Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

I was wondering who reskined the 5t open Truck to look like MAF's M925.I can't seem to find it in the Y2K3 addons folder...Can anybody help me...

truckfront.jpg

I was wondering who reskined the 5t open Truck to look like MAF's M925.I can't seem to find it in the Y2K3 addons folder...Can anybody help me...

[img/]http://img55.exs.cx/img55/2639/truckfront.jpg[/img]

Hmmm.... i cant recall the name of this guy.. It was quite simillar to this popular sailor from cartoon, Poppey, or something like that tounge_o.gif

i reskined it. cuz Mr. Ethics felt the entire world may implode if someone released a maf reskin without written and signed documents by 15 differnt people.

and did you check the Maf 5 ton pbo? wink_o.gif its not configed, the model is reskined and then saved in the PBO so that it could be called upon for the config project.

I have a question, where can I find the weapons that HYK soldiers use in Y2K3?

are those INQ's ones? because I have INQ's high res weapon pack, but the M16+M203 is not present...

thx

right the M16A2 + M203 is from WGL. but since it uses INQ textures i put it in the INQ weapon pack (using paa/pac textures) then configed her into the INQ weapons pack to be readily availble in weapon crates ect.

PS: there really isnt any detail loss using paa/pac textures oppsesed to his jpeg textures. ive looked both weapons over 90 times i dont see a single pixel differance. but in depboing sure in shit they ARE paa/pac. so better performance without detail loss is great. smile_o.gif

gr8 mod shame thats thers no campign .....werid thing with the t-90 is that it blows up with one shot from a m1a1 can some tell me why?

Can You help me? I do everything with your instructions, mod is working well, but when i try to load game i get error like this:

Cannot load "Users\Mirage\Saved\campaigns\1985\continue.fps. Error 'No entry'at '/GameState/Variables/Item4/data.valute'.

gr8 mod shame thats thers no campign .....werid thing with the t-90 is that it blows up with one shot from a m1a1 can some tell me why?

i didnt mess with any armor values whatsoever so i dunno whats up wit dat.

about the campaign, you do realize that the whole point of this mod was to replace all the default shit with user made stuff so that you could play old BIS missions and campaigns with it right?

@ load game error: clear out your campaign/save game memory. im pretty sure thats waht causes that error, anyone else wanna chime in here?

Brilliant mod Pappy, I've just played through the 1985 campaign again and the experience is improved immesurably!

Just a few things though, many of the weapons crates in the campaign and the loadout have old weapons like laws, M21s and M60s etc and not the ones in the update. It would be nice to grab yourself an SWS or SAW instead of the standard BIS things on a loadout. It's probably a bug but all the M4s are still called XMs as well.

The model used for the Russian sniper looks a bit odd with all that backpack and rollmat stuff - he'd be a bit bogged down in real life with all that gear! I'm not sure what you could use instead but perhaps the sniper model from the marine assault pack would be better? I'm a bit puzzled why BAS SOAR pilots were used for tank crews as well.

Was it your intention to mix Flora and Bereska camos on the Russian soldiers - it just looks a bit odd.

Also, the same model is used for pretty much all resistance fighters. It looks really good and the (I think Flectarn) camo is really well rendered but there's not much variation.

The M113s are still being used more than Bradleys in the campaign - maybe these could be replaced. The M113s are still totally outgunned by the BMPs with their sabot rounds and missiles. The mission to take Kolgujev sees a bunch of M113s slaughtered in about two minutes of fighting.

The Hummer M2 sounds are horrible as well, is there any chance of an updated config to normalise them with the rest of the game? Oh yeah, and wouldn't a Hummer with an M2 be better for the Jeep / gun?

These are all little things and probably not worth looking at but I just thought I'd alert you to them if you hadn't anticipated them. They're certainly not criticisms!

Thanks again for all your efforts on this, it's revived a game I was thinking of getting out of. Now all we need is a new campaign!

@ load game error: clear out your campaign/save game memory. im pretty sure thats waht causes that error, anyone else wanna chime in here?

I think the error is the one that have always existed when using ECP. I seem to remember that it sounds similar to that, at least.

Have you though about using LSR's Deltas as Black Op. They are more detailjed then BAS's Delta (nothing against you BAS, you did a hell of a work for this community and I salute you for that) and BAS's Deltas are quite old. And there is nothing against old. wink_o.gif

But otherwise, great job, this really shows how all addon makers have putted this game better.

BTW: I must ask: does this mod alter any original OFP files?

snypa you can change the units your self he made a tut on that.

No its not supposed to alter any old files.

i reskined it. cuz Mr. Ethics felt the entire world may implode if someone released a maf reskin without written and signed documents by 15 differnt people.

Or maybe I just have respect for other peoples' work and acknowledge that they may not want other people to alter it?

I don't really understand why you make these little jabs at me, especially considering that the Y2K3 config was based upon my own.

kurayami its ok he must have had some aggrement with marfy to reskin the truck.

I don't think he meant you personally Kurayami.I think he used the word "Mr Ethics" as a generalisation of the people out there who get a bit uptight about using others work,without informing the maker...but maybe i'm wrong.

Quote[/b] ]kurayami its ok he must have had some aggrement with marfy to reskin the truck.

You must be joking.Iv'e lost count of the amount of addon makers who've tried and failed to get a hold of Marfy....

[img/]http://img55.exs.cx/img55/2639/truckfront.jpg[/img]

Hmmm.... i cant recall the name of this guy.. It was quite simillar to this popular sailor from cartoon, Poppey, or something like that tounge_o.gif

Or the infamous leader of the WW2 blacksheep squadron ;)

Anyway, this mod is nearly perfect, however there is one thing that bugs me.

No gear select screen. crazy_o.gif This is very annoying, especially in the resistance campaign. Any chance of this getting fixed?

Hi all

i would know if someone tried Y2K3 with CTI 1.16...

I tried it but it always crash me to desktop....but if i play cti with normal ofp it is ok...

Have you though about using LSR's Deltas as Black Op. They are more detailjed then BAS's Delta (nothing against you BAS, you did a hell of a work for this community and I salute you for that) and BAS's Deltas are quite old. And there is nothing against old. wink_o.gif

But otherwise, great job, this really shows how all addon makers have putted this game better.

BTW: I must ask: does this mod alter any original OFP files?

I use Laser's in my own configuration, for the blackop day, and the retextured ones, the Nomex deltas, for the normal blackops.

I'm gonna merge the two configurations when I get some free time this week, if you are interested I'll change them deltas for you.

@CERO.

@snypa

You shoud check out Pappys tutorial how to make your own changes in config :-)

Brilliant mod Pappy, I've just played through the 1985 campaign again and the experience is improved immesurably!

Just a few things though, many of the weapons crates in the campaign and the loadout have old weapons like laws, M21s and M60s etc and not the ones in the update. It would be nice to grab yourself an SWS or SAW instead of the standard BIS things on a loadout. It's probably a bug but all the M4s are still called XMs as well.

The model used for the Russian sniper looks a bit odd with all that backpack and rollmat stuff - he'd be a bit bogged down in real life with all that gear! I'm not sure what you could use instead but perhaps the sniper model from the marine assault pack would be better? I'm a bit puzzled why BAS SOAR pilots were used for tank crews as well.

Was it your intention to mix Flora and Bereska camos on the Russian soldiers - it just looks a bit odd.

Also, the same model is used for pretty much all resistance fighters. It looks really good and the (I think Flectarn) camo is really well rendered but there's not much variation.

The M113s are still being used more than Bradleys in the campaign - maybe these could be replaced. The M113s are still totally outgunned by the BMPs with their sabot rounds and missiles. The mission to take Kolgujev sees a bunch of M113s slaughtered in about two minutes of fighting.

The Hummer M2 sounds are horrible as well, is there any chance of an updated config to normalise them with the rest of the game? Oh yeah, and wouldn't a Hummer with an M2 be better for the Jeep / gun?

These are all little things and probably not worth looking at but I just thought I'd alert you to them if you hadn't anticipated them. They're certainly not criticisms!

Thanks again for all your efforts on this, it's revived a game I was thinking of getting out of. Now all we need is a new campaign!

any mission added weapons such as the M21 (this addweapon m21) will still be the M21 as alot of people still enjoy the orginal weapons, myself included. its the default placed units that have the new loadouts.

the M4's are refered to as XM cuz i didnt want to fuck with compatabilty too much, that includes the language compatabilty

the russin sniper is the marine assult pack russian auto rifelman. used by popular demand.

the hummer with the M2, let me remind you other then the CD player scrip, M16A2 plced with INQ weapons) and the hand gun sights (made by benus) i didnt make any of those addons. those are fishkopps humvees, i merely used his model thats it.

the jeep Mg i wanted to use something a lil more speedy and agile such as the HTTV. CTI'ers and missionmakers use the jeep MG cuz its fast and its agile, the hummer is not agile, granted i made the Y2K3 default humvee faster offraod. its still not agile.

i wont be releasing anymore updates unless i have a DAMN good reason to spend 6 hours making and reuploading a new version wink_o.gif

@LSR deltas for blackops: i didnt use them cuz it was 30 MORE megs then i had. and i was cutting kb anywhere i could for install purposes. thats why i opted not to use his. althou i will admit that they do look nicer, i still use the BAS ones cuz i rarely use the blackops so 30 megs for better model textures is a bit much just for something ill only see once or twice.

@gear selection: you can only choose ur gear if your the commander of your groupu, and if you dont have any weapons there, i dont know what to tell you, all i did was replace model paths for weapons, didnt change weapon names or anything like that crazy_o.gif

@Kurayami: yo brother dont take everything so personaly. that comment, as stated by others, was directed at you and the 1400 other people who wanted to release reskined marfy work. if your recall lee h oswald released his trucks *without* permission, and jonno (who returned form the dead for 2 minutes) gave the ok 3 days AFTER the release. my mr ethics comment was directed at pretty much everyone who begs on thier hands and knees waitin years to get permission from someone you KNOW you cant get a hold of. only to drop the project and disappoint, well everyone. the "ethics" part of the statment i will admit i did get that from you cuz i found that line rather funny so i just turned it into Mr. Ethics for all those ppl who fucked over the community waiting for permission from someone who doesnt make public contact. claiming its "ethical" not to release and allow other people to enjoy the work. oh and your config wasnt used to base Y2K3, it inspired Y2K3, ECP config was the base config. and in all honesty, it was GMR, ECP, EECP, and a couple of other "in the works" config projects that inspired me.

but if you want to pin down the whole "inspiration" blame it would be on "noone got it right, so if you want something done right, do it yourself" and thats what i did. did it right. i orginaly did it for my freind Lee and myself cuz we play MP alot and the default shit got boring. it was Akira from @war that convinced me to release it to the public. and it was the wonderful people that used Y2K3 that inspired me to make it better.

i told you kur, its not a battle between you and i, our mods are totaly differnt. not every joke i jab at you, or any other mod maker (which i have poked fun at other modders in this thread) is NOT personal. so dont make it personal. shit if i made every joke or comment u poked at me, or others that have poked at me, id have a very serious stress complex. chill out brother, calm down, light some candels, relax. its not worth gettin all flustered over smile_o.gif

@Marfy Agreement: no there was no agreement, marfy is anti-social and it has been stated about 19 bajillion times, that he does not, and will not reply to emails, PMs, messengers, smoke signals, or any other form of communication. i had a deadline, not a timeline. i cant expect the impossible to happen. i gave him credit, thats all you can do in that situation.

keep in mind that the mod IS done that i wont be making anymore updates. but my website does have a half decent tutorial on how to change the stuff yourself. but i urge you to keep a back up of the orginal for if/when someone makes a Y2K3 dedicated server/Y2K3 clan using this mod. this way it your config will match thiers and you wont be accused of cheating. and thats another thing i urge EVERYONE using Y2K3 to please whatever changes you do make, make them fair, dont mix up invincable black ops and weak east troops just for an advantage. if u join a server like that it will point out that you are using a modified solder and if ANYONE suspects you cheating i urge that admin to take proper actions. i, as well as noone else, will tollerate cheating.

ok did i miss anyone?

allll righty then. Thank you everyone again for using and/or contributing to the making of Y2K3. and thank you for th wonderful comments. really make it all worth it

Hey guys, I think Pappy has spent enough time on this thing;  he does have a life you know (at least I think he does....).  If you aren't happy with the finished product, then do what I did.... go to the "customizing your OFP experience" at the Y2K3 website

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/site/index.html

and follow the tutorial.  With a little bit of experimentation, you will be able to change the config to suite your needs;  and this info can be applied to modifying addons as well.  For example, I edited the config of the BAS little birds, and changed the gatling gun sound to the one that is used on the BAS MH-47 and MH-60.  I also modified the Y2K3 config by replacing the INQ MP5 with the BAS MP5 with Aimpoint sight, I replaced sports car 1 and 2 with Mechanics Porsche GT2 and Turbo, red car was replaced with Mechanic's VW Golf, Blue car was replaced with Mechanic's WRX, and the Cessna was replaced with the Seaplane Cessna (now I can land it on water).  Also I am going to modify the BRDM and replace it with the BAS one that is armed with a DSHK.  If I can find the time and patience, I will depbo the res O.pbo and replace the V-80 model with Hawk's KA-50 (and give it working landing gear, and ejection seat).  The possibilities are endless if you have enough free time, and you know how to reverse engineer, and aren't affraid to screw with it.  Oh yay and you can get all the depbo, cpp to bin and all the other required software for free from any of the major OFP websites...

WHAT?!?!?!?

I don't see any res/addons/v80.pbo

uhhhh

ok your right. now i know i just freakin saw it. or a resonable facsimale crazy_o.gif

Unhappy customer , not knowing a thing about coding myself, I'm going to have to wait for someone else to do it again!