Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Good news for polish players! Polish site OFP Center PL - Ofp.bmj.pl just translated OFP Y2K3 installation "step by step" to our wonderfull language biggrin_o.gif You can find it in our forum, Section "addony"  - topic "Mod Y2k3 - Polski Opis Instalacji" smile_o.gif  If you have problem, and want support in polish launguage, go to same section, topic "Operation Flashpoint 2003 [Y2K3]". I, and other people from our forum will try help you smile_o.gif

flag_poland.gif

Pappy are You interested in new version of CPU Friendly config? I noticed that some people have problems with perfomance.... smile_o.gif

i have tested (to remplace the rpg,heavy gunner soldiers) and it work perfect smile_o.gif

but (yes theres a but tounge_o.gif ) i have Dpbo the HYK soldier and find that > it's just an 85 to add (as you have sayed) but tounge_o.gif when i do that in the game crash at startup (because the menu intro use us soldiers

i think i does an error but where ? i cant find...

Hi..

I've been playing OFP for over 2-3 years now.. I'm not exactly 'active' on the forums.. but I just want to say thank you modders, for keeping the game going.

I LOVE the Y2k3 mod. but i have a problem, please help crazy_o.gif

I would like to use the VItpack 1.4 pack.. but it seems to conflict with the mod. instead of letting me use that DKM_rcS.pbo is there a way to edit it to use the new mod's effects? also, the addon overload is slowing the comp down. are there some addons i can remove that won't give an error? (for ex, the HKY stuff?, and the T74<-- which can't kill the drivers if they pop out)

I also installed that sky & NV pack. I get the sky, and the NVG model.. but the 'green' view is still 'specky' ... any way to clear this up?

and last of all .. tounge_o.gif The Anti-SAM/flares on the helis and planes.. is there a way to lessen the effectiveness of them?

thanks.. any help is appreciated. blues.gif

Quote[/b] ]I also installed that sky & NV pack. I get the sky, and the NVG model.. but the 'green' view is still 'specky' ... any way to clear this up?

try the old llaumax or somthing...

for that view the older post (after the page 100)

ps:you say about the night vision who arent clear ? yeah ?

hey it says when i try to play it that the ECP setting is missing or something like that???

you didnt get the extra file installer that is on the downloads page of the Y2K3 site (check my sig for link)

Nemesis6 : sorry, when you do a mod using this many things from that many people its hard to remember them all, ill fix that now.

@Asterix: the hyk stuff is the entire west force  crazy_o.gif  ive included only the addons needed to run the mod, no more, no less, theres nothing expendable in the install. sorry.

about the ecm: when i tested, i tried it 10 times. desert island, with 6 russian AA, strela toteing soldiers and me in an A10 flying over. 6 missels fired, 4 deflected.

player vs ai aircraft, 6 missels fired, 4 deflected.

i felt those were pretty realisitc settings all things considered.

edit: kuba, it was you who made the cpu freindly one. thats right damn 3 tries and i fucked up who did it before. sorry about that ghostface.gif hummmm. lemme get back to you on that

im not askin pappy to add in anything just have a config question

Im not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to replace islands in anyway, i had a few in mind ie replacing:

kolgujev with keg's nogojev, replacing everon with the one redone with resistance objects, and replacing malden with an island called maldova.

i know its simple to replace the ones redone with resistance objects, but what about the other ones?

sorry for quoating myself, i dont need to sound annoying, but doesn anyone have any takes/suggestions about my comment about the islands?

maybe im not asking in the right place?

i answered this. all you have to do is rename, and replace the wrp files in the worlds folder. BUT i warn you that old missions, campaigns, and so on will NOT be compatable with the new islands.

just so you know wink_o.gif

edit: kuba, it was you who made the cpu freindly one. thats right damn 3 tries and i fucked up who did it before. sorry about that  ghostface.gif hummmm. lemme get back to you on that

No problem smile_o.gif Just add link of my polish translation of Y2K3 instalation to your website and we are done biggrin_o.gif I woud be very greatfull if you did that smile_o.gif I will make new version of  CPU Friendly Y2K3 as fast as possible smile_o.gif

You know OFP runs better with Y2K3 anyway.

I must disagree smile_o.gif Indead it looks better, but it makes game slower sad_o.gif Some people [like I smile_o.gif ] have problems with perfomance...  To make my and their live easier i created low end version of Pappy's config - it disables most laggy scripts, and makes game much more faster, but still enjoyable. I bough a new PC some time ago so i rather dont care about it now, but many people have still trouble with it...

i would be grateful if someone can make a config that disables the ECP Random weather thingy (random weather? HAH, it´s always sun in the beginning and rain in the end of a mission, not very random i would say)

i hate that stupid thing....

i would be grateful if someone can make a config that disables the ECP Random weather thingy (random weather? HAH, it´s always sun in the beginning and rain in the end of a mission, not very random i would say)

i hate that stupid thing....

You can do it yoursefl smile_o.gif

Go to directory Operation Flashpoint\@ECP and open file "ECP_Settings.sq"

Find there variable:

"ECP_random_weather_enable = true"

Change true to false. Everything shoud be ok now smile_o.gif

I don't think he likes that script...

yea thats safe to assume that. biggrin_o.gif

i turned it off for me too. plus i jacked up the tail rotor failure probibility to 0.95 (instead of 0.3) cuz its more fun watchen em crash that way biggrin_o.gif

Hey guys, great work !!!

My game, however, keeps crashing with no message as to why during CTI games (1.16 to be exact).

How do i uninstall/disable Y2K3?

Thanks in advance,

Slavka.

i answered this. all you have to do is rename, and replace the wrp files in the worlds folder. BUT i warn you that old missions, campaigns, and so on will NOT be compatable with the new islands.

just so you know wink_o.gif

sorry i checked back and couldnt find it. what about island addons that come in .pbo format? if you open them up, will the .wrp files be inside?

Hey guys, great work !!!

My game, however, keeps crashing with no message as to why during CTI games (1.16 to be exact).

How do i uninstall/disable Y2K3?

Thanks in advance,

Slavka.

Just dont run the Y2K3 shortcut  tounge_o.gif

Great add-on!. Anyone has a clue on how to disable the "first aid" option? Then the mod would be perfect

biggrin_o.gif

that option helps u not to bleed to death tounge_o.gif

its in the ecp_blood settings

bottom of the file

Quote[/b] ]; allow damage from bloodloss

? [blood_bleeding_bloodloss_disable] call ECP_is_null : blood_bleeding_bloodloss_disable = false

change that to "true" and assuming thats the right command line that should stop dammage, henceforth stoping the need for first aid

theroreticly speaking wink_o.gif

Hey pappy, Thanks for you're quick reply AND awsome mod! I'm gonna try it out now biggrin_o.gif

I tried you're solution, unfortunatly first Aid is stil a possibility. Are there other ways i can try to turn the first aid option off?

I have a question, where can I find the weapons that HYK soldiers use in Y2K3?

are those INQ's ones? because I have INQ's high res weapon pack, but the M16+M203 is not present...

thx

I tried you're solution, unfortunatly first Aid is stil a possibility. Are there other ways i can try to turn the first aid option off?

one other way is to delete the action from the script

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_act_idx = player addAction ["First Aid", format["%1first_aid.sqs",blood_internal_scriptdir]]

one other way is to delete the action from the script

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_act_idx = player addAction ["First Aid", format["%1first_aid.sqs",blood_internal_scriptdir]]

Ok great! what script are you referring to? I want to try this rightaway biggrin_o.gif