Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

ive mentioned this before. u either have to shoot at the helo like a law without locking on. it only deflects the missles that are locked on.

and its not total unballenced. as you said all helos have it. both east and west.

It is unbalanced when it's Resistence v East!

Isn't there a success probability factor in the deflection script?

That would be interesting, using percentage values like in the ECP rotor dammage script.

@CERO.

Pappy please do something with it - some resitance missions are impossible to pass now... sad_o.gif

It is unbalanced when it's Resistence v East!

Isn't there a success probability factor in the deflection script?

well insuragents arent known to be able to succesfuly default large supported military vehicals wink_o.gif

but anyway. if there was id tell you what to edit. but i dont have a freakin clue. its in the BAS MAH60 pbo if yall find a way to do it be my guest in posting the answer

\BAS_MAH60\ECM\EastCM.sqs

\BAS_MAH60\ECM\WestCM.sqs

\BAS_MAH60\ECM\flares.sqs

its prolly the first 2 but like i said i dont know which one has those factors in it.

I'm the last person to ask about that! I think I did a parachute script once upon a time (that didn't work anyway) and that's about all my experience.

But, for examples of insurgent capability against heavy armour / choppers:

Mojaheddin in Afghanistan

Somalia

Iraq

Chechnya

I've got to say though: I completed the helo airport mission in question with RPGs. It took hours, but it is possible. Equip all your men with sniper rifles and RPG launchers, take out the tanks / APCs, pick off the infantry from the hills and then move in to take the helos out from the roofs of the buildings.

I loaded the auto install Y2k3, but can not get the ecp effects to work (blood effects, explosions, etc....)

Is there anything extra that needs to be done after the self install is finished, to get these features to work in game?

I loaded the auto install Y2k3, but can not get the ecp effects to work (blood effects, explosions, etc....)

Is there anything extra that needs to be done after the self install is finished, to get these features to work in game?

u need to installe the Extra installer.. that contains the rest biggrin_o.gif

Oh yeah Kuba, you could always use the shift-minus and endmission cheat to get past the copters.

@Rysumm2004, the extra install will install the ECP scripts you need to run this mod, but make sure you put them into the directory the installer ask you too.

@DiabloTerror, I forgot to mention, gosh!! don't I like to see pics like the one you just posted? I feel like I finally made something good for the community biggrin_o.gif LOL.

@CERO.

Pappy this is more relating to the Y2K3 feature of the radio, but can you tell me the specs on the ogg files? Like the specific frequency, bit rate and so forth. I was thinking of adding some mp3s to my music folder when I make missions and wanted to know the proper size for them. I see which ever tracks you picked out for the radio sound great. Thanks

PLEASE HELP! I downloaded the mod about a week ago and i cant for the life of me get it 2 work!

I hav absolutely no technical knowledge so u guys r gonna hav 2 giv me the idiots guide!

Ive read the installations instructions countless times but i dont understand step 6, when it says edit my current {working} exe file, which 1 is it, coz i cant find any exe file in the whole of my OFP directory!

Any help is much appreciated!

And please, be gentle!

PLEASE HELP!  I downloaded the mod about a week ago and i cant for the life of me get it 2 work!

I hav absolutely no technical knowledge so u guys r gonna hav 2 giv me the idiots guide!

Ive read the installations instructions countless times but i dont understand step 6, when it says edit my current {working} exe file, which 1 is it, coz i cant find any exe file in the whole of my OFP directory!

Any help is much appreciated!

And please, be gentle!

make a new copy of the OFP Shortcut at the desktop.

then right mouse buttom on it --> then in the target area write after .exe -nomap -mod=Y2K3

so like:

blablablalbalalblabla.exe" -nomap -mod=Y2K3 (or whatever the folder name was )

hope that helped.. if that was ur question smile_o.gif

Pappy this is more relating to the Y2K3 feature of the radio, but can you tell me the specs on the ogg files?  Like the specific frequency, bit rate and so forth.  I was thinking of adding some mp3s to my music folder when I make missions and wanted to know the proper size for them.  I see which ever tracks you picked out for the radio sound great.  Thanks

well the file just has to be .ogg for it to work best.

32000 Hz, 24kps (-0.1q), mono

is the best sounding at the smallest size. was able to get a 4 minute/ 4 meg song down to a little over 1 meg that way. there is a differnce in the sound if u listen to them both but its hardly noticeable when listening to one or the other. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]But, for examples of insurgent capability against heavy armour / choppers:

Mojaheddin in Afghanistan

Somalia

Iraq

Chechnya

yes i know its been attempted. but lets look at somalia for example. not the freakin movie, the real life stuff. 1 RPG hit the helo while it was almost hovering. i could freakin do that and ive never used an RPG. second, RPG isnt guided. AA missels are. ECM's work on guided weapons. but anyway they took down 2 helos. in how many missions flown over? in how many RPG's shot at them? lets give a rough estimate of well over 200 fired and 2 hit. hardly a "success" if u ask me.

i never said it didnt happen, i just said thier hardly successful wink_o.gif

@cero It looks like I have got the scripts, they are in my Operation Flashpoint folder. Do they need to go into a different folder?

Is there anything special I need to do like adding game logic's to missions or should these effects automatically work for everthing?

Also, is there anything special that needs to happen to get the GMR explosions to work?

I know when I usea the GMR mod I needed a seperate shortcut.

Nice CD cover. Y2K3 is definitly desserving of it.

And I have hit Mi23's (and possibly a Hind) with guided AA's, though it's not easy or frequent.

really nice job on the dvd cover !

although i already like it alot i made another one (has been really boring today), with some parts from @cero´s layout .. i hope he dosn´t mind  rock.gif

y2k3dvdbox.jpg

sad thing about that is, occasionly i do have flashbacks, and i constantly tell my "war stories" to my freinds.  tounge_o.gif

although i already like it alot i made another one (has been really boring today), with some parts from @cero´s layout .. i hope he dosn´t mind  rock.gif

http://tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/mrburns/y2k3dvdbox.jpg

AWESOME!!.. is taht for DVD covers or normal CD covers ? if DVD im gonna use that to on a DVD cover tounge_o.gif as i use on a CD cover

Don't think I'll be telling my grandkids about this.

Burned a CD and printed out that cover for a friend with 56k. He thought it was very cool.

Hand made art work,great addons,replaced!

OFP now is getting so close to the point of the 'VBS1' level.OFP might just survive.

Alright! I finally got the Y2k3 mod to work. Just had to make sure and follow the direction right and download and install the newest version.

I must say that Pappy Boyington Is a complete GENIUS! I read in another reply from him that he is only 18, thats amazing.

@Pappy- Hey man, what kind of work are you into? If yiou don't mind me asking. Are you going to school for computer programming?

Or do you just like stuf like this for a hobby? I could imagine that people over at Bohemia or Codemaster could use a guy like you on their payroll.

Anyway great work one improving a really fun game!!!! biggrin_o.gif

http://tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/mrburns/y2k3dvdbox.jpg

Sure, but its not much of mine left in there biggrin_o.gif lol. I don't mind at all, the more the beter.

@ DiabloTerror, the one I posted originally its for a DVD cover, that's why Pappy croped it down to fit in a CD cover. However, for some reason when I printed mine out it came 5 milimetres too big all around crazy_o.gif extrange, because I give it the right size in Photoshop.

@ Rysumm2004, I'm glad you got it running fine now, save me the explaining biggrin_o.gif lol, its sunday in here, and I'm in a lazy mood.

Regards.

@CERO.

I am trying now to install the new sky textures etc... addon. I am not sure where to install it though and there are no instructions.

When I run the auto install it just sends it to a directory such as a temp folder. Any ideas where I put this in my Operation Flashpoint folder?