Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

I tested the PE edition of the config.bin and did not noticed any bugs, on the performance improvements level i did not really noticed anything, but i don't really play with a framerate benchmarking utility to see changes.

I have an old system judging by today standard, but Y2K3 remains playable and a great job.

About the "computer lags", i very suspect that what is causing the most "computer lags" are the huge number of added smoke that are produced by firing mostly every infantry weapons , ( i noticed the same huge amount of smoke from the Combat addons included in Y2K3 too).

I don't know if it can be dealt within the config (like blood/explosions/etc that can be disabled by the ECP settings in the ECP mod) or if those smokes come hardcoded in those weapons and addons, but in big firefights the huge amount of really not needed smokes from those infantry weapons are heavy for the system.

I want to get rid of the CD player option.I didnt edit the thing for 2 weeks and it brought up a script error called '/ssvdocuments/radioinit2.sqs not found' and its in there!! Now that I am permenently pissed off and the need for the script is just 0 so please tell me how to fix it or just unisntall the script!

thank you...bikecop

the script path is \ssv_documents\radioinit2.sqs

if u downloaded the one with the pimpin pipers it ISNT in there cuz thats a much older version.

you will need to edit the config of the humvee and the default editable config included for OFP and remove the init line "[this] exec ""\ssv_documents\radioinit2.sqs"""; from the deafult config and the init for hte humvee that has the other script there.

about the FPS, i use kegetys dxdll to show the fps and my default non-y2k3 fps was 15 to 22 and with the PE version of y2k3 is 10 to 22 with reflections off. default Y2K3 i get 7 to 10 fps.

the gunsmoke is a modified OFP gunsmoke using that of combats settins. i suppose it would cause lag if 100 ppl all shot at once  tounge_o.gif  or 10 mgs. to turn this off merely turn off "cloudlets" in your OFP in game settings.

I like this conversion a lot, but why are the american tank crews replaced with SOAR Pilots and not with the Combat Crews?

I like this conversion a lot, but why are the american tank crews replaced with SOAR Pilots and not with the Combat Crews?

becuz combat crew are for APC, Armored Personal Carriers. NOT MBT, Main Battle Tanks. the best looking unit for a MB tank crew was the SOAR Crew. the helmet, the goggles, the extra protection vest. it was the best crew model availbe for main battle tanks.

the APC's such as the M113 and the M2A2 are crewed by combats APC crew.

thats why.

Quote[/b] ]Pappy whats a 'pimpin pipers'?

PsycTripCrazy.jpg

the pimpin Piper Cheiftian

bottom of the Y2K3 homepage. BUT it has an older version of the ssv_documents in it so do NOT use that one if u have the Y2K3 one.

pappy I do have the Y2K3 one but after 2 weeks of not playing the mod has the mod rebeled against me?I was able to play on the CD player before ut now I cant...Guess its time for an uninstall

pappy I do have the Y2K3 one but after 2 weeks of not playing the mod has the mod rebeled against me?I was able to play on the CD player before ut now I cant...Guess its time for an uninstall

i dont know what to tell you. it has never caused me, or anyone else a problem. and i've already explained how to uninstall the CD player script as you asked.

Pappy, two Qs:

How do you get rid of random weather? Blue sky- rain - blue sky - overcast - thunder in 10 mins. Not very realistic!

How do you get rid of the fly buzzing? It's annoying me to hell and back.

Pappy, two Qs:

How do you get rid of random weather? Blue sky- rain - blue sky - overcast - thunder in 10 mins. Not very realistic!

How do you get rid of the fly buzzing? It's annoying me to hell and back.

random weather is changed in the ECP settings script file in the @ecp folder. i forget where but its commented in tehre how to change it.

and the flys u have to edit the .cpp version of the config found int eh Y2K3\bin\configs folder and edit out the "killed" eventhandler's from the Class man, west, east, resis. . aw hell open it with notepad and type "flies" in the find feature of note pad and delete that line.

it is rather annoying, but since your PC doesnt yet have the oder emiters installed in them yet. the next best thing to a very bad smelling battlefield is flys buzzin around teh bodies.

Yeah, I agree, but after a big battle you just get "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and the sound isn't very localised.

Thanks for the tips, will sort them out tonight.

BTW, the default East RPGs are one shot one kill, they kick the crap out of anything you fire them at - T80s, M1A2 etc. Not quite sure if this was deliberate!

[Edit] Just want to repeat that I am loving this game all over again. My girlfriend is not, however. I really wish the mission editor was more user-friendly (ie you don't need a computer science degree to create good ones) but there you go that's another topic of discussion and we can't have everything!

Yeah, I agree, but after a big battle you just get "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and the sound isn't very localised.

Thanks for the tips, will sort them out tonight.

BTW, the default East RPGs are one shot one kill, they kick the crap out of anything you fire them at - T80s, M1A2 etc. Not quite sure if this was deliberate!

[Edit] Just want to repeat that I am loving this game all over again. My girlfriend is not, however. I really wish the mission editor was more user-friendly (ie you don't need a computer science degree to create good ones) but there you go that's another topic of discussion and we can't have everything!

i didnt do the RPG i just used it.

i know its powerful. so stay away from them tounge_o.gif

spend time with your g/f man. when i lost my girl i was kickin myself for playin too much flashpoint and not spending enough time with her. if god forbid she break up with you, you are gonna wish u spent more time together.

the mission editor is very simpel once u get used to it. it was very itimidating to me too at first. everon and 1 tank was the limit of my mission making skills.

8 months of learning the editor i created LZ Columbus when nam pack 2 came out. and Hill 937. then some corsair demo missions.

then i got away from mission making, to addon/mod making. and look at me now smile_o.gif so dont give up on the editor so easily.

Hmmmm, pity the West AT weapons aren't similarly powerful.

MsFlogger understands my foilbles.

I just had a thought, bad idea btw, my head hurts now...

Is it possible to randomize the buzz sound effect, so we don't get it in every single unit?

I'm not bother about it, cos I like it anyway, just thinking about the people that its not too happy with it biggrin_o.gif I'm such a nice fella biggrin_o.gif lol, just joking.

@CERO.

Personally, I'm happier without it.

I'm thinking of getting all the weapons crates and mission weapons load-out options standardised to Y2K3 (eg a Suchey SWS instead of M21 etc).

Anyone want to guide me on what I need to do?

Hmmm If a body was to try and replace the existing boats with your PTFs would that cause a whole raft ( crazy_o.gif Pun) of problems?

aside from the obvious mission incompatability (no cargo proxies) and the lag it would cause (since the boats are used in 4s and 5s) and lastly carrying over the cripts would be very difficult for those who dont know what thier doing.

Hmmm a poorly considered suggestion on my behalf, but what I reallly should have asked was could the multi gun script be used on a PBR replacement...which you answered already.

Personally, I'm happier without it.

I'm thinking of getting all the weapons crates and mission weapons load-out options standardised to Y2K3 (eg a Suchey SWS instead of M21 etc).

Anyone want to guide me on what I need to do?

its INQ's M24 SWS, and ive doen that for the trucks, ammo crates but the mission load out needs to be edited via each mission (its in teh description.ext openable by notepad).

i put in extra M24 mags. extra AT4 mags. NO extra RPG16 mags. their too powerful as is. and no extra M249 mags. shes got 200 rounds per box, you have 800 rounds of ammo. if u run out before the end of a mission, extra ammo is the least of your concerns.

been playing with the mod a fair bit and loving it.

Just a tiny suggestion...

how hard would it be to add cd player function to every vehicle?

if thats a ton of work, how about just adding it to choppers, or just the nam hueys and a blackhawk?

i really want to hear a bit of hendrix and paint it black on those nam and bas missions....

what do you think?

cheers

.sub

cool, how would i do that, i really suck at scripting commands so any help would be appreciated,

cheers

.sub

if you want to add it via config. .

_this exec ""\ssv_documents\radioinit2.sqs""

to add it to vehicals for a mission, like via mission editor. in the vehicals init line add in [this] exec "\ssv_documents\radioinit2.sqs"

edited path names. sorry about that. Path names for runnin the scripts work now smile_o.gif

just tried it and got an error, it needs another \ at the start of the path, ie:

[this] exec "\ssv_documents\radioinit2.sqs"

just thought i'd mention it if anyone else is having problems,