Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

DXDLL 1.0 (not Geforce MX compatible)

Now i need to find a way to install Lauma's hisky2 without Silesian's water textures, any sugestions?

yeah, run llaumax installer after you take out the moreanim.pac's that are inside the newdata folder smile_o.gif

Already did, i removed all the moreanim.pac's and the stars thingy and it CTD after the splash screen sad_o.gif , I dont know what went wrong maybe these are not compatible? Anyone got Llaumax sky runing with the DXDLL please drop me a hint has i would like to have Llauma's latest sky and DXDLL runing at the same time  smile_o.gif .

I also wonder if there is a *cough*very user friendly *cough* way of making the reflective water work with other water packs like Silesians, Status_cz, etc...

EDIT: I got it working on my second try, i problably missed one of the 7 moreanim.pac's or maybe it was because i removed the stars. Result: Llaumas sky2+DXDLL=Woot biggrin_o.gif .

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz......great work kegetys.....i love the pictures lol smile_o.gif

So does this mean....non of this special shit will work on my fricken computer!!!!  I"M GONNA HAVE A FIT MAN!!

EDITED

Whats pixel shader anyhow?

This looks simply awesome on my 6800 Ultra.  Like FarCry's Paradise render mode.  LOVE IT!!   =)

[edit] To the best of my knowledge, pixel shaders are like hardware implemented err... "widgets" that can execute special code for advanced rendering effects.  The first card to have them was the GeForce 3, and to my knowledge there have been Shaders version 1.1 (don't know if anyone had 1.0), 2.0, and 3.0 on various cards.  Each with more advanced abilities in executing said code. These go hand in hand with Vertex Shaders which you may hear about from time to time as well.

Someone with better knowledge could do a better job at explaining them I'm sure.

I see....so then is there any chance though with me Geforce2 card that i can see some new and improved ofp?

I'm affraid not.  sad_o.gif  There's no way to emulate them (or if there is it's extriemly slow).

Also if anyone is suddenly considering upgrading their card, keep in mind that GeForce 3 *MX* cards DO NOT HAVE Pixel Shaders. I saw someone on a Silent Hill forum get burned because he upgraded to an MX thinking he would be able to play SH3.

I'm affraid not.  sad_o.gif  There's no way to emulate them (or if there is it's extriemly slow).

Also if anyone is suddenly considering upgrading their card, keep in mind that GeForce 3 *MX* cards DO NOT HAVE Pixel Shaders.

You might have these confused.

There was a GeForce 2 MX and a GeForce 4 MX..A GeForce4MX = GeForce2 on Steroids. That's it.

Anything in the GeForce 3 (there was no MX) series supports full DX8 functionality.

BTW, kudos to Nvidia for the stellar naming convention and making things "easy to understand". <drip sarcasm>

I wonder if it is possible to make the water "shine" like Comanche4/BHD water does? I know they use pixel shadders for that rock.gif , hmmm...

From what I've heard and from personal experience your best bet for a decent card (mid-range) is the ATI 128MB 9600 pro. If you can afford a little more you can get the 9800 pro *OEM* for just a jiffy more.

Who would have though ofp could look so damn good than from the old CWC days...(not that it looked bad then tounge_o.gif ).

So does this mean....non of this special shit will work on my fricken computer!!!!  I"M GONNA HAVE A FIT MAN!!

Some Cheap cards (that will run this and other DX8/9 stuff)

Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB -- $123.99

GeForce FX 5700 128MB -- $99

GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB -- $71

Any of these cards would be more than sufficient. And none of them break the bank (relatively speaking). I'm afraid your upgrade time has come.

.:iX

What is the main difference between a 9600 Pro 256mb and a 9800 Pro 256mb?

Hmmm... there is something who seems wrong in my eyes... its not the wter or something.. its some of the effects, that my eyes aint really Comfy with.. I think its "weird" looking at ofp.. I mean.. my eyes arent comfy at the..ehh.. "look" Might be the hard light thing.. not sure.. but its something who doesent seems right...

9800pro@xt

2500+@2.36ghz

512 ddr pc 2700

Great job Kegetys and friend! Best thing out of Finland since either the Nokia cellphone or the Valmet assault rifle, take your pick.

And is it me, or does Ground Attack! actually look MORE 3-dimensional as I fly around, now? And is there any possibility that the dxdll can INCREASE frame rates, because I swear that playing Ground Attack! is smoother with dxdll running than without.

Great, great, work. OFP's water was one of the most embarrassing things about the game, graphically-speaking. Not anymore! biggrin_o.gif Now we need have no shame in making our OFP movies.

Anyone have a "most realistic-looking" list of settings I can try out?

I'm saving a movie I made of the effects, right now.

What is the main difference between a 9600 Pro 256mb and a 9800 Pro 256mb?

double the pipelines

+

double the memory bandwidth

=

Roughly double the performance

If you can afford the ~$200 (and power supply requirements) for a 9800 pro, go for it.

My only complaints are with the lack of aliasing on some objects, especialy the edges of buildings (even though I'm set at 4X FSAA).  I have Glare Strength all the way down and it's just as "edgy".  

Also Id love to see reflections on the llaumex mod's water smile_o.gif  (oddly enough the bump mapping on the water seems to be there)

BTW Sorry I was thinking of the Geforce 4MX which is actualy based on Geforce 2 tech.

Edit: I had a 9800 Pro, it was awesome. Keep in mind there's more then one version of 9800 pro's out there now.

Edit Edit: For more realism try this...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=38262

Thankyou-thankyou-thankyou for the mirrors..

Keg & Feersum- AbsoFrikinLutely amazing blues.gif! This proves it to me.  OFP has **hands-down** THE MOST RESOURCEFUL, DEDICATED AND SKILLED COMMUNITY in... Shit, I don't even know what catagory it could be put in..  Why don't you guys all just get together and make OFP 2?? (ya know you could do it ) tounge_o.gif

Scrub (did I mention I like it?)

Nevermind there's a work around for the water in Llaumax'es sky mod 2 or so pages back in this thread. SWEETNESS. smile_o.gif

Hmmm... there is something who seems wrong in my eyes... its not the wter or something.. its some of the effects, that my eyes aint really Comfy with.. I think its "weird" looking at ofp.. I mean.. my eyes arent comfy at the..ehh.. "look"  Might be the hard light thing.. not sure.. but its something who doesent seems right...

9800pro@xt

2500+@2.36ghz

512 ddr pc 2700

Fixed by taking off glare or what it was.. Now its ace biggrin_o.gif

well a buddy is gonna sell me a nice GF4 TI4200 smile_o.gif so it wont be long before i can enjoy reflective water. . .

but one thing is i REALLY like the other features i can use now. . the fps counter, the screenshot taker, those features are REALLY helpful for me. and until i get the new card. . those features are very nice. . .

and to think. . .if you like reflective waters. . the USCG mod will be making a release in a week and you will have all the water based addons your lil HD's can handel biggrin_o.gif

i get the bumpmap but not the reflections. im using the default textures and have the resistance textures set to max.

could someone share me what their settings are?

This is truly an historic moment!!!! This freakin rocks!!!!!!! WOOT!! But I have a question:

The first thing I noticed when I fired 'er up was that the "THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES....." text and all text thereafter appeared blurry around the edges. Is this normal? Is there some setting I should be changing to sharpen it? (I don't understand much of this graphics lingo) If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll try and post a screenshot. My specs are a P4 2.0 GHZ, 1GB ddr ram, ATI RADEON 9800 128MB, cat 4.6, win xp. I found out too late my board only supports 4X instead of the 8X that the 9800 supports but I've noticed a big improvement anyways over my 8500 LE.

Anyways, this is awesome thank you!

This is truly an historic moment!!!!  This freakin rocks!!!!!!!  WOOT!!  But I have a question:

The first thing I noticed when I fired 'er up was that the "THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES....."  text and all text thereafter appeared blurry around the edges.  Is this normal?  Is there some setting I should be changing to sharpen it? (I don't understand much of this graphics lingo)  If you don't know what I'm talking about I'll try and post a screenshot.  My specs are a P4 2.0 GHZ, 1GB ddr ram, ATI RADEON 9800 128MB, cat 4.6, win xp.  I found out too late my board only supports 4X instead of the 8X that the 9800 supports but I've noticed a big improvement anyways over my 8500 LE.

Anyways, this is awesome thank you!

had the same-- take OFF Glare. then its normal wink_o.gif

It runs suprisingly well.

I remember you said it would run bad on a Radeon card.

It runs great on my

Radeon 9800

Athlong XP 3000+

1.5 GB 2100 DDR ram

Like 80-60 FPS when you are just running around looking at stuff.

When you have like 6 squads fighting it goes down to 25-40 FPS.

to tell you the truth, I dont notice a big FPS dive at all.

Very cool stuff.