well deserved €€€ from BIA, congrats guys (assuming i am right about this) smile_o.gif .

edit: ...but they still released it for us ordinary OPF people too. Thank you.

HELP ME

the options are enable for water reflections but they dont work

AMD ATHLON 700

GEFORCE 2 64mb

256 mb ram

ofp settings

1280x1024

32bit color depth

ht wl on

multi texturing on

Im sure someone would have mentioned if VBS1 had reflective water, ive read alot of user reviews/coments on VBS1 after its release and nobody mentioned that.

VBS is using just basic OFP gfx engine so DXDLL works fine just by using different water texture checksums.

Word is BIA is paying for some quality user made content/addons, maybe they will sell another data disk with DXDLL stuff and charge another fifty or 100€ for it, or maybe they are using has fake advertising mad_o.gif .

Look here before you get angry blues.gif

HELP ME

the options are enable for water reflections but they dont work

AMD ATHLON  700

GEFORCE 2 64mb

256 mb ram

ofp settings

1280x1024

32bit color depth

ht wl on

multi texturing on

I don't think your video card is compatible since it also doesn't work with GEFORCE 4 MX440, and they are kind of the same wink_o.gif

Try to lower the land and/or special effects res in Resistance configuration.

Please no sad_o.gif

I love it on max with high terrain and 1600m

Quote[/b] ]Try disabling anti-aliasing if you have it turned on, it will hit frame rate considerably without any quality improvements as postprocess filter is just incompatible with AA. Turning off anisotropic filterin might help too, though GF 4600 should be more than enough to run this. If nothing else helps, run OFP in 16-bit mode but turn on option "Force 32 bit postprocess" or whateve it was called in configurator.

I never have AA and AA enabled.

You were right. Setting OFP colour-depth down to 16b solved my fps-issue.

Thank you for renewing my OFP-experience, guys smile_o.gif

I still have a hard time finding the perfect balance between night and day regarding the colours. At the moment I have hard light on 0,6 0,6 and 0,6. Desaturate desabled. Glare strength on 0,4 and size on 5. I like this setting alot during day, but I find it a bit too dark during night. One solution is to increase hard light during night, but it would be nice if I found a good blend of settings that work good both during night and day.

It is, DXDLL is VBS1 compatible and VBS1 uses diferent water textures so i guess Keg and Feer could be getting some well deserved rock.gif from BIA, congrats guys (assuming i am right about this) smile_o.gif .

edit: ...but they still released it for us ordinary OPF people too. Thank you.

No, you're wrong, I don't even have VBS myself and as far as I know BIA is not bundling DXDLL with VBS or charging any extra money for it. And I haven't gotten any money lately except from my mom biggrin_o.gif

just as curiosity, and if the mods dont mind this being brought up, but how on earth did u guys come up with this? i mean, how did u realise it could be done? to me id plain think it was impossible because of the game engine...

Tis sweet mod, and I ain't talking about my forever WIP AH-64D biggrin_o.gif

sweet.jpg

is there anyway I can get this to work on my computer?

2.4 ghz

1024 mb sdram

64mb sdram Nvidia Geforce4 MX420

Help would really be appreciated

no desatnik, ur video card does not support pixel shaders sad_o.gif

is there anyway I can get this to work on my computer?

2.4 ghz

1024 mb sdram

64mb sdram Nvidia Geforce4 MX420

Help would really be appreciated

As has been said before, MX-cards don't support shaders.

You'll need atleast GF3 for the colour-effects as they are shaders. The water-reflection is bumpmapping. Assuming you're card handles it, I don't think you'd get a playable frame-rate. I noticed the reflections took a good 6-7 frames off for me.

No, you're wrong, I don't even have VBS myself and as far as I know BIA is not bundling DXDLL with VBS or charging any extra money for it. And I haven't gotten any money lately except from my mom biggrin_o.gif

Sad to hear, your knowledge on software development goes a lot further than creating units for OPF or so it seems, still i find it strange that DXDLL works in VBS1's water wich looks diferent from the one in OPF unless it was meant to be compatible wink_o.gif . I also find strange for BIA to advertise their simulation engine with something that doesnt come with the product and is made by comunity modders that are not on the payrole (unfortunetly) wink_o.gif .

From the readme:

Quote[/b] ]You are permitted to install and use this software for

personal entertainment purposes only. Any commercial,

military or educational use is strictly forbidden without

permission from the authors.

Does this mean that if the USMC or any other military institutions decide to use DXDLL in VBS1 they will need your kind permission, im imagining the two of you forbiding the military from using reflective water, etc biggrin_o.gif ...

edit: Yes, yes i will drop the subject before the moderators atack me with lethal fire or something crazy_o.gif ...

Does this mean that if the USMC or any other military institutions decide to use DXDLL in VBS1 they will need your kind permission, im imagining the two of you forbiding the military from using reflective water, etc biggrin_o.gif ...

edit: Yes, yes i will drop the subject before the moderators atack me with lethal fire or something crazy_o.gif ...

It is completely up to the authors to answer that, but if they don't answer, that is their choice.

...and this is'nt the VBS-forum so please keep VBS out of here smile_o.gif

It does NOT work on my computer sad_o.gif

When I have turned on FunctionButton+K I've got white water (totaly - like there was no texture or sth).

If I don't push FunctionButton+P I would not be able to play. On my screen there is a double screen, second is very big. Everyting is very blured :-(