Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Does this mean that, with a suitable checksum generated and

inserted into a table somewhere, _any_ texture could be

made reflective?

You can however make it work with custom water textures if they have same number of animated textures and someone hex edits the .dll to have new checksums.

Which textures do you check and what checksum do you use? CRC? MD5? SHA? Something else? And which files? more_anim.0x.pac only or something else?

It would be really cool if this dll could be run with just any water.

Most things work fine for me except postprocessing and reflective water. When I enable postprocessing I get to the desktop and reflective water just doesn't work.

Other things work fine  sad_o.gif

System specs:

Athlon XP 1800+

Geforce 4 MX440 (probably the problem)

256 MB DDR RAM

Geforce 4 MX440 is the problem as I am in the same boat.  sad_o.gif

Still waiting for OFP2 to upgrade. Prob need a new motherboard as I have a PlatiniX 2.

Geforce 4 MX440 is the problem as I am in the same boat.  sad_o.gif

Still waiting for OFP2 to upgrade. Prob need a new motherboard as I have a PlatiniX 2.

Damn, maybe head over to the computer store this week crazy_o.gif

Very nice work Kegetys and Feersum. Works flawlesly.

My internet PC (the weaker):

AMD XP1800

512 ddr 2700

GF Ti 4400

Running around will give 50 fps

a big battle will give >25 fps which is just on the border of noticeable;

by big I mean hordes(150+) of spawned infantry and some APC's.

I intentionally didn't include a body remover just for the sake of testing and after 10 mins my FPS was down to 15 which is completely unacceptable; with body remover it was dropping too but slower

My "editing" PC:

AMD XP 2600=>Overclocked to Pentium 2.4GHz speed

1024 ddr 2700

GF Ti 4600

Running around gives 60-80 fps

a big battle will give >35 fps which is still playable;

same conditions as above.

The purpose of this post is not to brag, it's just to give out reference!!!

Which textures do you check and what checksum do you use? CRC? MD5? SHA? Something else? And which files? more_anim.0x.pac only or something else?

It does a CRC check on all texture level 0 mimaps, though only for 1/4 of the whole texture. For water textures, all the seven water textures are checked and required to be recognised for it to work.

Quote[/b] ]It would be really cool if this dll could be run with just any water.

It would be quite hard, if not impossible, to recognise the water rendering reliably without using the textures as a reference... Of course it would be possible to put the CRC's into the config file but that might require some changes on the dll's internals. An easier, and maybe even more comfortable way could be to include a texture override function in the DLL that can be used to load any water textures without editing the data.pbo (maybe also sky textures).

awsome work as always ketegys! u´ve done ofp into another game, ones again!

now the only question, have BIS asked you to work on ofp2? and if they have what was the response from you ;)?

would be really good to have a guy like yourself in the ofp2 team!, it would be the crowning touch ;)

/RaptoR from Sweden!

Nice work but I got the same problem with the dammed GeForce4 MX440 on my old comp on my new comp using Geforce 5600 works like a charm but I want it to work on my old comp too sucky GeForce4 MX440 but I am going to buy a Geforce 6800 for my new comp this saturday than the old Geforce 5600 goes into old comp biggrin_o.gif

And I get on 2 comp of mine everything worked wink_o.gif

Thanks to OFP Grandmaster=Kegetys OFP gets now into a new dimension wink_o.gif

can some pleses help i cant get this 2 work and i dont get the readme cand some tell were to put the stuff and how 2 get it 2 work

can some pleses help i cant get this 2 work and i dont get the readme cand some tell were to put the stuff and how 2 get it 2 work

Extract the archive and move the DXDLL-directory and the d3d8.dll under the main directory of OFP.

It works great on my system.

fps around 30- 35 with a ATI radion 9600 265Mb

One thing...

when I take screenshots , the tga's are always 20%-30% darker than ingame. Why is that?

when I take screenshots , the tga's are always 20%-30% darker than ingame. Why is that?

Gamma adjustment is hardware feature which does not affect screenshots. You need to apply gamma in your favourite image editing software.

It does a CRC check on all texture level 0 mimaps, though only for 1/4 of the whole texture. For water textures, all the seven water textures are checked and required to be recognised for it to work.

So if i wanted to run it with the water textures from status_cz i would have to edit the dll, right? How would i go about that? Run CRC on the first quarter of the new textures and put the sum where? I will try to do this to the original water when i am at home and see if i can find that value, but if you answer before that i will probably make less mistakes wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]It would be really cool if this dll could be run with just any water.

It would be quite hard, if not impossible, to recognise the water rendering reliably without using the textures as a reference... Of course it would be possible to put the CRC's into the config file but that might require some changes on the dll's internals. An easier, and maybe even more comfortable way could be to include a texture override function in the DLL that can be used to load any water textures without editing the data.pbo (maybe also sky textures).

Actually, i noticed while looking into the dll that it checks for 3 sky textures too?!? Am i missing something when i am using a modified sky? Would i have to change that crc too? Which 3 files do get checked?

This tool works nicely for bulk picture conversion for those of us that don't have PS or PSP.

Shall I buy a Geforce 6800 or ATI radion 9800 rock.gif

What card gives some good FPS rock.gif

Can somone send me BIS water addon thing whatever it's called

I love you guys that made this incredible mod!!! I have new geforce 4 ti 4600 installed now and btw does anyone want to buy a geforc 4 mx cheap? biggrin_o.gif

My new card is so fantastic, it shows all the water reflections and all smile_o.gif its fantastic everything, a whole new experience and all. this is the biggest thing to hit ofp since the Ecp mod came out. anyone know when next version will come out?

Nothing short of amazing, Kegetys.

Everything is working fine at 100% on this computer smile_o.gif

Why have'nt BIS hired you yet tounge_o.gif

Can somone send me BIS water addon thing whatever it's called

BIS water isn't and addon... ermm.. its the water that came with the game...

Um unless someone has said this already but if you use custom water ie llama sky and that the reflections won't work hisky sky is fine but man i played those BIS merc units and its like a whole new game with this tool key Kegetys you rule smile_o.gif