Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

I just had a few multiplayer missions over lunch with a couple of guys here at work, the atmosphere of having the radio is excellent, but we did notice that the music is only played on the clients pc, so if one person plays something the other people playing dont hear it, which is a shame.

anyway of making this work for multiplayer games?

im thinking it would be great to have it working like bf;nam, hearing ride of the valkeries blazing from other players gunships overhead while your on the ground...

cheers

.sub

I just had a few multiplayer missions over lunch with a couple of guys here at work, the atmosphere of having the radio is excellent, but we did notice that the music is only played on the clients pc, so if one person plays something the other people playing dont hear it, which is a shame.

anyway of making this work for multiplayer games?

im thinking it would be great to have it working like bf;nam, hearing ride of the valkeries blazing from other players gunships overhead while your on the ground...

cheers

.sub

nope. no clue how to do that. it wasnt made for MP really. actualy it wasnt ment for public release but i got alot of good feedback from the pipers. so i figured it would be nice for the cars.

the other reason i didnt go out of my way to make it played server side was if player A wants to listen to low riders and player B following close to player A wants to listen to AM Radio, then you dont hear 2 overlaping songs (which due to OFP's sound code can be heard up to a km away)

Quote[/b] ]I just had a few multiplayer missions over lunch with a couple of guys here at work, the atmosphere of having the radio is excellent, but we did notice that the music is only played on the clients pc, so if one person plays something the other people playing dont hear it, which is a shame.

When in mission editor have you tried using a -publicvariable- command to execute ..\radioinit2.sqs file ?? as far as i know it's kind of global command that sends "message" form server machine to every client machine that important "message/s" can be seen or heard in every client machine.

Correct me if i'm wrong...

I finally gotten around to try this mod. And I'm loving it to death smile_o.gif

I just started playing the RES and CWC campaigns all over again. Thanks for sparking new life to the old missions, Boyngton.

I have a question not directly to the mod, but the addons in it.

The blackops (Gastowski) in the CWC-camapign now holds a Mark23 with a sound-supressor. I really like this gun.

Can someone tell me which addon it is part of (filename) and what the ammo and weapon-names are?

Then name for his M4 SOPMOD SD and its ammo would also be nice.

And what's the "extra installer" (89KB)?

Thanks smile_o.gif

I finally gotten around to try this mod. And I'm loving it to death smile_o.gif

I just started playing the RES and CWC campaigns all over again. Thanks for sparking new life to the old missions, Boyngton.

I have a question not directly to the mod, but the addons in it.

The blackops (Gastowski) in the CWC-camapign now holds a Mark23 with a sound-supressor. I really like this gun.

Can someone tell me which addon it is part of (filename) and what the ammo and weapon-names are?

Then name for his M4 SOPMOD SD and its ammo would also be nice.

And what's the "extra installer" (89KB)?

Thanks smile_o.gif

easy quiestions with easy answers.

they are part of the INQ_Weaponpack. just slap an INQ_ before the weapon names and you have a good chance of getting it right.

Quote[/b] ]

weapons[]={"INQ_M4SOPMOD","INQ_Mk23SD","Binocular","NVGoggles&quo

t;,"Throw","Put"};

magazines[]={"INQ_M4SDMag","INQ_M4SDMag","INQ_M4SDMag","INQ_M4SDMag

","INQ_Mk23SDMag","INQ_Mk23SDMag","INQ_Mk23SDMag",&quot

;

;INQ_Mk23SDMag","PipeBomb","PipeBomb","PipeBomb"};

the "extra file installer" just installs the ECP settings scripts and that into an @ECP mod folder.

by the way folks, if you are having any problems with frame rateage please check my edited post on page 100 (linked on the site if u dont feel like scrolling back) to include my system specs, my settings, a link to a tweak guide, and finnaly a PE or Performance Enhancer version of Y2K3 that ofers to me the same fps with Y2K3 as with my default OFP. only effects lost are the AI join player, bitchin-betty on the helos and the helo smoke. the AT backblast, blood, and flies are still retianed via killed, fired, and hit eventhandlers.  smile_o.gif

When in mission editor have you tried using a -publicvariable- command to execute ..\radioinit2.sqs file ?? as far as i know it's kind of global command that sends "message" form server machine to every client machine that important "message/s" can be seen or heard in every client machine.

Correct me if i'm wrong...

Could this work, i've no idea how to look into this, what do you all think?

CRC errors, third try all on T1 connection from File Planet.

Any help available? I even copied the download to a virtual drive to open with the same results.

I even lowered the burn rate on one copy.

Alygator the solution was given upthread somewhere, around p100 I think.

Quote[/b] ]Could this work, i've no idea how to look into this, what do you all think?

Well, tomorrow i've day off so i'll look into that... i'm going test that what i had in mind and i'll report later on whehter i was successful or not, until then...

Quote[/b] ]Could this work, i've no idea how to look into this, what do you all think?

Well, tomorrow i've day off so i'll look into that... i'm going test that what i had in mind and i'll report later on whehter i was successful or not, until then...

if it does let me know cuz i have a script idea for units that would require all players hear it.

watched tears of hte sun on DVD (saw in teh theaters) but was thinkin i ofer this idea to jackel for the machine gunner to yell (with user action to do so) "fuck you!!" and have the user action like "Yell at Enemy" biggrin_o.gif and if nothin else for private use smile_o.gif

re-dl'ed today from top (slowest conn) and it showed a dos window and work. thanks pap.

Quote[/b] ]if it does let me know cuz i have a script idea for units that would require all players hear it.

No problem, i'll let know, just wait day or two...

hi

i have a problem.when i load my saved game,it crashes.and Cannot load "Saved\missions\....\continue.fps" . Error "no entry" at "Gamestate\Variables\Item45\data.value". how can i fix that problem? thx for your help.

hi

i have a problem.when i load my saved game,it crashes.and  Cannot load "Saved\missions\....\continue.fps" . Error "no entry" at "Gamestate\Variables\Item45\data.value". how can i fix that problem? thx for your help.

if this is a pre-y2k3 savegame you can forget it,

only savegames done with y2k3 will load w/o crashing.

I just downloaded this along with DXDLL1.0. I just wanted to say WOW! Quite an amazing mod. I do have one problem though. Some of the textures get quite screwed up on the weapons, trees and especially when viewing things through the binoculars. The binoculars themselves look very distorted. Does anyone know if this is a problem associated with the DXDLL1.0 or Y2K3?

I just downloaded this along with DXDLL1.0.  I just wanted to say WOW!  Quite an amazing mod.  I do have one problem though.  Some of the textures get quite screwed up on the weapons, trees and especially when viewing things through the binoculars.  The binoculars themselves look very distorted.  Does anyone know if this is a problem associated with the DXDLL1.0 or Y2K3?

DXDLL smile_o.gif

just a few things you need to tweak its no big deal. refer to the dxdll thread about info about that

is this is a problem associated with the DXDLL1.0 or Y2K3?

DXDLL  smile_o.gif

just blame it on kegetys eh?  easiest thing to do  tounge_o.gif

no. . . it twasnt me. . it was the one armed man! tounge_o.gif

hi

i have a problem.when i load my saved game,it crashes.and  Cannot load "Saved\missions\....\continue.fps" . Error "no entry" at "Gamestate\Variables\Item45\data.value". how can i fix that problem? thx for your help.

if this is a pre-y2k3 savegame you can forget it,

only savegames done with y2k3 will load w/o crashing.

I've got that problem, too. But my savegames actually are done with y2k3, still they make ofp-resistance crash.

Anybody else noticed that?

Greetings,

George

I had that problem, so I thought that reversing one mission may sort that out, and gues what... it did, so I don't know if its just luck or what, but I'm able to play without problems.

@CERO.

edit: Lol, sorry, I couldn't hellp it, I just noticed Pappys new site with his personal pics,

Quote[/b] ]just another crazy white man with a gun
Lol.

edit: Lol, sorry, I couldn't hellp it, I just noticed Pappys new site with his personal pics,
Quote[/b] ]just another crazy white man with a gun
Lol.

well i am blues.giftounge_o.gif

It seems potluck with the save games in Res, but then that was always a problem for me.

just a small note to Y2K3'ers out there, as you know i released the Performance Enhancer config for Y2K3 removing a couple effects and rerouting others for a much more Frame Rate Freindly play. but i finnaly got around to updating the downloads page with the link to said configs. . its nothing you havnt seen before, just finnaly got around to updateing the downloads page.

ok well there is a minor differnce as its an installer rather then an rar file now. and it includes the default configs, PErformance Enhancer configs in both Exploding Body and Non eXploding Body variants.

but yea just wanted to tell you i updated the downloads page with it smile_o.gif