Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Still no help I am going over 2 days to buy a new video card what is a better video card a Geforce 6800 or a Ati 9800 pro rock.gif

Would the effects run on a
Quote[/b] ]NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 XT

pls tell me cos i might be getting one smile_o.gif

Most likely because it has pixel shaders and everything but I don't know for sure.  smile_o.gif

Now I've changed the watertextures to the original ones. All the effects work fine. But the reflections still don't work mad_o.gif ! I think that's not because of my machine (1,4 GHz AMD Athlon XP, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 512 MB RAM). I can't find a reason so I think I have to do without this effects.

Now I've changed the watertextures to the original ones. All the effects work fine. But the reflections still don't work  mad_o.gif  ! I think that's not because of my machine (1,4 GHz AMD Athlon XP, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 512 MB RAM). I can't find a reason so I think I have to do without this effects.

which driver version are you using ?

I'am running it on 56.64 and don't have any problems on my Athlon XP 2.2 GHz + A7N8X Mobo + GF4 TI 4200 + 512MB

BTW:

This DXDLL turned off my AntiAliasing settings. It is still set to 2x in Omega drivers, but game doesnt use it...

I have 2500+, 1024mb DDR PC-2700, FX-5900SE etc etc..

it should be working with the reflections but it's not, odd..

This is strange. I just upgraded from GF4TI4600 to GF6800GT and I see no improvement when dxdll is enabled from yesterday. My ofp all in all is also pretty much the same, but's because the bottleneck is the cpu (p-iv 3ghz).

I thought the shaders in dxdll was all graphics-card dependant  crazy_o.gif

But obviously the card works. I get an avg 60-90 fps in FarCry 1280x1024 everything on max (130-160fps when inside).

Now I've changed the watertextures to the original ones. All the effects work fine. But the reflections still don't work  mad_o.gif  ! I think that's not because of my machine (1,4 GHz AMD Athlon XP, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 512 MB RAM). I can't find a reason so I think I have to do without this effects.

Oh c'mon, read the readme or search the thread, im sure that if one ti 4200 can run this all others can too, be sure to have HT&L ans multitexturing on and to set all your resolutions above 512x512 in OPF preferences smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]

Still no help I am going over 2 days to buy a new video card what is a better video card a Geforce 6800 or a Ati 9800 pro

It might depend on how much €€ yer willing to spend or have, if you got plenty i would recomend the 6800 because not only of high performer but because of more reliable  software (drivers wink_o.gif ), i think i read somewhere that you need an 400W+ psu to run this card though, if you want to spend less go with the ati although you may run into problems running OPF, atleast many people do smile_o.gif .

[mg]http://img25.exs.cx/img25/4711/dxdshot1089761188.jpg[/img]

Beautiful, this is my regular settings.

What boat addons is this and where can i get it ? thanks!

Nétiuóuker vc por aki.. haha  wink_o.gif

PS. é o Spetsnaz

<span id='ME'><center>placebo slaps MaximoPoder, remove image tags when quoting images please.</center></span>

<span id='ME'><center>placebo slaps MaximoPoder, remove image tags when quoting images please.</center></span>

SORRY heheheeh wink_o.gif

I forgot it! next time i wont

BTW:

This DXDLL turned off my AntiAliasing settings. It is still set to 2x in Omega drivers, but game doesnt use it...

Postprocessing isn't compatible with antialiasing!

i think i read somewhere that you need an 400W+ psu to run this card though

No, that was when the card had just been promoted.

Afterwards they said they were referring to the typical hardware-geek with lots of other devices in their PCs (considering the card was so hi-end only "geeks" would buy it).

They now recomend a "good" 350w supply for the 6800Ultra.

But this is kinda O-T.

All the textures in OFP preferences are set to 1024x1024, HT&L and multitexturing are both on. This s***s! Now I'm going to take the "old" watertextures... and I can play!

Just found the time to test this out.

I am speechless! Can't believe what I am seeing, this is absolutly AMAZING!!!

Reflective1.jpg

Thx for that unbelievable masterpiece!

MfG Lee wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif

PIC1.jpg

I keep on getting this problem, although it's probably due to my cheap graphics card not being compatible.

P4 1.6ghz, 480mb RAM, SiS 650_651_M650_740

This is strange. I just upgraded from GF4TI4600 to GF6800GT and I see no improvement when dxdll is enabled from yesterday. My ofp all in all is also pretty much the same, but's because the bottleneck is the cpu (p-iv 3ghz).

I thought the shaders in dxdll was all graphics-card dependant crazy_o.gif

Well what did you expect, either it works or it doesn't. smile_o.gif

@Jmaster33, that depends on your system, otherwise you wouldn't be able to change the settings to suit your needs, would you? wink_o.gif

@Badlymad, that integrated card is far from having any kind of shader support, I'm surprised you can run OFP well with it. smile_o.gif

im just wondering if you can get lights on the NVG to go bright do you think you could get Infa-red Goggles.. tounge_o.gif

Amd athlon 2500+,GF FX5700 256mb 8Xagp, 512 pc3200 DDR RAM, runs very nice alot of people with gf4ti4200 here :/ hehe so much fun with this now smile_o.gif.

So has anyone found what seems to be ideal settings for this?

i like these settings:

d3d8dll.jpg

gives a nice fading effect when using nv but stays almost normal with good contrast at daytime (with no fading), perfect for me

sample:

apache.jpg

dxnv1.jpg

only remaining problems for me are

a: i need a better screen to compensate the killed aa by setting the resolution to 1600x1200

b: want to have the fdf nvg´s in my llauma folder, does anyone know where the tex´s hide  rock.gif

I must say, this is one hell of a fantastic ingame enhancement.

Well done Kegetys! *Salutes*

I ponder what wonders you will do with OFP2...