Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Nogova 2004 released!

Finally after some trouble (my usual host is transferring their servers) I present you Nogova 2004.

Nogova 2004 (5,6 MB):

Mirror 1: Apollo

Mirror 2: Revellion

Mirror 3: OFP.at

Mirror 4: Flashpoint.ru

Needs:

3WX 3rd party objects pack

3WX/AGS industrial pack

Or just look at the 3WX site

More mirror's and feedback are welcome  smile_o.gif

m8, i realy like it but, i thought you will make it usable to AI's?

and the airport needs LOADS of TONS of work,

whell anyway, i like it.

good job.

who said that the ai crashes at the big road?

just put them at "safe", wich u should do anyways when u let the ai drive.... tounge_o.gif

this is an excellent project, just some comments the highway ends rather abruptly, maybe that could be fixed?

and i do agree, billboards and other eyecandy would be most welcome.

is it just me or is the airport sqrewed up?

the planes land fron the "wrong" direction.. (from north and tuchdown at te opposit end of the runway (going south) and same thing when they take of... taxiin along the east side of the runway.. make a turn onto the runway, go about half the runway, then turn back to the same place they taxied and take of (taking of literally in the sand beside the runway)....

something must have been wrong there???

@ Ironsight

You can walk through the T-55 Monument!

I loaded it into O2 and saw that the GeoLOD is below surface (!!!) and no mass was applied. I corrected that and binarized it. Now it's got just 165kB smile_o.gif

If you're interested, contact me via kingofpain@gmx.de

Is this 100% complete or is there going to be more changed and added over time.

So far, I love just driving on the highways with the ford hotrod, can make it to the airport from lipany in less than 5 minutes.

I don't work with this guy, but I followed the old topic (closed now) from the begining and this is not final. A lot more to come. What hospital?

isnt it possible to make children models for ofp ?

Tha way if u put a school in the island, the childrens can be used for hostage sittuations :P

isnt it possible to make children models for ofp ?

Tha way if u put a school in the island, the childrens can be used for hostage sittuations :P

i think its possible, since we have dog models already tounge_o.gif

only bug i saw so far was that the T55 mmument is underground unless your 2m away (and the above forementioned problem)

and i too thought "momument in the middle of the frucking desert? crazy_o.gif then i remembered the cutscene. . . those ruins was where the resistance forces held down thier last and final battle. thier showdown with the russians. thats why the monument is there. . .makes alot more sense smile_o.gif

and this island surprisingly doesnt lag (anymore then the normal nogova lags). first i was driving then when i got to lipanay i took to the skys in an AH6 and there was no more lag then the normal nogova ofers (which isnt exactly pleasent) but i thought forsure those barriers would kill crazy_o.gif but they didnt. and you did a fine job

PS: the map facts airport building(s) is a bit of a PC killer on large islands such as this, my assumption on why it wasnt used wink_o.gif

and this island surprisingly doesnt lag (anymore then the normal nogova lags). first i was driving then when i got to lipanay i took to the skys in an AH6 and there was no more lag then the normal nogova ofers (which isnt exactly pleasent) but i thought forsure those barriers would kill  crazy_o.gif but they didnt. and you did a fine job

PS: the map facts airport building(s) is a bit of a PC killer on large islands such as this, my assumption on why it wasnt used  wink_o.gif

hehe - somebody must have done a good job with his

very first addon then  smile_o.gif

Excellent job on the island Ironsight  wink_o.gif

btw - the towers are nearly done now - me only needs to

add some good looking dirt textures onto one of my two

exemplaries.

If you only need a clean one (same textures as the israeli walls), gimmie a shout and i'm gonna handle it over to you.

:edit - corrected a typo

~S~ CD

Hey mate

nice island...downloadin now! Better be worth it!

~Bmg

P.S. if i can't fit in a oil tanker to pump out major bucks i'm SUEING!

Is this 100% complete or is there going to be more changed and added over time.

Like I said it is still v1 more versions will follow wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@ Ironsight

I loaded it into O2 and saw that the GeoLOD is below surface (!!!) and no mass was applied. I corrected that and binarized it. Now it's got just 165kB

I am interested expect an email soon wink_o.gif

@ Ironsight

I loaded it into O2 and saw that the GeoLOD is below surface (!!!) and no mass was applied. I corrected that and binarized it. Now it's got just 165kB  smile_o.gif

That'd be my fault, I put it together very quickly and must have forgotten to add mass to it, oops.

I left it un-binarized so the Ironsight could reposition the gun or angle the tank any way he wanted too. wink_o.gif

Very nice island! I like it alot. Is there any chanse for a train in some later version, if the AEF guys decide to release it fairly soon?

smile_o.gif

yeha there shoudl be a monument to the rebal leader at the place he was killed at the base of those hills int he desert. and the monument should have a plaque explaing it..and maybe a like fence around those ruins a and a musuem building etc.. oh and a grave yard for those rebals who died..

yes the highway needs more breaks in the divider. also i would run nother highway north when you update that area..

very nice updated island.

oh also add a sea port in..

I was just wondering if it is possible to put an oilrig (did anyone actually make one of those?) somewhere off the coast of Nogova?

I was just wondering if it is possible to put an oilrig (did anyone actually make one of those?) somewhere off the coast of Nogova?

That would be good to secure.

and i too thought "momument in the middle of the frucking desert? crazy_o.gif then i remembered the cutscene. . . those ruins was where the resistance forces held down thier last and final battle. thier showdown with the russians. thats why the monument is there. . .makes alot more sense  smile_o.gif

That's why I placed it there, and it fitted the ruins very good  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

and this island surprisingly doesnt lag (anymore then the normal nogova lags). first i was driving then when i got to lipanay i took to the skys in an AH6 and there was no more lag then the normal nogova ofers (which isnt exactly pleasent) but i thought forsure those barriers would kill  crazy_o.gif but they didnt. and you did a fine job

I noticed it too, maybe because I left the PBO uncompressed?

Quote[/b] ]oh also add a sea port in..

I wanted too, but then I heard there is an update of the AGS harbour pack coming up, so I will put it in the next version  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I was just wondering if it is possible to put an oilrig (did anyone actually make one of those?) somewhere off the coast of Nogova?

Nice idea I know that FW200 has one maybe something for the next version  wink_o.gif

is it just me or is the airport sqrewed up?

the planes land fron the "wrong" direction.. (from north and tuchdown at te opposit end of the runway (going south) and same thing when they take of... taxiin along the east side of the runway.. make a turn onto the runway, go about half the runway, then turn back to the same place they taxied and take of (taking of literally in the sand beside the runway)....

something must have been wrong there???

I saw it and I don't get it how that is possible, the main runway was left for what it was (only new textures) and the config is left the same. But I hope to fix it in the next version wink_o.gif